Ebola

They need to quarantine the entire continent and not let people leave Africa until this is contained and under control.  This stuff is way too dangerous...learned about it in Bio class in 9th grade and I've been terrified of Ebola ever since   

They need to quarantine the entire continent and not let people leave Africa until this is contained and under control.  This stuff is way too dangerous...learned about it in Bio class in 9th grade and I've been terrified of Ebola ever since   

But how will they flourish off the gold, diamonds, coco beans, and all the other hundreds if not thousands of natural resources Africa has to offer?

But how will they flourish off the gold, diamonds, coco beans, and all the other hundreds if not thousands of natural resources Africa has to offer?
I have no idea but containing a dangerous disease like this from spreading has to take precedent over that.  

If I had to guess though I'd say they wouldn't quarantine the entire continent like I originally said.  If South Africa was still in play then the natural resources would still be traded. 

There are people on NT right now that seriously believe this outbreak was caused by the government :smh:

Never change NT, never change.

There are people on NT right now that seriously believe this outbreak was caused by the government :smh:

I understand what you're saying but until you have concrete evidence to suggest otherwise, you're fighting opinion with opinion :rolleyes

I understand what you're saying but until you have concrete evidence to suggest otherwise, you're fighting opinion with opinion :rolleyes

If a government was going to unleash a virus, Ebola is pretty much the last one they'd turn to. The speed at which it burns out makes it a terribly ineffective weapon of mass destruction.

There are people on NT right now that seriously believe this outbreak was caused by the government
mean.gif

I understand what you're saying but until you have concrete evidence to suggest otherwise, you're fighting opinion with opinion
eyes.gif
What evidence is there to suggest that humans are capable of engineering a virus with the complexity of ebola? 

I love how people can say off the wall things, and then go "well we don't know either way" or "you're just fighting opinion with opinion" like that makes their point anymore valid.

Why not just say "I don't know what I'm talking about, but I think __________________."?

It would make alot more sense and be alot more accurate if you did so.

I love how people can say off the wall things, and then go "well we don't know either way" or "you're just fighting opinion with opinion" like that makes their point anymore valid.

Why not just say "I don't know what I'm talking about, but I think __________________."?

Yeah, but that's, like, your opinion, man.

Yeah, but that's, like, your opinion, man.

Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy **** with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your *** and pull the ******* trigger 'til it goes "click."

Nobody ***** with the Jesus.

Dude said all of Africa when the problem is only in parts of west Africa. Are you that ignorant about the size of the continent of Africa?

It's been following this very lightly. Didn't read the articles posted yet so I'm not sure of it covered this: there was a patient tested positive and the fam came in and took him/her out the hospital
eek.gif
eek.gif

frown.gif

i was watching a doc on VICE about people in Guinea eating monkey meat and jungle rats, two of the main sources of the Ebola virus. Yet they still dont believe the research that was founded. so they continue to eat the wild meat. trippy stuff man.
here it is...

tired.gif
 It's tough. If more people get infected, I think then they will stop eating it. Until then......
Go away 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
man, if I catch this I'm making one final post thanking NT for the lulz and a goodbye note and putting one in my head.

I saw a documentary one time about how there was an outbreak of a virus like this in London and a bunch of people were infected and became very violent and killed a bunch of people.

mannnn... this is why i can't really mess with Vice. that sensationalism is attractive to the West, but they stay clownin' on black and brown folks for the sake of hits.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...experimental-serum-American-colleague-it.html

so the american doctor passed on the serum that wouldve helped him get better because there wasnt enough and said give it to the nurse
frown.gif
Truly a credit and an example to the entire medical profession.  This guy chose to forego hundreds of thousands of dollars to practice medicine in the United States and instead is in a foreign land fighting a devastating and powerful virus with no cure and 90% mortality rate for its victims.  As a physician myself I have the highest respect for this man, especially now that I have read that he chose to give the nurse the serum instead of himself.  Pandemics have always scared me more so than any nuclear weapon or threat of world war, simply because if a viral vehicle such as Ebola evolves and develops the capability to be transmissible by respiratory droplets instead of through close contact with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of victims, we are all in for big trouble.  I hope the cdc and physicians at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta can save these 2 heroic volunteers.

Truly a credit and an example to the entire medical profession.  This guy chose to forego hundreds of thousands of dollars to practice medicine in the United States and instead is in a foreign land fighting a devastating and powerful virus with no cure and 90% mortality rate for its victims.  As a physician myself I have the highest respect for this man, especially now that I have read that he chose to give the nurse the serum instead of himself.  Pandemics have always scared me more so than any nuclear weapon or threat of world war, simply because if a viral vehicle such as Ebola evolves and develops the capability to be transmissible by respiratory droplets instead of through close contact with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of victims, we are all in for big trouble.  I hope the cdc and physicians at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta can save these 2 heroic volunteers.
Was his choice to give the serum to the nurse part of the oath you take as a doctor?

Back
Top Bottom