EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
The answer to the thread title is still a resounding yes.
To you. 

Which is fine. Steph has been great this season.

But Lebron still has an argument for being the best in the league and it isn't as clear cut as the new popular opinion would have you believe. 

And he's the furthest thing from washed.

Last edited:
The answer to the thread title is still a resounding yes.
exactly. and lebron is worst this year then he was last year. he has over 50000 minutes on him. just watch him play. to any one not living in the past . its easy to see he isnt the best anymore. no need to argue it its not even debatable anymore. 

Last edited:
Incredible logic.

Disregard all the factual ****. Or actual support to back up the claim. 

"Just watch how he plays" 
laugh.gif

The hell does that mean man. People talk Lebron and every bit of logic goes out the window

Because y'all are throwing them in the west and automatically saying that they wouldn't be able to get out. That's a hypothetical.

The reality is that last year the cavs were very good against the west, including the Warriors. So, if we're going by hypotheticals, then a healthy cavs team could have absolutely defeated the warriors in a 7 game series. Hell, they pushed them to 6 without two all stars.
Didn't you just say preparing for a team in June was different than preparing for a team in February.  You can use regular season games when proving your point but I cant?  The fact is, over the last 2 years, the Warriors are 3-1 during the regular season against the Cavs and 4-2 in the postseason against them.  The Warriors are a better team than the Cavs.  There is no hypothetical about that.

You gain Love and lose defense.  You gain Kyrie and lose defense.  The only reason the Cavs were even in those games is because they milked the clock for all it was worth then let Lebron jack up a terrible shot.  You speed up the game with Love and Kyrie then the Cavs get blown out as noted by 3 of the last 4 games when both teams had all their key players.

Didn't you just say preparing for a team in June was different than preparing for a team in February.  You can use regular season games when proving your point but I cant?  The fact is, over the last 2 years, the Warriors are 3-1 during the regular season against the Cavs and 4-2 in the postseason against them.  The Warriors are a better team than the Cavs.  There is no hypothetical about that.

You gain Love and lose defense.  You gain Kyrie and lose defense.  The only reason the Cavs were even in those games is because they milked the clock for all it was worth then let Lebron jack up a terrible shot.  You speed up the game with Love and Kyrie then the Cavs get blown out as noted by 3 of the last 4 games when both teams had all their key players.
Bro. You don't get it.

I'm not even saying The Cavs are better than the Warriors b.

All i'm saying is that there's no guarantee that if the cavs were in the west that they wouldn't come out. Y'all acting like it is.

So if you're going to presume that they wouldn't be able to come out of the west, I'm going to presume that they would. If you're going to use hypotheticals then why can't I? I'm dealing with strictly last season. Last season, the Cavs were pretty good against the Warriors when healthy. There's no guarantee that they would have beat the Warriors if they were healthy, but there's no guarantee that they wouldn't either. 

Watch him play . Eye test beats empty stats all day
#Logic.

You don't even realize they go hand in hand.

Lebron James is shooting 42% from three on almost five attempts per over his last ten. I know this might be too much for you, but what exactly are you watching 
laugh.gif

#OverHisLastTen

Got a stat? I got another stat that will undermine your stat!

STATS FOR DAYS

WOOO

In his last 47 drives to the basket, he dunked on 24% of them and thus is the best dunker over the last 47 drives.

#SitsOnNBA.comAllDay

In 2016 LeBron James isn't the best basketball player in the world anymore

Post anything you want, **** don't eem matter.

The Cavs play in the east. Fact.

The Warriors play in the West. Fact.

Lebron James is averaging right now 25 7 and 6 on over 50%. Fact.

Lebron James is 2-4 in the finals (because that probably would have been your next retort) fact.

The cavs either split or swept season series with the top 5 west teams last year. That is a fact.

All this talk about what the cavs would do in the west is all hypotheticals. 

Bro. You don't get it.

I'm not even saying The Cavs are better than the Warriors b.

All i'm saying is that there's no guarantee that if the cavs were in the west that they wouldn't come out. Y'all acting like it is.
You don't understand how this whole "conference" business works, do you?  I'll give you a clue.  If the Warriors and the Cavs are in the same conference, then only one of those teams came make the finals.  If, by your own admission, you do not think the Cavs were better than the Warriors, then the Cavs cannot make the finals.

You act like this Cavs team was a force when they were healthy.  They struggled against a Celtics team that was below .500 in round one.  Its not like they were blowing teams out when Love was healthy.  

Its not like they didn't just lose by 36 at home with a healthy team to the Warriors on their own god damn court.

Last edited:

The Cavs play in the east. Fact.

The Warriors play in the West. Fact.

Lebron James is averaging right now 25 7 and 6 on over 50%. Fact.

Lebron James is 2-4 in the finals (because that probably would have been your next retort) fact.

The cavs either split or swept season series with the top 5 west teams last year. That is a fact.

All this talk about what the cavs would do in the west is all hypotheticals. 
Except for the fact that the Cavs played the Warriors in the finals and lost.  Conveniently left out.

#OverHisLastTen

Got a stat? I got another stat that will undermine your stat!

STATS FOR DAYS

WOOO

In his last 47 drives to the basket, he dunked on 24% of them and thus is the best dunker over the last 47 drives.

#SitsOnNBA.comAllDay

In 2016 LeBron James isn't the best basketball player in the world anymore

Post anything you want, **** don't eem matter.
Facts

In the two games they have played this season, the Warriors have beaten the Cavs by a combined 40 points.
Bro, where have you saw me say ANYTHING regarding the cavaliers potency against the Warriors this season? 

And even then, Kyrie had been back for like 2, or 3 games or so before Christmas day. They got their ***** waxed a few days ago. 

In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't mean much. Too small of a sample size. Using this season to come to conclusions about last season is a fallacy within itself.

Bro, where have you saw me say ANYTHING regarding the cavaliers potency against the Warriors this season? 

And even then, Kyrie had been back for like 2, or 3 games or so before Christmas day. They got their ***** waxed a few days ago. 

In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't mean much. Too small of a sample size. Using this season to come to conclusions about last season is a fallacy within itself.
So I want to make sure we have this right.  We can't use this season's 0-2 record to conclude that the Warriors were better than the Cavs six months ago when neither teams really changed at all.  We can't use the finals last year because the Cavs weren't "healthy".  But instead we have to use the regular season from last year when they split the series 1-1 to conclude that the Cavs would have beat the Warriors if the Cavs were in the West despite the fact that the Warriors beat the Cavs in the playoffs.  Lets throw out the 6-2 record the Warriors had against the Cavs because it doesn't fit my argument.

Yes, it is everyone else's logic that doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom