engagement /marriage thread.

Her grandma’s backyard in Anaheim looks over all of LA. On a clear day you can see Disneyland, the beach, and Angel stadium from the backyard. This house has been in her family since she’s been alive, but her grandma is selling it this year to retire and move. I’ll be proposing there.

I’m setting up some lights and rose pedals in the backyard, a projector screen for her to play a video of pictures of our relationship thus far that I’ve made.. and when she’s done she’ll turn around and I’ll be proposing.

My dad coming down from Washington, her whole family will be there. Got a photographer coming (he’s on NT too :pimp: ) and gonna pop some bottles after and go out for dinner to celebrate.

All of the above is 100% a surprise. She has no idea I got a ring.

Anaheim Hills??

I’ve been invited to 11 weddings this year. Rough out here man.

spizike231 spizike231 -- can you get her grandma to keep the crib or transfer it to y'all?

I'm assuming that real estate is pretty valuable.

It is very valuable. She’s selling it to retire - she’s still working to this day, that house is the beginning of the rest of her life. Very hard working woman who grew up during a time and in a family where women did a LOT of the handy work.

Ask if they have a registry. If not then throw them some cash/gift card and call it a day.

What amount is standard to give? Got a wedding in a month. I thought $200, $250. My brother gave $300 to his friend but he was one of his groomsmen. I was like damn $300 seems generous.

What amount is standard to give? Got a wedding in a month. I thought $200, $250. My brother gave $300 to his friend but he was one of his groomsmen. I was like damn $300 seems generous.

$200 is more than enough.

glad this thread came up. I will be proposing to my girl this year at some point. We have been together for 3 years now. She knows its coming they only thing i really have to figure out is how much i want to spend. My girl isn't material in the least she honestly would rather put the money toward a house then a ring. But my ego won't let me give her a dinky ring (but its nice to have a wide option of prices since she has no preference)

All i have heard is blue nile and james allen are solid ring places. But as soon as i bring it up everyone "has a guy" so im like uh ok. You should go see my guy...go see my guy...im always skeptic

glad this thread came up. I will be proposing to my girl this year at some point. We have been together for 3 years now. She knows its coming they only thing i really have to figure out is how much i want to spend. My girl isn't material in the least she honestly would rather put the money toward a house then a ring. But my ego won't let me give her a dinky ring (but its nice to have a wide option of prices since she has no preference)

All i have heard is blue nile and james allen are solid ring places. But as soon as i bring it up everyone "has a guy" so im like uh ok. You should go see my guy...go see my guy...im always skeptic

Bought my girls ring last year, honestly a lot of the rings you can't even tell between the grades (colorless, near colorless etc.) If I could go back I would of gone a little lower on quality because the human eye can't even tell. I got mine at brilliant earth.

What amount is standard to give?
for me, it varies. depends on where the reception is being held and my relationship to the the person(s) getting married. i usually give $100 if it's not fancy and go up from there. the only time i ever gave more than $300 was when my brother got married.

Last edited:

Wifey material right there.

Bought my girls ring last year, honestly a lot of the rings you can't even tell between the grades (colorless, near colorless etc.) If I could go back I would of gone a little lower on quality because the human eye can't even tell. I got mine at brilliant earth.

I went with Blue nile but this is spot on.

If you are planning on doing 1 ,2 or 3 cts get a diamond just under and you save a lot of money. .9cts or 1.9cts is significantly less that 1 or 2. And no one just looking at the ring will know otherwise.

I spent more on on the color and clarity but just got what i felt was "acceptable".

jking0821 jking0821 Quality of diamond > diamond size

Keep that in mind. At the end of the day, she will care more about the sparkle than how many ct you got her.

Those diamonds are flawed in many ways dont buy those. Look at your local jewler thats not a brick and mortar place(they will rip you off)

Second look at moisanetes vs diamonds They are basically the same thing for a lot less money.

I bought a ring from James Allen last year was perfectly satisfied. Just gotta do your homework. My Fiance is the same, she wanted something not too expensive so we could focus on traveling more or future house payment. She also wanted it from James Allen specifically because they Guarantee Conflict-Free Diamonds.

She gets complimented everywhere she goes because it's a beautiful , elegant, vintage looking setting in rose gold. Make sure you get her input, and choose wisely.

Another suggestion, if you can get a Credit Card that will give you cash back or miles for reaching the spending minimum. At the time, I had used my Chase Reserve card which gave me 100K miles to travel with. If you're going to spend money, why not get some benefits from it, instead of paying cash.

I went in to Samuel’s Jewelers and got exactly what she wanted..

0% interest financing. Low af payments. Will pay on top of it to pay off sooner.

I picked a center stone slightly lower in quality than I went in wanting, but got a bigger size and it sparkles and shines a lot more than the other stones that were there; including those that had the ratings I was looking for. Really happy with the diamond I got.

I just did my ring shopping within the last 6 months and I learned this -

Everyone giving you positive suggestions will suggest where they got theirs, that’s why they got their ring / diamond there. They liked it and they liked the experience. My best suggestion is to look around at different designs at different stores.

When I went looking, Samuel’s was the first place I walked in to to look, they had exactly what I wanted. After taking that into account and walking around to other stores, it became evident that the other stores didn’t have the exact style I wanted to give my gf. So I went back to Samuel’s and finalized the deal.

FYI Samuels also had the best prices in the stores I went to, and I also got half off the band + 0% financing.

Whats the difference between giving up and just not giving a **** and being ready for a divorce?

Cuz we got rangs we supposed to try? I want to insert my penis in multiple women. But i dont. But i want to.

I'm slefish?

I have a problem with entertainment new kitty kat.

She doesnt meet my sexual desires so am i supposed to have a side chick or get a divorce?

You should give how much you assume your spot at the reception is worth. $200 sounds very fair. If your bringing a guest and they aren't chipping in then $300 is good.

A few of my homies are getting tied down left and right
Proposing to their ladies in 2018

I'm one of the few single dudes left
:lol:

^ I'm just like you bruh. My friends are getting married left and right as well, but Im still chilling. Reading through this thread got me thinking, am I really bout that married life?

Back
Top Bottom