Ever got a Prof to help on final grade avg?

heres my situations for one of my physio classes
class is weighted 3 tests 26% each, 10% quiz, 10% participation and 2% evaluation
i got 100 for the quizzes, participation and evaluation, 28/30 on first, 18/30 on second and 27/30 on final. as of now i have a 86 in the class, if i wouldve done even decent on the second i'd have an A- and close to A if I woudve performed how i shouldve
I talked to her after second test about it and gonna email her asking if theres anyhting i can do. hopefully shell help me out

Told my history professor I was really worried about my final grade the day of my final. Told him being in college was so here wrecking and the pressure to do well was so overwhelming that it's a wonder I could even remember my name to put on the heading of the paper. He chuckled and said not to worry about it. Got an A in the class. It was partially bs, partially true. I'd studied, but knew I missed some questions. Dude was cool. Doesn't hurt if you participated in class discussions.
My junior year in philosophy. Sent my professor an email early in the semester saying I would miss class because I had to take my new born daughter to the hospital. Every time I missed class, I said it was because of my daughter. Did well on all my assignments, but my school had a strict attendance policy where you receive an F if you missed more than 4 days of class. End of the semester rolls around. Professor tells me I missed 11 classes (I didn't like night classes). Says he's gonna have to fail me despite the B I had without the attendance issue. Told him I understood and accepted responsibility for my actions. Then he asks how my daughter was doing. Had a talk with him about how being a new parent is difficult, especially at my age and being in school. Talked for about 30 minutes and we didn't even bring back up the grade. Turns out he let me keep my B. I have no kids.
Sometimes you just gotta talk to professors. They're people too. Some are cool, some aren't. For 1 percentage point I would go all out but it shouldn't eem be that hard.
But like someone else said, don't ask for it. Ask if you can do anything (ie revised homework assignment, paper, quiz, etc) before the deadline to get the extra point.

LMAO at casually adding "I have no kids" at the end. Literally made me laugh.

Last edited:
Told my history professor I was really worried about my final grade the day of my final. Told him being in college was so here wrecking and the pressure to do well was so overwhelming that it's a wonder I could even remember my name to put on the heading of the paper. He chuckled and said not to worry about it. Got an A in the class. It was partially bs, partially true. I'd studied, but knew I missed some questions. Dude was cool. Doesn't hurt if you participated in class discussions.
My junior year in philosophy. Sent my professor an email early in the semester saying I would miss class because I had to take my new born daughter to the hospital. Every time I missed class, I said it was because of my daughter. Did well on all my assignments, but my school had a strict attendance policy where you receive an F if you missed more than 4 days of class. End of the semester rolls around. Professor tells me I missed 11 classes (I didn't like night classes). Says he's gonna have to fail me despite the B I had without the attendance issue. Told him I understood and accepted responsibility for my actions. Then he asks how my daughter was doing. Had a talk with him about how being a new parent is difficult, especially at my age and being in school. Talked for about 30 minutes and we didn't even bring back up the grade. Turns out he let me keep my B. I have no kids.
Sometimes you just gotta talk to professors. They're people too. Some are cool, some aren't. For 1 percentage point I would go all out but it shouldn't eem be that hard.
But like someone else said, don't ask for it. Ask if you can do anything (ie revised homework assignment, paper, quiz, etc) before the deadline to get the extra point.
LMAO at casually adding "I have no kids" at the end. Literally made me laugh.
reminds me Dave Chapelle "I DID know I couldn't do that hahahaha"

Worth the try. All they can say is no. I remember getting a 69.3%, which was a C- and the professor wouldn't give me a passing grade. I know rules are rules, but still. :rolleyes

Last edited:
ish i had a 79.4, needed 0.1 to get me boosted to an 80. That fat piece of lard had no regard for human life. we be working till 3 in the morning the entire july (summer school) and had the same type of material as everyone else. I had higher marks in my school smh. Only me and my homie go under 80 in that english course. We were ished on the entire course by her bias and special treament n we went to the principal but she wouldnt do anything about it. now that i look bad i shouldve called the school board, I cant get into any programs because I don't have an 80 in english

Last edited:
Haven't personally been involved with this, but I've had friends who have been screwed over by a .1% and those who get the bump

Damn. Some of you guys have no dignity :lol:. Too lazy to go to class so you make up fake children or cry to get a better grade :smh:.

Yup and what are they going to do if they find themselves in positions of power and responsibility and can't take shortcuts and make up lies like they did to get by in college?
I guess just continue lying and see how far they get.

Yes. Because the past four years I've spent in college and the roughly 38 other classes I took without relying on anything besides my own intellect mean nothing. The true indicator of my past present and future work ethic are the actions I took to ensure I passed two classes non-related to the area in which I studied. Got ya.

You're silly if you think I'm going to passively receive an F in a course because of something as trivial as an attendance policy.

^
It seems a little much for you to make up a lie like that because you didn't want to go to an elective class. We've all had classes that we didn't want to go to. I've cut classes plenty of times. I just accept the grade I earn in it. Even when I lived on campus it was a pain to go to certain classes. It sucks even more now that I live an hour away. Attendance policies are lame but that's how professors want to run their course.

I had a family member get really sick and had to take a year off from school so I know how it legitimately feels to miss school because of a family emergency.

Blink you are a wild dude man.

I am currently going through the SAME situation. B- to a B is what I need. I am 1 point under that threshold.

