Elementary School Shooting: Newtown, Connecticut. 28 confirmed dead, 18 were children

there's a REASON obama said nothing about guns in his speech during da CT funeral

Yeah, it's called tact. You should try it.

I'm sayin' though!  

I would like to think that ninja was just so wrapped up in his pro-gun stance that he just overlooked the possibility of President Obama having a little bit of common sense while speaking at the vigil of 27 people who got killed about 48 hours earlier.  But naw--dude is just really that dumb.  Obama should've made their vigil all about politics according to ninja.  

-_-

Im not naive b, there's a time & place for everything.

There's also something called criminals dont care about laws..restrictions only affect law

Abiding citizens. There's over 3 million & counting AR 15 in da US, over 200 million hand guns

& counting... ya folks bringing up Australia & China arent highlighting da fact that da US has guns sewn into our countries fabric da way

Da right to vote, da right to organization, da right to freedom of speech is & people are VERY passionate about those laws.

Are you really this dense bro? More laws won't "discourage the intent to kill," but that's not the point. The point is that steps can be taken to hinder the ability of those with intent to commit mass murder from being able to do so so easily. As it stands now in this country, the desire to commit mass murder essentially equates to the ability to do so given the prevalence and availability of firearms. As evidenced by the events in China, the intent to commit mass murder does not inherently equate to the ability to do so. You're completely ignoring the vast difference in the outcomes of these two situations when this difference couldn't be more clear and of more importance...

More gun laws will make it harder to go on to Google and search "homemade bombs" to blow up an entire school? What next making it harder to find the individual products it takes to do so, right?

Please enlighten us all on the number of people that have been killed in the United States over the last decade with homemade bombs as compared to firearms. Don't worry, I'll wait...

Some people play the "slippery slope" card too far.

No. I just don't understand why people think that mass killings will be ended with the regulation of guns. 3,000 people died on 9/11 when assault rifles were already banned. What excuse do ya'll have now?

It's not about ending mass murders completely as that will probably never happen. It's about taking steps to reduce their likelihood and people's ability to carry them out at with unbelievable ease. How is this so hard to understand?

Last edited:
So more gun laws would've prevented Timothy McVeigh? Muhammad Atta or any of the alleged 9/11 conspirators?

I think he was pertaining to strictly firearms. Sure, potential bombings and such will still be a threat, but stricter gun laws can diminish the possibility of such heinous acts. The kid apparently took the firearms from his mother, when to his school and shot up innocent kids. The possibility of that happening could have been significantly less by tightening up the gun laws.

Although "Amurrca" has a right for it's citizens to bear arms, but there has to be a strict requirement in order to do so. As far as I know, I can't think of any mass murders in Canada from troubled, mentally ill kids shooting up schools or theaters. A huge part of that is the gun laws in our country. I know some people say it won't totally work, but no law really does. It does what it can. Criminals will get access to guns regardless, but this isn't the case here.

Too many times, it's not big time criminals or gangsters that commit these serious acts. They are criminals after the fact. Columbine, The Dark Knight shooter, Virginia Tech and NewTown all involve troubled and mentally unstable individuals who pack the heat that are taken from people who are simply allowed to keep guns in the house. Eliminating such easy access to firearms might create a stronger barrier from these kinds of people wanting a gun to off a bunch of students and then themselves. With stricter gun laws, depending on the individual and the lack of effort and planning that most of these kids go through to commit a mass murder (steal a gun, buy from some shmo who shouldn't have one in the first place, show up with a gun, shoot people and then themselves immediately after), I highly doubt they would actually go through a screening process, interviews (spouse, family, yourself), licensing to carry a non-restricted fire arm (18" barrel or longer) and another process to get licensing to get a pistol (even more stringent), training and exams, and THEN go to a school and shoot people up.

There shouldn't be a ban on firearms, but it should take more than iD and a background check to purchase a firearm.

Last edited:
Please enlighten us all on the number of people that have been killed in the United States over the last decade with homemade bombs as compared to firearms. Don't worry, I'll wait...

I was just using "homemade bombs" as an example of a motivated persons intent to kill even without the use of a firearm. Using statistics can be deceiving considering that US has more firearms per capita than any country in the world and how the firearm was attained. Because if the guns were stolen, illegally attained like in this case, no gun law would've prevented that from happening. Or even if we had an all out ban, the weapon still could be attained illegally.

Using your logic, the US has a terrible history of prohibition and the regulation thereof, and look how that has worked out.

Last edited:

I was just using "homemade bombs" as an example of a motivated persons intent to kill even without the use of a firearm. Using statistics can be deceiving considering that US has more firearms per capita than any country in the world and how the firearm was attained. Because if the guns were stolen, illegally attained like in this case, no gun law would've prevented that from happening. Or even if we had an all out ban, the weapon still could be attained illegally.

Using your logic, the US has a terrible history of prohibition and the regulation thereof, and look how that has worked out.

In 2009, of the 13,636 homicides that occurred in the United States, 9,146 were committed with a firearm. More than two out of every three homicides. You know how many were committed with explosives? Two. Not 2%, two total. Or .01%. So much for your bomb "argument."

