EL CHAPO escapes from prison

Mexico is one of the worst places for the press, especially when covering cartel dealings and incidences...

why would Chapo sit down in front of a camera crew, if he didn't want his story heard?
[h1]Sean Penn Under Investigation for ‘El Chapo’ Interview, ABC SayS[/h1]
Janet Ong 

January 9, 2016 — 11:33 PM EST

Actor Sean Penn is under investigation for a Rolling Stone magazine interview with drug kingpin Joaquin Guzman, ABC News reported, citing unidentified people in the Mexican government.

Kate del Castillo, the Mexican actress whom Penn says helped arrange the meeting, is also being investigated, the report says. The U.S. Department of Justice declined to comment on the Rolling Stone story and whether the interview  led to Guzman’s recapture by Mexican authorities on Friday, ABC says.

Penn spoke with Guzman, known as “El Chapo,” for seven hours in October while he was on the run from the authorities, and had follow-up interviews by phone and video, the Rolling Stone said.

Guzman told Penn in a video recording he had tried drugs but isn’t a drug addict and hadn’t taken any drugs in the last 20 years, the report says. He started to grow and sell marijuana and poppies at the age of 15 to survive, he said, according to the report

Guzman was first caught in Guatemala in 1993 and extradited to Mexico. He escaped from a high-security prison in Jalisco state in 2001.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...investigation-for-el-chapo-interview-abc-says

Last edited:
Dude legit is living a life straight of a hollywood gangster flick :lol:.

Random conspiracy question,what are the odds that Penn teamed up with the alphabet boys under the guise of a RS interview? :nerd:

whether penn was working with the authorities or not, he led them to chapo. cartels kill for much lesser offense

Chapo agreed to meet up with Penn though.
You dudes jumpin to conclusions.

We don't know if Penn gave info to authorities or if they were simply able to get more info because of all the contact that Chapo was making with the outside world.

If Chapo escapes whatever American max security prison he's headed to (likely ADX Florence), then it'd be official.

G.O.A.T. status. :lol:

some ppl just live extraordinary lives b.
nik cage copping ancient extinct artifacts. penn having meet ups wit wanted drug overloads. ****, i thought I was on the cutting edge by wearing non matchin sox

But I thought the original reports stated they weren't looking for him there, he just happened to be there? The were actually looking for his right hand man Ivan

"As news emerged of the peculiar series of events that led to El Chapo's capture, Twitter was ablaze with one question: Is Sean Penn a CIA spy?

The actor met with the world's most wanted drug lord in the jungle to ask him a handful of Hollywood-worthy questions such as 'do you dream?' and 'how would you define yourself?'

And then just hours after the Sinaloa cartel leader was detained by Mexican marines, the Rolling Stone published a lyrical 10,000-word account of their meeting.
Supposedly the entire 'clandestine horror show' - as Penn put it - was part of a research project to develop a Netflix-style drama about Guzmán and his prison break.

Though Penn insists he went to extreme lengths to hide the meeting from authorities, the details have sparked widespread speculation that he was in fact tapped by the CIA to locate the fugitive criminal - just as screenwriters were enlisted to make Argo to free US hostages in Iran in 1979."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vernment-plot-capture-fugitive-drug-lord.html

View media item 1863504

I just don't see how this dude is contacted by Sean Penn but you have an entire government after his *** and they can't locate him.

Sean Penn .... brought down El Chapo

Could Penn serve jail time for doing this? Its like being a US citizen and going to holler at Bin Laden on the low and then coming back like nothing happened I assume? Or would this fall under Journalistic freedom or something?

I saw on a tech site they used BBM to communicate at first. Should of had an iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom