Eddie Huangs "fresh off the boat" ...new abc sitcom

Staying right around 1.7/1.8 in the time slot. Hoping it sticks round because I think the show is getting better each week, not just some gimmicky show. 

The mombs is only 26!!! That's NUTS! If I ever meat her I'm simping and am not going to pull out. Gotta lock her down gorgeous as down.

The mombs is only 26!!! That's NUTS! If I ever meat her I'm simping and am not going to pull out. Gotta lock her down gorgeous as down.

Just marathoned the show and my only nitpick is her fake-*** fob accent :lol:

Hope this show can at least finish an entire season.

Last edited:
watched a couple of episodes. kinda lost interest. did they really need to do the accent. why is the grandma speaking mandarin during conversations while the others speak english to her?

watched a couple of episodes. kinda lost interest. did they really need to do the accent. why is the grandma speaking mandarin during conversations while the others speak english to her?
eyes.gif

why not? 

I don't know, I don't really mind the accent. Not saying it's spot on by any means, but my mom sounded pretty much like Constance in the show when she first started speaking English. It's not far fetched at all, but maybe because I'm used to it. And as for grandma not speaking English, most of our grandparents don't speak a lick of English, or even bothered to learn when they moved to America, so I have no problem with it at all 
laugh.gif

Hope FOB keeps doing these numbers, it could stick around for a while. 

I just blazed through the episodes to catch up a couple of days ago.

One of my favorite shows on tv right now. :nthat:

My bro and I got a sense of nostalgia watching it at times. :nthat:

-Drew

eyes.gif

why not? 
why wouldnt the kids/parents speak mandarin as well? just saying...
My abuela doesn't speak english and besides two of us, none of her grandchildren really speak spanish, although we do understand enough to get by.

So we always speak to her in english and she always responds in spanglish. And I doubt we're the only ones in the world who do that. So it's not that weird.

I watched the first episode. It was hilarious. Although the cast is asian american anybody who's first generation raised in America should understand.

Also I knew Africans and Asians were more similar than most people thought but I didnt know they were THIS similar. :lol:

Last edited:
Y'all should really read his book..

"Around 2004-2005, streetwear boutiques were popping up everywhere. Sh__t was ill 'cause every store repped different brands. I remember when Lemar and Dauley came out with graphics that looked like the 1991 Skybox NBA set with sweathers that had Biggie on 'em saying "spread love it's the brooklyn way." There was Reason which put out my favorite shirt of all time, they flipped the Ramones tee to say Diplomats. Dip set had the mixtape sh__t on smash. Every month there was some new Dipset that you had to cop. Sickamore had this cat Tru-Life that dropped "New York New York" and G-Unit was going hard with The Game on Black Wall Street tapes. It was probably the best time since the mid-nineties to be in New York as a hip hop streetwear-head" (Huang 215).

If you were into hip hop / street wear around 04 - 05, this is dead on. I feel like a good majority of NT can relate to him. Hell, he might've been an NTer also.

the shop I worked at carried this tee and I had lames asking if this was Gnarls Barkley (not even Cee-lo)

I miss 05
This was a super dope time. People that knew back then knew. Hella brands were droppin and the boutiques in NYC were
smokin.gif
. Eddie cool folks he used to go to the barber shop they closed on first ave. 

I have friends who speak english to their parents and their parents speak to them in the native language

i read the book and it was really really good...

Back
Top Bottom