Or wait, are you saying that if guns weren't available to the people who killed those 9,146 people using guns that each and every one of those homicides would still have occurred, the only difference is that people would have used different means for doing so? Like making homemade bombs and throwing them at people? Please tell me that's not what you're arguing...

there's a REASON obama said nothing about guns in his speech during da CT funeral, absolutely politically impossbile to pass, and a proven loser for democrats.

You have alot to learn ninjahood, alot indeed champ.

Button it sir, bleeding libs on da left were DYING to hear him rally against

Guns right then & there. We're on da net.. i read posts from everywhere.

It's pretty freaking baffling to me why people keep bringing up 9/11 used no guns.

Any moron can snap, grab a gun and go shoot innocent folk.

Not any fool can jump a captain, and fly a plane into a building.

# of times a person has stolen a plane, and flown it into a populated building?

# of times a person has grabbed a gun and shot up innocents?

Which number is higher folks?

The end.

Stop bringing up 9/11, is has ZERO basis on anything gun related.

Button it sir, bleeding libs on da left were DYING to hear him rally against
Guns right then & there.

What does that have to do with what the President didn't do? Nothing at all. So, according to your convoluted logic, the President would have spoken out about guns (at a vigil nonetheless), jettisoning any class or tact, had passing such laws not been 'impossible' or 'losers for the democrats' in order to appease those calling for him to rally against guns? YOU ARE DELUSIONAL.

Last edited:
there's a REASON obama said nothing about guns in his speech during da CT funeral, absolutely politically impossbile to pass, and a proven loser for democrats.

What does the phrase "time and place" mean to you? C'mon, man. :smh:

It's pretty freaking baffling to me why people keep bringing up 9/11 used no guns.
Any moron can snap, grab a gun and go shoot innocent folk.
Not any fool can jump a captain, and fly a plane into a building.
# of times a person has stolen a plane, and flown it into a populated building?
# of times a person has grabbed a gun and shot up innocents?
Which number is higher folks?
The end.
Stop bringing up 9/11, is has ZERO basis on anything gun related.

Man stop using all that logic you know that ain't got no place on NT

Putting limits on certain firearms would make them DIFFICULT to attain. Impossible? Probably not. But if we eliminate our ability to legally purchase these military style weapons, it will likely lower our chances of finding them illegally[/U (even more so if law enforcement takes a proactive approach]. This in turn decreases the chances of an individual getting his/her hands on one, especially those individuals in the "school shooter" demographic.

Someone above me mentioned prohibition. Do you think alcohol was as accessible in the 1920's as it is now with liquor store on every corner?

Of course if we take military style rifles from the general public, illegal operations will inevitably result. But why not add in the "deterrent" factor by placing bans. At least make SOME people think twice. That right there is worth it.

What does the phrase "time and place" mean to you? C'mon, man. :smh:

According to Ninjahood's own words, the reason he didn't make a mockery of the vigil is because the President knew that passing such legislation would be 'impossible.' It had absolutely nothing to do with a 'time and place.'

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And this concludes today's installment of Ninjahood Makes You Feel Better About Yourself Because You Are Nothing Like Ninjahood[emoji]169[/emoji]. Tune in tomorrow for more self-esteem boosting statements by Ninjahood that will not only leave you shaking your head, but will also make you feel grateful that you don't know anyone like Ninjahood
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
An official told the New York Times that a computer taken from Adam Lanza’s house may be too badly damage to get any information from it.

FBI computer forensics techs, along with the state forensic laboratory have been part of the recovery of data from the computer, the Times reported.

“It looked like he took steps to damage it, he smashed it, it was smashed,” the official told the Times. “It was the computer he was using. It was the hard drive and it was damaged to the point that we took a look at it and couldn’t get anything off it.”

http://blog.ctnews.com/newtownshooting/2012/12/17/report-computer-data-may-not-be-recoverable/

threats are already starting, i guess some kid at a local high school told people he was gonna help the devil and shoot everyone this week.

:smh:

this is absolutely heart breaking. 
frown.gif
 my heart goes out to all the children and their families, especially during this time of year.

as for the killer, i hope he's where he deserves to be. 
mean.gif

According to Ninjahood's own words, the reason he didn't make a mockery of the vigil is because the President knew that passing such legislation would be 'impossible.' It had absolutely nothing to do with a 'time and place.'

Regardless of the time and place, do you honestly think that the White House will pass a stricter gun control bill especially with a Republican led House? Think about it.. less than 2 years ago a Congresswomen (Gifford) was shot in the head by one of these gun trotting mad men and what gun control laws were passed after that?

How many?

ZERO!

The only noise came from all that was a bill INTRODUCED by Rep Peter King that was 'dismissed' by the GOP.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...-peter-king-gun-control-bill-article-1.153906

Get a clue folks.. the gun culture here is not going anywhere. Sure the Govt may pass some minimal regulation law just to appease the public but for the most part NOTHING will change.

Last edited:
threats are already starting, i guess some kid at a local high school told people he was gonna help the devil and shoot everyone this week.

:smh:

Blame it on the media. They turn these shootings and mass deaths into a Movie of the Week, Kids want to be remembered and some see this type of behavior as a means. Sad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom