Evan Turner is gonna end up one of the biggest draft busts of all time...

Maybe Doug Collins doesn't put him in cause he's new to the team....

Wants him to sit for a year and watch how the Sixers play.

Originally Posted by JD617

name someone from that draft NOT named john wall that is doing better than evan turner is
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 this is true

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

name someone from that draft NOT named john wall that is doing better than evan turner is
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 this is true  

No it's not. I'm not saying Turner is a bust yet, but there are plenty of rookies having a better year than Turner.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 this is true  

No it's not. I'm not saying Turner is a bust yet, but there are plenty of rookies having a better year than Turner.

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

Originally Posted by Im Not You

he went to college for 4 years.....that alone is proof enough to me that he wasnt about to do big things...

He left as a junior...and likely would have been a lottery pick had he come out after his sophomore season. 
yes, because the drafts are that garbage.

roll.gif

i forgot, tho, yall worse than 60 year old white sports announcers with this "college basektball" pride BS...

95 percent of drafts are full of BUMS

that 5 percent isnt all-stars

maybe 1 or 2 dudes per draft will be GREAT players...

and just because youre taken #2, doesnt mean you're destined for greatness

like i said, who were the sixers supposed to take? you make it seem like they passes on melo to draft darko.......OR passed on Noah and Durant for Oden....

they picked who they were supposed to take....he's not amazing at all....hes decent....he will prolly have a decent, long career on some matt barnes without the hustle steez.....

roll.gif
@ thinking evan turner was ever going to be "the man"

and i like the young chap....i'd love to see him go to a team that isnt beyond garbage, too

i mean, adam morrison was taken over rondo, shannon brown, rudy gay and brandon roy....JJ reddick was taken over rondo.....

can anyone else name the rest of the dudes drafted in the first round of that draft?

tyrus thomas was taken with a 4th pick...morrison with a 3rd....shelden williams with a 5th.......were they expected to come into those teams and be "the man"?

that's a joke.

marvin williams was the 2nd overall pick in 2005...was he expected to be 'the man"?

martell webster was taken with the 5th overall pick....who is he? never heard of him...

micheal beasley was taken with the no. 2 overall pick in 2008...was he going to be "the man"?

why am i even arguing...name someone from that draft NOT named john wall that is doing better than evan turner is.....cole aldrich? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I have no clue what point you're trying to make...or even if you do.

In every professional sport...the draft is predicated on talent + potential. The higher the draft pick...the higher expectations. It's really that simple. 

Originally Posted by Im Not You

he went to college for 4 years.....that alone is proof enough to me that he wasnt about to do big things...

He left as a junior...and likely would have been a lottery pick had he come out after his sophomore season. 
yes, because the drafts are that garbage.

roll.gif

i forgot, tho, yall worse than 60 year old white sports announcers with this "college basektball" pride BS...

95 percent of drafts are full of BUMS

that 5 percent isnt all-stars

maybe 1 or 2 dudes per draft will be GREAT players...

and just because youre taken #2, doesnt mean you're destined for greatness

like i said, who were the sixers supposed to take? you make it seem like they passes on melo to draft darko.......OR passed on Noah and Durant for Oden....

they picked who they were supposed to take....he's not amazing at all....hes decent....he will prolly have a decent, long career on some matt barnes without the hustle steez.....

roll.gif
@ thinking evan turner was ever going to be "the man"

and i like the young chap....i'd love to see him go to a team that isnt beyond garbage, too

i mean, adam morrison was taken over rondo, shannon brown, rudy gay and brandon roy....JJ reddick was taken over rondo.....

can anyone else name the rest of the dudes drafted in the first round of that draft?

tyrus thomas was taken with a 4th pick...morrison with a 3rd....shelden williams with a 5th.......were they expected to come into those teams and be "the man"?

that's a joke.

marvin williams was the 2nd overall pick in 2005...was he expected to be 'the man"?

martell webster was taken with the 5th overall pick....who is he? never heard of him...

micheal beasley was taken with the no. 2 overall pick in 2008...was he going to be "the man"?

why am i even arguing...name someone from that draft NOT named john wall that is doing better than evan turner is.....cole aldrich? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I have no clue what point you're trying to make...or even if you do.

In every professional sport...the draft is predicated on talent + potential. The higher the draft pick...the higher expectations. It's really that simple. 

tell me if the Sixers couldn't do it over again they wouldn't take Cousins?
and I'm with Gunna Get It, I see him out of the league in no more than 5 years 

tell me if the Sixers couldn't do it over again they wouldn't take Cousins?
and I'm with Gunna Get It, I see him out of the league in no more than 5 years 

People giving up on him already? The guy came in the league and struggled as most rookies do adjusting to a new style of play.

Then Iggy came into his own and Collins has developed a deep Sixers team to a run, it'll be awhile before he actually breaks out.

He has shown flashes of his playmaking/scoring ability he just has to put it all together, just because some players skip the baby steps doesn't mean everyone can.

People giving up on him already? The guy came in the league and struggled as most rookies do adjusting to a new style of play.

Then Iggy came into his own and Collins has developed a deep Sixers team to a run, it'll be awhile before he actually breaks out.

He has shown flashes of his playmaking/scoring ability he just has to put it all together, just because some players skip the baby steps doesn't mean everyone can.

Some of you put way too much into the draft. He was praised because of his game at the college level but many people's red flag in Turner was his lack of athleticism and inability to hit that second gear at the professional level. You can be a great scorer at the college level but it means nothing in the NBA if you can't even get by your man which Turner cannot do. He was awful in summer league play and looked like a playground baller compared to the rest of the athletes on the floor. We saw it with JJ Redick when he first entered the league and now we're seeing it with ET. The difference between them is that JJ worked on his game to become better and is still in the league because of it whereas the verdict is still out on Turner.

I agree with Gunna in that the Sixers should have drafted Cousins. I wanted them to draft Cousins but they bit on the hype and drafted Turner. He's a project in every sense of the word and can realistically be out of the league when his contract is up.

Landry Fields
Greg Monroe is having a solid season in Detroit.
Wes Johnson
DeMarcus Cousins

The guy came in the league and struggled as most rookies do adjusting to a new style of play.
There are only a handful of rookies playing the minutes he does.

Some of you put way too much into the draft. He was praised because of his game at the college level but many people's red flag in Turner was his lack of athleticism and inability to hit that second gear at the professional level. You can be a great scorer at the college level but it means nothing in the NBA if you can't even get by your man which Turner cannot do. He was awful in summer league play and looked like a playground baller compared to the rest of the athletes on the floor. We saw it with JJ Redick when he first entered the league and now we're seeing it with ET. The difference between them is that JJ worked on his game to become better and is still in the league because of it whereas the verdict is still out on Turner.

I agree with Gunna in that the Sixers should have drafted Cousins. I wanted them to draft Cousins but they bit on the hype and drafted Turner. He's a project in every sense of the word and can realistically be out of the league when his contract is up.

Landry Fields
Wes Johnson
DeMarcus Cousins

The guy came in the league and struggled as most rookies do adjusting to a new style of play.
There are only a handful of rookies playing the minutes he does.

sixers should have drafted demarcus dousins i knew dude was gonna be decent lol a lot of ppl i noe say evan turner is the most NBA ready player in this draft...and then lol dude barely playin ball

sixers should have drafted demarcus dousins i knew dude was gonna be decent lol a lot of ppl i noe say evan turner is the most NBA ready player in this draft...and then lol dude barely playin ball

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Trelvis Tha Thrilla wrote:

When you are drafted #2 overall, I dont care how bad the draft is, people expect more than just a marginal NBA player.

In a weak draft, no they don't.

Yes they do, I dont care who you are, when you draft a player at #2, you expect more than a marginal player...

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

who said evan turner was ever gonna be anything more than a marginal NBA player?

roll.gif
When you are drafted #2 overall, I dont care how bad the draft is, people expect more than just a marginal NBA player.

well see how the # 2 pick in this years draft pans out for their team that's expecting all-star caliber play...
Where in my post did I say they expected all-star caliber play? Point it our for me please...All I said was when you take a player #2 you expect more than a marginal NBA player. I guarantee you they thought he would be better than what he has been.

Hold on, let me add some more smiley faces
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Trelvis Tha Thrilla wrote:

In a weak draft, no they don't.

Yes they do, I dont care who you are, when you draft a player at #2, you expect more than a marginal player...

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

who said evan turner was ever gonna be anything more than a marginal NBA player?

roll.gif

well see how the # 2 pick in this years draft pans out for their team that's expecting all-star caliber play...
Where in my post did I say they expected all-star caliber play? Point it our for me please...All I said was when you take a player #2 you expect more than a marginal NBA player. I guarantee you they thought he would be better than what he has been.

Hold on, let me add some more smiley faces
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

this is ridiculous
laugh.gif

Iggy and Evan both play the 2. Both aren't efficient at anyother position. How can you give up on him when he's not giving the playing time at 2Guard
ohwell.gif

#!$$ a rookie c'mon

I wouldn't want Cousins on the Sixers

again IMO

this is ridiculous
laugh.gif

Iggy and Evan both play the 2. Both aren't efficient at anyother position. How can you give up on him when he's not giving the playing time at 2Guard
ohwell.gif

#!$$ a rookie c'mon

I wouldn't want Cousins on the Sixers

again IMO

Landry Fields
Wes Johnson
DeMarcus Cousins 
Trevor Booker
Derrick Favors
Ed Davis
Paul George

Landry Fields
Wes Johnson
DeMarcus Cousins 
Trevor Booker
Derrick Favors
Ed Davis
Paul George

Back
Top Bottom