Eddie Huangs "fresh off the boat" ...new abc sitcom

Growing up around Chinese folks, the mannerisms of the parents are so spot-on.

Not surprised that Eddie bashed the producers for watering down the concept. Honestly, he can't eem be mad, though; it was inevitable.

pretty funny, sucks they watered it down though.

Soundtrack is :pimp:

And I can relate to that lunch thing, instead of noodles though it was rice and whatever meat from last night's dinner. I asked for lunchables too, so my parents kept getting the warehouse club size :lol: Got sick of it from eating it everyday that I would just give it away every now and then :x. All that just to fit in. :smh:

Last edited:
George Lopez show will always have a special place in my heart.
said noone ever...

I'm asian and I couldn't stand hearing the terrible fake asian accents. If they are really Chinese, why wouldn't they be speaking Chinese at home. Oh yeah there wouldn't be a show then. Somethings are better left only as books.

watched both episodes.
besides the obviously fake accents, so far, so good.

anyone know if they cleared all the music they use?
that seems like a lot of $$$ for those songs

Last edited:
said noone ever...

I'm asian and I couldn't stand hearing the terrible fake asian accents. If they are really Chinese, why wouldn't they be speaking Chinese at home. Oh yeah there wouldn't be a show then. Somethings are better left only as books.
THIS!

I'm not asian and it bothered me so much I just turned it off.

soundtrack was on point

had a chuckle here and there

but how accurate do you want it to be? it is supposed to be a comedy sitcom after all..

I had the "Buy Me Lunchables over Leftover Dinner for Lunch" argument with my parents as a youngster due to being embarrassed at school as well! :lol:

Meh, it was ok... It had the rough around the edges pilot feel to it. With better writing, this should could be very good.

I love the social aspect of sharing another American story as told by immigrants. This show tells an American story that just isn't being told anywhere on TV.

I think the actors with the not so authentic Chinese accents were born here in the states so they are trying to recreate an accent from their memories.

Let's see how this show develops.

If anyone is interested, check out Eddie's essay for New York magazine. It's a long but a really good read.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/01/eddie-huang-fresh-off-the-boat-abc.html

Not bad.

I like the second episode a bit more than the Pilot.

Jessica was the star of the second episode.
laugh.gif

Constance Wu.
embarassed.gif

Didn't realize she so young.

Will check out a few more episodes.

George Lopez show will always have a special place in my heart.
said noone ever...

I'm Taiwanese and it's not like English isn't spoken at home :lol:

When I was younger it was more English if anything.

Now it's more Mandarin.

I think the actors with the not so authentic Chinese accents were born here in the states so they are trying to recreate an accent from their memories.

Randall Park is Korean too.

I'm not sure if Wu is Taiwanese.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom