Ever go take a test with NO prior studying.

I have a Psych Test tomorrow and I didnt even read the book. She curves the test. How will I do?

I used to do that all the time in high school and I still do it now in college. Never got anything less than a C on any such test
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Every single test I have taken until freshman year in college.

I did fine. Just off common sense and things I remembered in class.

Speaking of psych... I didn't know what the inside of my textbook looked like and never took down a single line of notes and got an easy 5 on the AP test.It's a joke of a subject.

Took a mid term today without studying at all. My fault though, I forgot it was today and thought it was Thur. I reviewed some old material like 15 mins beforeclass, I feel good about it

this works every once in a while for me...if ive never heard of the material i focus more on the test and do well occasionally

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

If you go to every class and pay attention every time you wont need to study you'll already know the material...

Depends on the class and how extensive the material is. I personally don't know any human beings who can memorize 50 equations for a test after seeing themonce in lecture and be able to to derive them or apply them in different applications and problems.

Anyways. I haven't really done this in college, but pretty much did it all the time in HS. The results varied.
laugh.gif

Never going to happen in engineering classes. (maybe physics 1 or 2).
But I cant even imagine showing up to a calculus(DVQ or Vectors) and not having prior studying.
I toss and turn at night if I dont study enough for my quiz. =/

Yea I do it all the time. I rarely take notes but have found a way to do well on tests..
smh.gif
pimp.gif

I sit in the front row in all of my lectures and listen carefully

Every test of my life. My teachers tell me if I even applied my self I could be greater in class.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

If you go to every class and pay attention every time you wont need to study you'll already know the material...
not necessarily. It's always best to look at all the material you have for a class and not just rely on what is covered in lectures becauseI've taken a lot of exams where only a handful of questions came from what was covered in lecture and the rest of the exam was based on things you shouldof got from reading the book especially in psychology classes. Some people get lucky and can make educated guesses or use common sense and do well on teststhat they didn't study for but it's hardly ever a good idea.

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Never going to happen in engineering classes. (maybe physics 1 or 2).
But I cant even imagine showing up to a calculus(DVQ or Vectors) and not having prior studying.
I toss and turn at night if I dont study enough for my quiz. =/

This is basically what I was getting at. You know the guys who didn't study. The walk out within 10 minutes of the exam
laugh.gif

Not studying for an engineering exam = suicide.

Past exams + allowed cheat/formula sheet + studying = good to go.
pimp.gif
Youcan B.S. a psych test though. It's all counter intuitive logic.

i swear freshman year i studied for like 6 hours for a math test went in took it and just knew i aced that @$*+, even went to halloween horror nights and had ablast only to come back to a 45% smh

now tell me how the same semester i spent the entire night before my law class smoking tree and drinking beer till 3 am with the test at 9 and got a c+ on thefinal?

took a physics test last week that which i go to all the classes and pay attention, but dont study. don't think i did so hot. highschool tests are a walkin the park compared to some college exams.

Lol maybe because it was a mass media in society class...most of that was common sense...I never cracked that book open once and got a B+ in the class
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom