ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

siren.gif

HILLARY OPEN TO VEEP SLOT

WASHINGTON (AP) - Hillary Rodham Clinton has told congressional colleagues she would be open to becoming Barack Obama's vice presidential nominee, saying she would consider it if it would help Democrats win the White House.
Clinton, a New York senator, made the comment on a conference call with other New York lawmakers Tuesday, according a participant on the call.

The senator's remarks came in response to a question from Democratic Rep. Nydia Velazquez who said she believed the best way for Obama to win over key voting blocs, including Hispanics, would be for him to choose Clinton as his running mate.

"I am open to it," Clinton replied, if it would help the party's prospects in November.

smh.gif
No No No, Pick Edwards
My prediction is still that it will be Edwards.

siren.gif

WASHINGTON (AP) - Hillary Rodham Clinton has told congressional colleagues she would be open to becoming Barack Obama's vice presidential nominee, saying she would consider it if it would help Democrats win the White House.
Clinton, a New York senator, made the comment on a conference call with other New York lawmakers Tuesday, according a participant on the call.

The senator's remarks came in response to a question from Democratic Rep. Nydia Velazquez who said she believed the best way for Obama to win over key voting blocs, including Hispanics, would be for him to choose Clinton as his running mate.

"I am open to it," Clinton replied, if it would help the party's prospects in November.

smh.gif
No No No, Pick Edwards

No it won't. Edwards couldn't win his own state last time around. What good does he bring for the Democrats?

Originally Posted by datfliguy

This is why i hate NikeTalk sometimes, a bunch of black activist. Im happy Obama won the primaries, we do need a change, but i bet if the man wasn't African American this post wouldn't exist, and Im pretty sure he wouldn't have made it pass Clinton. It's ironic that he's made it this far based on his skin color.
And yea this site is filled with a bunch of "mods" who are eager to lock all these threads that recognizes some of the flaws African Americans have.
- There was that thread about how a black model looked so ugly among the fair skinned and long haired ones.
- There was the thread that was locked a couple minutes ago about Black Women and their flaws.
And much much more.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Except for the fact that the person who made this thread.... ME.... is a CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN who voted for BUSH in 2004
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

mccain08.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

siren.gif

smh.gif
No No No, Pick Edwards

No it won't. Edwards couldn't win his own state last time around. What good does he bring for the Democrats?

Plenty of people like Edwards still and Obama seems to like him? I don't know. They did meet at his house earlier in the campaign afterEdwards already dropped out.
Who knows what was said there
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I don't know... we'll see what happens.

Personally as a conservative Repbulican I just hope it's not Clinton
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Obama/Clinton scares me a little bit. Only good this is that it would energize the conservative base.... those 2 together on 1 ticket?! Why WOULDN'T youwant to beat that.

It will not be Edwards. He can't even bring his own state. Maybe Richardson but I doubt it. And as if now I'm firmly against having Hillary on theticket. Not because I hate her but because I think it is a big risk. All her supporters and surrogates love talking about bringing the two candidates and theirpositives together for the dream ticket but completely neglect that their negatives will also be brought together. Not only will you have the Republicanswiftboaters trying to paint Obama as unamerican but then you will have EVERY SINGLE SCANDAL from 2000 until now about the Clinton's being brought up andquestioned. Just as Rev. Wright completely overshadowed everything else going on, I can def see Hillary and Bill's scandlas overshadowing the issues likethe war and the economy and then people voting based on negative campaigns instead of the issues which the Dems can win on.

I think Obama should choose Jim Webb. First I don't think a few lunatic older white women should decide who Obama picks. I also think that the hatred ofHillary supporters is overstated and that most will vote for Obama. Even the women. What I'm most concerned with are the uneducated white voters who havehad a tendency to shift to the Republicans in past elections. This is what I think Obama most needs to focus on and I think Jim Webb can bring them to himwithout all the scandals of Hillary and Bill. He's a former republican and intimately knows these people and where they live. He's even written a bookon it. In addition he has foreign policy credentials, maybe even more than Mc.Cain. He has won purple hearts in addition to other medals and his G.I. Bill wasalso recently passed. Hillary doesn't have that type of foreign policy experience he needs. As of now I think Obama can wrestle away the war issue fromMc.Cain and with Webb it makes it much easier. Without the war issue the republicans have nothing but negative smears to fall back on and that tactic hasalready proven to be fruitless.

As for Hillary I think she needs to show up with Obama in places like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, etc, maybe Edwards also and vouch for him. She needs topraise him and watch that she doesn't say anything dumb. That should be her role while Obama and Webb do most of the fighting. I think in that way she canhelp bring her women over without directly affecting Obama's chances with her negatives.

Other possibilities maybe Governor Strickland, General Clarke, or even Chuck Hagel. Until I see polls stating that Obama and Hillary can win a state likeFlorida together I don't think he should choose her.

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

GORDON GARTRELLE wrote:

The Democratic Party is a mess.

laugh.gif
I'm just interested to see the fall out of
Clinton losing.... how many Clinton supporters (what %) won't vote for Obama. That's goign to be the key thing.

Well, the way I'm thinking is that by the time November rolls around, a solid 5 + months from now, those currently angry will have settled down and come to their senses and
will still vote democrat.

But until then, I think what has to happen is that Obama AND Clinton need to be out campaigning for the Democractic party. He needs to go out and speak to those who are pissed
and talking about voting for Mccain, mainly women. Together they need to help unify the party.

you also need to consider what the political climate will be like a solid five months from now after the entire load of dirt on obama is unleashed in themedia frenzy. that cant be discounted. obama is an unknown quantity, and what is know that is slipping out isnt exactly sparkling. it will definitely beinteresting.

Originally Posted by NYVictory45

First I don't think a few lunatic older white women should decide who Obama picks.

thats naive and slightly idiotic considering clinton and obama virtually split the democratic popular vote. she probably has as many lunatic white womensupporting her as obama has lunatic black people supporting him. seriously, where do some of you get the information that formulates thoughts like these?

I believe Obama is going to pick Jim Webb for many of the reasons mentioned. Bill Richardson is also a possibility but a small one. If Obama were crazy enoughto pick Edwards, he might as well give the presidency to McCain.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

siren.gif

smh.gif
No No No, Pick Edwards

Plenty of people like Edwards still and Obama seems to like him? I don't know. They did meet at his house earlier in the campaign after Edwards already dropped out.
Who knows what was said there
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I don't know... we'll see what happens.

Personally as a conservative Repbulican I just hope it's not Clinton
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Obama/Clinton scares me a little bit. Only good this is that it would energize the conservative base.... those 2 together on 1 ticket?! Why WOULDN'T you want to beat that.

Republicans have more ammo to shoot at Clinton than they do at Obama, I think Republicans would do their best not to see another Clinton, includingbringing Bill back to the office too

ok enough with the damn, "Thats not change we can believe in"

man i cant stand watching this guy, i feel like im dying (no lil wayne)

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

omg the mccain speech is like tuesday night bingo at a retirement home.

I was just thinking that.
laugh.gif

The crowd sounds so old and tired.

By the way, I hate how McCain talks. His voice sounds so fake.

Back
Top Bottom