engagement /marriage thread.

You can't seriously be this socially disconnected...how do you NOT know that at a baby shower you gift things related to the baby :rofl:

You can't seriously be this socially disconnected...how do you NOT know that at a baby shower you gift things related to the baby :rofl:

Reminds me of my homie that hasn't really grown up. He had a dinner party with his coworkers and boss and he asked me if it was cool if he bought a bottle of Henny. I don't think dude has ever bought a bottle of wine in his life. Haha.

:lol:   Oh yea, I guess.

Pampers or something/
registry is the best but you can't go wrong with diapers unless the family will be using cloth diapers with inserts. if you get diapers, don't buy newborn, buy size 1 or you can have someone make a fancy diaper cake. the diaper cake is kind of a pita to take apart and organize but some people like that crap.

View media item 1759794
View media item 1759795

Just went to Target. Didn't see any Baby Shower cards. Do they even exist?But yea man, nobody in my direct circle has kids. I didn't know men went to baby showers until someone on NT said Hispanic men do. Funny that the father is Puerto Rican.

^^^^In this day in age, there is a card for getting divorced now. But yes, there are cards at any grocery store. Just get them a Amazon gift card. That should be fine.

I'm not super close with her parents so I dont know how to go about getting their blessing. They know me well enough to know Im a good guy who treats their daughter right

Yeah just don't ask, just tell them first what your intentions are, you are not really asking for permission to be honest...because what if dad says "no" :lol:

Awkward..

So how does the registry work. Is it like a wish list from the parents? So I go to the store website and buy the item for them and they pick it up?

Do I still need to bring something with me to the shower if I buy them something from the registry? ?

So how does the registry work. Is it like a wish list from the parents? So I go to the store website and buy the item for them and they pick it up?

Do I still need to bring something with me to the shower if I buy them something from the registry? ?

why don't you buy something from the registry in person and take it with you?

why don't you buy something from the registry in person and take it with you?
Well I was just told about the party yesterday at work and I have Rock Climbing at 12 and the event is at 2.

Plus, I never dealt with all of that before and didn't know what you proposed was even an option.

I might just buy a gift card to Amazon or something man. I hate gift giving. The process of it all.

Well I was just told about the party yesterday at work and I have Rock Climbing at 12 and the event is at 2.

Plus, I never dealt with all of that before and didn't know what you proposed was even an option.

I might just buy a gift card to Amazon or something man. I hate gift giving. The process of it all.

They didn't give you any heads up, I'd kindly decline the invite...obviously you weren't high on their priority list or else you would have been known about this.

Well they sent an email out 2 weeks ago but I never opened it up. So it was my fault. He just reminded me at work yesterday.

I bought them a Bed Bath and Body Works $40 card.

Just got a wedding invite from a close homie

What gifts do y'all recommend? Cash?

This dude i know celebrates his girls bday for a month. Not just the weekend, every weekend and a few days a week. Caters to her, wouldnt be surprised if he manicures her toes for her himself.

And brags about how he does everything around the house and she doesnt have to do anything cause thats his queen.

Hes not saying he helps, hes saying he does it all whike she sits on the couch. Everyday. 365 days a year.

Thats some bigger then some staright simp **** and beyond necessary. How can a woman even let a man do that?

This dude i know celebrates his girls bday for a month. Not just the weekend, every weekend and a few days a week. Caters to her, wouldnt be surprised if he manicures her toes for her himself.

And brags about how he does everything around the house and she doesnt have to do anything cause thats his queen.

Hes not saying he helps, hes saying he does it all whike she sits on the couch. Everyday. 365 days a year.

Thats some bigger then some staright simp **** and beyond necessary. How can a woman even let a man do that?

Simp of the year. And he’s going to be a simp for life

Just got a wedding invite from a close homie

What gifts do y'all recommend? Cash?

I was about to ask the same thing. My homie from HS getting married this weekend too. Luckily they have a registry so I'll just cop them something off there. Even though I paid for a new suit, booked a hotel etc, I still feel the need to cop something for them, it's mad rude to come to a wedding empty handed.

It's gonna crush him when he finds out how she caters to her side dude the same way

It's gonna crush him when he finds out how she caters to her side dude the same way

She had a side ***** from the day he got locked up untill the afternoon they let him out months later.

I think that **** did the opposite for him and turned him on.

I swear my parents hate the idea of destination weddings. They are that old fashion asian couple that isn't about that life in paying to fly out to see someone get married. They aren't even going to my cousin's wedding and it's in Missouri. Haha.

20K is a good price but just hard to tell your loved once to pay for airfare and hotel.

Destination weddings are a good way to save money for the bride and groom--in theory. But it does place a burden on friends and family. I've been invited to a few. All are like 1500/ea for guests. I imagine some of that money helps to pay the bride and groom's cost. This might sound bad, but I've heard that it is better suited for a second marriage or a wedding where you don't want a lot of friends and family to show.

Did not know this thread existed.

Proposing to my gf in 2 months.. been planning this since June of last year. I’m going all out on the proposal, got the ring in a vault at the jewelry store waiting for me to take whenever. It came out amazing.

I asked her grandparents for their blessing to marry her and got positive responses. Meeting with her dad tomorrow morning to do the same thing. Wish me luck.

Going to be a wild couple of months ahead.

Did not know this thread existed.
Proposing to my gf in 2 months.. been planning this since June of last year. I’m going all out on the proposal, got the ring in a vault at the jewelry store waiting for me to take whenever. It came out amazing.
I asked her grandparents for their blessing to marry her and got positive responses. Meeting with her dad tomorrow morning to do the same thing. Wish luck.
Going to be a wild couple of months ahead.

How are you proposing? We're currently looking at engagement rings, just to see what kind of cut she likes, but in the end, im getting it custom made to what she likes so it's a ring she hasn't seen before. she knows this.

i'm having trouble thinking about a way to propose though lol. She loves disney, and obviously I've thought it doing it at disneyland, but i dont know, it's such a popular place to do it.

Her grandma’s backyard in Anaheim looks over all of LA. On a clear day you can see Disneyland, the beach, and Angel stadium from the backyard. This house has been in her family since she’s been alive, but her grandma is selling it this year to retire and move. I’ll be proposing there.

I’m setting up some lights and rose pedals in the backyard, a projector screen for her to play a video of pictures of our relationship thus far that I’ve made.. and when she’s done she’ll turn around and I’ll be proposing.

My dad coming down from Washington, her whole family will be there. Got a photographer coming (he’s on NT too :pimp: ) and gonna pop some bottles after and go out for dinner to celebrate.

All of the above is 100% a surprise. She has no idea I got a ring.

My girl always talking about a ring. Weve pretty much been together for like 3 years. I dont plan on proposing for at least another year.

But i really havent even thought very hard about it or really looked at rings lol

Back
Top Bottom