Engagement Vol: Its Time

For the guys or ladies?

The 30yo biological clock is tried and true for women. How about for guys?
it's not really 30, the risk doesn't increase for women until 38.  But even then, most of the women I know that work in tech that don't want to have kids til later just get their eggs frozen.  For guys it doesn't matter

If she racked up massive credit card debt, that needs to be taken care of before we get married. Hopefully it was for expenses along the lines of car repairs or medical bills that put her in debt and not just a spending habit.
Agreed. Friend of mine broke up with his girl because of her CC debt. Chick had horrible spending habits.

The only reason I got a CC in the first place was for car repairs. For material stuff, if i couldn't save for it then I didn't need it.

Once you get married, you share joint assets and your are joined together as one body. Either way, those loans will need to be paid off unless you go into the marriage planning to divorce (which is just planning to fail).

One of the biggest causes of marriage failure is money fights. Both parties need to be on the same general page how to handle finances. Otherwise your chances of getting a divorce are pretty high.
Exactly.

My wife has student loans and she knows that I have loans and CC debt that I need to pay.

We don't look at our expenses as pay for yours and i'll pay for mine. We pay for everything together.

Once you get married, you share joint assets and your are joined together as one body. Either way, those loans will need to be paid off unless you go into the marriage planning to divorce (which is just planning to fail).

One of the biggest causes of marriage failure is money fights. Both parties need to be on the same general page how to handle finances. Otherwise your chances of getting a divorce are pretty high.

No the reason people divorce is not having a strong foundation and lack of commitment, I fight with my wife often about finances, specially over the past 2 years when I've been the sole provider while she finishes up school, there will be fights in a marriage, you gotta be prepared for that, doesn't mean having financial issues you gonna throw your vows out the window, remember "through thick and thin" from reading a lot of Nters replies on the topic of marriage in just gonna assume those against it are just selfish individuals....which is cool...nothing wrong with it, you want to put yourself first....because every time the whole marriage thing comes up, dudes bring up $$$$ and that's what marriage isn't about, if you love the woman, you are gonna take her with all her baggage and learn to work together to bring out the best in each other, this whole "get your **** straight and pay off your debt, then we talk marriage" steez ya preaching sound like the words that should be coming out of someone's mouth that is far from ready to take the plunge.

What about a ring like this? Ladys is this not ok?

11124625.jpg

^^^They're going to ask where that diamond is. You're going to be like "Do you not see it? There's a whole bunch!". Haha.

Congrats OP. I still haven't done it myself cause I couldn't get it wrapped up during my trip but I hope to get something by X-mas. I am literally almost at the point where I am going to purpose with no ring and just to go to the store after and let her get a custom one. I already know I am going to get the ring size wrong from the get go.

No the reason people divorce is not having a strong foundation and lack of commitment, I fight with my wife often about finances, specially over the past 2 years when I've been the sole provider while she finishes up school, there will be fights in a marriage, you gotta be prepared for that, doesn't mean having financial issues you gonna throw your vows out the window, remember "through thick and thin" from reading a lot of Nters replies on the topic of marriage in just gonna assume those against it are just selfish individuals....which is cool...nothing wrong with it, you want to put yourself first....because every time the whole marriage thing comes up, dudes bring up $$$$ and that's what marriage isn't about, if you love the woman, you are gonna take her with all her baggage and learn to work together to bring out the best in each other, this whole "get your **** straight and pay off your debt, then we talk marriage" steez ya preaching sound like the words that should be coming out of someone's mouth that is far from ready to take the plunge.
I give u a hard time sometimes
But every now and then
U be speaking some real ****
Repped

Been there, done that. But good luck OP.

It's 2016 (soon). Too many options to fall off. Maybe when I'm 50.

Sorry for the wait you guys ..Been real hectic ya know ..holidays and stuff.

Thanks to everyone who helped...really appreciated you guys..

Heres a few pics from the vacation and she said YES!

View media item 1856163
View media item 1856176
View media item 1856177
She is a Photographer so I made a sign and stood in front of this structure there that was amazing figuring she would like the idea

View media item 1856181
So I had her zoom in on the sign and she started crying as soon as she read it and ran over..

View media item 1856183
View media item 1856185
She cried for an hour it felt.. :lol:

View media item 1856188
Happy as can be

View media item 1856198
Came back to the room and our friends hooked us up!

View media item 1856205

Bonus: Food was amazing
View media item 1856203
Thanks again to all who helped ya boy out!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom