Ever date a person significantly smarter than you?

Thinking back, I've only recall dating one girl that I considered to be more intelligent than me. When it came to the books, she was as bright as they came. No "street" smarts though.

What about you guys?

As you said, nobody "street-wise", but when it came to books, I can honestly say the only person to have this title is my wife. I had no degree and was just working a BS job when I met her 4.5 years ago. As of me writing this right now, I make triple what I made then, am a regional manager in a field I love, and I'm earning my bachelor degree this spring after I take three more throwaway classes and will pursue my Master's.

Because of the intellectual challenge she gave me years ago, I'm currently replying from the edge of an infinity pool in Hawaii. Humble brag to the fullest but 100% relevant to this thread :lol:

was with a stanford grad who is a scientist. she spoke 6 languages and is the most book smart person i ever met. i was doing well for myself with my own business, but dropped out of college years ago to pursue my career. she motivated me to finish school while working and i'm finally gonna graduate next month. gonna be bittersweet because she won't be there to see me flourish cuz we broke up a few months ago. only smart girls from now on for me brahs

As you said, nobody "street-wise", but when it came to books, I can honestly say the only person to have this title is my wife. I had no degree and was just working a BS job when I met her 4.5 years ago. As of me writing this right now, I make triple what I made then, am a regional manager in a field I love, and I'm earning my bachelor degree this spring after I take three more throwaway classes and will pursue my Master's.

Because of the intellectual challenge she gave me years ago, I'm currently replying from the edge of an infinity pool in Hawaii. Humble brag to the fullest but 100% relevant to this thread
laugh.gif
staying at the Sheraton? 
smokin.gif

Because of the intellectual challenge she gave me years ago, I'm currently replying from the edge of an infinity pool in Hawaii. Humble brag to the fullest but 100% relevant to this thread :lol:

Man that's what I'm talkin bout....were did you find her I need one

I like dating someone and them not realizing how smart they are
My girl she thinks she's a clutz and can't remember stuff and gets frustrated sometimes with stuff
But she is artsy, creative and smart in more ways than one
Im happy to have been able to make her realize how smart she is and grateful to be with her
I'm more street smart and intuitive than her though

:pimp:

:pimp:
Ever get ur laptop fixed :nerd:

My wife is a smarter than me book wise, she went to Northwestern and then Yale for grad school.

staying at the Sheraton? :smokin

Marriot :D

Man that's what I'm talkin bout....were did you find her I need one

Met her at one of my best friend's weddings. It's crazy how all the events led to that day too as I wasn't even going to go. :lol: Life really works in mysterious ways.

Last edited:
Yes, currently. :lol:

My GPA in HS - 2.3
Her's - 3.8

Me - kicked out of college for grades
Her - About to graduate this May :lol: :smh:

She inspired me to go back to college and get my priorities straight, my current GPA 3.23 :smokin

she's super book smart, but when it comes to street smart, let's not go there. that's where i come in. :rofl:

I've been with one as smart as me or close to it. The rest were...nice to look at.

The smart one happened to be my favorite and the one I still love to this day.

Yup. Few things are more attractive than smart girls with ambition.

Total opposite from most of NT it seems with ya'll love for ratchet chicks and savage yambs :lol: :smh:

More for my smart chick loving brethren in this thread :nthat:

Last edited:
Literally was thinking about this today. 
eek.gif
 She was telling me her schedule for next semester and I was thinking in my head how there's no way I could take some of those classes.

I'm a pretty smart guy, but my girlfriend is crazy book smart. She was second in her HS grad class rank of 600+ people with a 4.2 or 4.3 GPA (maybe higher) and around 97th percentile SAT scores. For comparison, I had a 3.7 GPA with around 90th percentile SAT scores. Now she's on a scholarship at a great school with a hard major, tons of extracurriculars, and still has a 3.8. She loves school and I hate it. Me >>> her when it comes to street smarts though. 
laugh.gif

Like a lot of you have said, my girlfriend definitely motivates me when it comes to school and I appreciate that.

Edit: Ok maybe not significantly, but still.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom