Ebola

Man, im really starting to think that the government should enact a travel ban to/from affected countries, immediately.  And also stop granting Visas to non-US nationals in these countries.  Does anyone have a good reason as to why the government isnt doing this?  I can't seem to find a valid reason anywhere.

Last edited:
Man, im really starting to think that the government should enact a travel ban to/from affected countries, immediately.  And also stop granting Visas to non-US nationals in these countries.  Does anyone have a good reason as to why the government isnt doing this?  I can't seem to find a valid reason anywhere.
Ummm what if your a citizen and you are visiting there and want to come back home?

Idk why the sheeple let the government place them in hysteria....
I remember when west Nile was suppose to kill us all, SARS was suppose to kill us all, h1n1 was suppose to kill us all.... What ever happen to these....

Ummm what if your a citizen and you are visiting there and want to come back home?

Idk why the sheeple let the government place them in hysteria....
I remember when west Nile was suppose to kill us all, SARS was suppose to kill us all, h1n1 was suppose to kill us all.... What ever happen to these....
i can understand that, but i think the risks of keeping commercial flights going far outweighs a citizen not being able to come home easily.  

so, by your logic, since previous viral outbreaks didnt kill us all, we shouldnt be worried about ebola?  makes sense..

Last edited:
B0Kn52jCYAArMPK.png

Correct.

Last edited:

There are no direct flights to the US from the outbreak countries. So, you turn your focus to the connecting hubs, where the vast majority of travelers aren't even traveling to the US from the hot zones. This isn't England being overtaken by a virus (and many daily flights back and forth), these are countries that are already almost entirely cut off from the Western Hemisphere.

There are no direct flights to the US from the outbreak countries. So, you turn your focus to the connecting hubs, where the vast majority of travelers aren't even traveling to the US from the hot zones. This isn't England being overtaken by a virus (and many daily flights back and forth), these are countries that are already almost entirely cut off from the Western Hemisphere.
Gotcha, thanks for a logical reason, that makes sense.

"As long as the stray dog doesn't dookie in my lawn I'm fine" mentality is disturbing. Many people are dying.

Last edited:
sure, but it is 2014 and you dont have to take a wind powered boat across the atlantic to get to the US..

Let me get this straight: you think there's absolutely no difference between being connected BY LAND to infected countries and being separated by the Atlantic Ocean?

Let me get this straight: you think there's absolutely no difference between being connected BY LAND to infected countries and being separated by the Atlantic Ocean?
not 'absolutely no difference', it is just concerning to me that someone can come from an affected area, get on a plane, and be in the US in less than 24 hours.  They are still giving out US visas to non-US nationals in affected countries, to me that is absurd, at least a temporary ban would be the smart thing to do.  Had they done this from the get go, Duncan would have never made it here, and two healthcare workers would not have ebola and many others that had contact with Duncan would not be quarantined right now.

Last edited:
They need to put that dog down asap. Id be damned if a dog causes a major outbreak. Sometimes Americans piss me off with their love for animals :smh:

I wonder how many people are going to be an Ebola patient for Halloween this year...I know I am

They need to put that dog down asap. Id be damned if a dog causes a major outbreak. Sometimes Americans piss me off with their love for animals :smh:

That's exactly why they aren't rushing to put the dog down. They don't want any potential infectees in the future to avoid coming forward because they don't want their pet to get put down.

The second nurse might have been showing symptoms before she flew to plan her wedding. IF this thing continues to spread, some people are gonna be in denial and put other people at risk. Pets could be a major reason why they won't admit it.

Da hell. It's in quarantine bruh

The problem isnt really the virus .. the problem is dumb as* people being idiots and travelling/interacting with people knowing they could have the virus or are showing symptoms

Why did either of these 2 nurses go travel somewhere

Any kind of ban/quarantine is just going to make people get outraged and cause more problems .. folks will become irrational not seeing the bigger picture

then when no action is taken and it gets out of hand the blame will be put on those higher up for not implementing bans and quarantines

Question for anyone with knowledge on this ... the atlantic borders West Africa so is it not possible for the virus to be transferred by water over time reaching the U.S.?

Question for anyone with knowledge on this ... the atlantic borders West Africa so is it not possible for the virus to be transferred by water over time reaching the U.S.?

Yeah, Ebola sharks are expected to wash up on Florida beaches sometime in February.

But seriously, Ebola can't survive in water.

But seriously, Ebola can't survive in water.
not concerned about any marine life ...

I asked since bodily fluids is how its transmitted so was curious about water.

Anyways its still going to spread because of idiot people :smh:

not concerned about any marine life ...

I asked since bodily fluids is how its transmitted so was curious about water.

Anyways its still going to spread because of idiot people 
We might as well think its a air virus because it is still easy to catch. Somebody cough put there hand over there mouth, they touch a door knob coming into a store, then other customers touch that same door knob and then wipe there eyes, nose whatever just a example

I think this is going to spread fast soon....best thing you can do is keep washing your hands and keep hand sanitizer on you at all times... And yes they need to cut flights from africa coming back

Something isnt right, I look at the link of the dog,why would they even carry the dog close contact verse a leash even though they are in suits...

I got a weird feeling about this. Im staying in the house for a month to be careful..

But how people will go raw on girls or girls go raw on dudes not caring about aids, but if somebody cough your backing away etc

Last edited:
Close the borders! other 3rd world countries do this. Just found out the nurse called CDC and told them of her high temp, but they said its okay to fly ... Geez.. Becareful you all, I got a uneasy feeling about this...Looks like the nurse was about to get married.I would cancel that weeding quick and get far far away from her and tell her good luck..lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom