Eminem on Over and Beamer Benz...put your thiZz face on

Originally Posted by philly5fan

How one can possibly call this overrated is crazy

Dude murked this joint!!!

This is what I am saying.  I am the first person to criticize Em.  I hated relapse....A LOT.   But if you think this is weak then something is wrong with you.  This is one of the best verses he has put together in the last 2 years. 

PS Royce >Em where is Bar Exam 3

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

BTW, how many of you all liked Relapse? Oh yeah, I'll wait. NT RIPPED that album apart.
This is post-Relapse though.

His verses on appearances within the last year (Forever, Psycho, Drop the World and Airplanes (Part II)) have been pretty good. Now here is this Despicable freestyle. If this is any indication of how Recovery will sound, we should be in for a damn good album from Em. 

His flow sounded way better over Beamer Benz.

Like, obviously Em is supremely talented and his flow might be second to none but sometimes I don't like the way he applies it.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Overrated. All this yelling and not saying anything. Whatever. I'm beginning to like Em less and less. You're one of the most successful rappers ever and all you still want to talk about is about angst. Even LinkinPark grew up...

OLO u mad?
Son ripped this. This is pure freestyle.
Had he had wrote this on his BB maybe it'd be different.
maybe if dude stopped using aggression to mask his talent i'd feel differently.

BTW, how many of you all liked Relapse? Oh yeah, I'll wait. NT RIPPED that album apart.
I loved Relapse, don't care what NT says either. Album was beyond dope

Originally Posted by Proshares

FinesseSosa wrote:

all19mjs wrote:

fab beamer benz bently over em's IMO
cosign. i can actually listen to his. This sounds like a whole bunch of yelling.

+1 and I'd love to hear Royce or Budden over BBB.

laugh.gif
$%$+ u been? Damn near all of Slaughterhouse went in on that beat.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by Proshares

FinesseSosa wrote:

all19mjs wrote:

fab beamer benz bently over em's IMO
cosign. i can actually listen to his. This sounds like a whole bunch of yelling.

+1 and I'd love to hear Royce or Budden over BBB.

laugh.gif
$%$+ u been? Damn near all of Slaughterhouse went in on that beat.
Slaugtherhouse MEGA mix lol.  Crooked goes hard.  That mix is in heavy rotation for me

This dude is at the top of his game. He got that fire back. Dare I said even better than the MMLP days.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Overrated. All this yelling and not saying anything. Whatever. I'm beginning to like Em less and less. You're one of the most successful rappers ever and all you still want to talk about is about angst. Even LinkinPark grew up...

roll.gif
Dudes just mad Em completely ripped his boyfriend's beat apart.

Made Drake look like a %%$+% he is.

And for the record, why are people laughing at Royce being mentioned?

Dude is insanely good and underrated, dunno if I'd put him over Em but it's not laughable.

ain't no way that Fab killed it more than Em... all fab talks about his "swag" ain't nobody wanna hear about it...

I'd rather him get aggressive and flow sick like this than all that cartoon voice crap he does talking about raping and killing and nonsense. This is what Recovery should be.

You know what? maybe I just have grown out of liking Eminem. I connected with him more when I was younger until I realized that all the talk about violence and just utter disregard isn't just my lane anymore. Em is talented no doubt. He occasionally tells great stories. This wasn't one of them though. To me it seems like its all a big joke. Its really hard to take seriously sometimes. Especially when I know its just entertainment. That weird thing he keeps doing with his voice in addition to just yelling all the time about nothing just loses me now. I know rap is a bragging sport and everyone wants to sound like they'll do this and that but I'm just not feeling it. I don't know why. Maybe its because all of my favorite artists have evolved. Em is stuck in 2002 or something. Everyone won't like everything but this just isn't it. I think people give passes to artists just when they hear from them again, not because its necessarily that great. I'll be the first to say I don't like something that an artist puts out even if I like them that much. Comparing it to something like "drake did that or this is that why you don't like it?" is corny. Don't be over here jocking my opinion on something thats just as underwhelming.

You know what? maybe I just have grown out of liking Eminem. I connected with him more when I was younger until I realized that all the talk about violence and just utter disregard isn't just my lane anymore. Em is talented no doubt. He occasionally tells great stories. This wasn't one of them though. To me it seems like its all a big joke. Its really hard to take seriously sometimes. Especially when I know its just entertainment. That weird thing he keeps doing with his voice in addition to just yelling all the time about nothing just loses me now. I know rap is a bragging sport and everyone wants to sound like they'll do this and that but I'm just not feeling it. I don't know why. Maybe its because all of my favorite artists have evolved. Em is stuck in 2002 or something. Everyone won't like everything but this just isn't it. I think people give passes to artists just when they hear from them again, not because its necessarily that great. I'll be the first to say I don't like something that an artist puts out even if I like them that much. Comparing it to something like "drake did that or this is that why you don't like it?" is corny. Don't be over here jocking my opinion on something thats just as underwhelming.

In your last post you said something along the lines of Eminem is saying nothing. What are YOU saying, though?

Pardon me, I had to laugh at that.

Originally Posted by jc619er

I'd rather him get aggressive and flow sick like this than all that cartoon voice crap he does talking about raping and killing and nonsense. This is what Recovery should be.

Completely agree.

I wish he would just put out a mixtape and just show off lyrically on other popular beats

Linkin park was much better before they "grew up"

so u sayin thar Eminem hasn't evolved?? the new freestyle has just showed how much he has evolved....

Back
Top Bottom