^
It seems a little much for you to make up a lie like that because you didn't want to go to an elective class. We've all had classes that we didn't want to go to. I've cut classes plenty of times. I just accept the grade I earn in it. Even when I lived on campus it was a pain to go to certain classes. It sucks even more now that I live an hour away. Attendance policies are lame but that's how professors want to run their course.
I had a family member get really sick and had to take a year off from school so I know how it legitimately feels to miss school because of a family emergency.

I'm sorry about your situation my dude. Like I said, I always found it ironic that the excuse worked for me when there was no truth to it, yet failed for others who genuinely had the issue.

I guess my mind was just set on receiving a grade that reflected the actual work I did in the course. Going from having a B based on the actual work I did in the class to a flat out F just didn't sit well with me.

ish i had a 79.4, needed 0.1 to get me boosted to an 80. That fat piece of lard had no regard for human life. we be working till 3 in the morning the entire july (summer school) and had the same type of material as everyone else. I had higher marks in my school smh. Only me and my homie go under 80 in that english course. We were ished on the entire course by her bias and special treament n we went to the principal but she wouldnt do anything about it. now that i look bad i shouldve called the school board, I cant get into any programs because I don't have an 80 in english

You can't get into any program because of one grade?..... just one?

Man that sucks. I got rounded up to get a better letter grade once, but other times nothing. I guess it all depends on the prof.

Did you have any extra credit or good attendance? Usually that's worth something.

Had a few teachers round me up a letter grade.

It's all about how good your relations are with people.

I talked with my professors, came to office hours a few times, turned in all my assignments. If they like you they will be willing to help you.

If you're a student that's always trying to turn in work late, never participating in class, being anti-social and not speaking to a teacher until you need something they'll be less willing to help.

Yall crying about B's, I'm just trying to get a C
Some of us set high standards for ourselves. 
laugh.gif

I've never gotten anything lower than a B ever. To me a B is FAILING. 
mean.gif

If I was close AT ALL I would send my professor an email...Mind you they knew who I was because I would participate and what not.

One class I got an 87 in, asked if I could do anything to bump it to an A- or B+ (I forget)...Prof just wrote back, "Merry Christmas", dude gave me the A-.

Worked in two other classes, but one professor told me there was nothing I could do since the semester was over :/

I was bad sometimes...I would lie to professors about stuff like grandparents dying etc etc and they always believed it and hooked me up by telling me not to worry about coming to class and take my time with the assignment that was due.

One semester I didn't buy the books for a class and told the professor my car was broken into and my book-bag was stolen and all my books were in there. She gave me a copy and an extra week to turn in the final paper.

It's all about having a relationship with the professor...Or just say that you need the boost to keep ur scholarship :smokin

damn right.

cliffs:

major: psychology

money: none

books: none

writting intensive credit requierment: zen buddhism

quizzes: every week.

problem: no money therefore no books. we had about 6 books. only used a book for a couple weeks at a time. laziness.

paper: 15 pages

end of semester:

pages completed: 3

highest quiz grade: D

plan: tell dude i dont bang with buddha like that and im suppose to graduate this semester (fall 2009)

result:

Bachelors of Science in Psychology. aka "Smartest Dude in the Ghetto"

pimp.gif

I guess my mind was just set on receiving a grade that reflected the actual work I did in the course. Going from having a B based on the actual work I did in the class to a flat out F just didn't sit well with me.
It's all good. College and gpa's are filled with a lot more pressure than it used to be. You have to get the highest grade you can in these courses. Boring electives are the worst since you usually don't care what the subject is. I guess some professors put the attendance policies in because they don't want half empty classrooms and feel like they're wasting their time. I've had a class like that where only 8 kids would show up :smh:.

Last edited:
I understand it perfectly. Been to colleges with that bs can't miss more than 4 hrs of class in the semester nonsense. Attendance is irrelevant if you're passing the class regardless but making that effect your grade ***** things up.

If I was close AT ALL I would send my professor an email...Mind you they knew who I was because I would participate and what not.

One class I got an 87 in, asked if I could do anything to bump it to an A- or B+ (I forget)...Prof just wrote back, "Merry Christmas", dude gave me the A-.

Worked in two other classes, but one professor told me there was nothing I could do since the semester was over :/

I was bad sometimes...I would lie to professors about stuff like grandparents dying etc etc and they always believed it and hooked me up by telling me not to worry about coming to class and take my time with the assignment that was due.

One semester I didn't buy the books for a class and told the professor my car was broken into and my book-bag was stolen and all my books were in there. She gave me a copy and an extra week to turn in the final paper.

It's all about having a relationship with the professor...Or just say that you need the boost to keep ur scholarship :smokin

This is true. One time i was in the library and left my book there. So when im in class and the professor asks me to read i tell her what happened and shes like oh how unfortunate. I would alwayd participate in class and she would praide me for being a good student. Then the next class meeting she hands me the teacher edition of the book and says keep it.

So always try to develop a good relationship with ur teacher

You go to school long enough you are going to run into a bad professor or a tough class. Anybody who says otherwise is a certified genius or hasn't been in school long enough. Do what you have to do to get the grade up, but if none of it works...take the L...and bust your butt to get through the course during the summer or next semester.

yeah i hope i dont run into an ******* for a while my first semester in college hasnt been too bad

also, in a history class, i messed up on a midterm and talked to him about bumping my grade(i asked to do an extra assignment) and he said it was no problem. In college, having one bad grade is not the end of the world, worst case scenario take the class over again with a different non-******* professor.

Back
Top Bottom