F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Williams Ferrari will be a good battle.
Red Bull and McLaren need to step up and join the battle but good to see that the McLaren is reliable.

Lewis looking even stronger than last year so far. Good qualifying and he had everything under control.

good to see that the McLaren is reliable.
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Unfortunately, this also screws over Alonso... 3 engines for the rest of the season.  The question now is, how many engine-penalties will both guys take this year.  

Malaysia will be so tough. 

Ozi8YWmSSiqggg80H02B_mag.jpg

Meanwhile... 

eyes.gif
 Oh the hypocrisy...

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-urges-fia-to-act-on-mercedes-domination

Last edited:
Yea I couldn't believe Horner said that after dominating for 4 years.

There down on power cuz Renault took a step backwards and now they want a helping hand from the FIA. :smh: :smh:

Nico Rosberg reveals he wears a woman's sanitary towel on his head
Mercedes driver discloses secret to dealing with sweat while racing

Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ's Craig Slater, the German, who suffers from an eye problem which is aggravated when sweat trickles into his eye, disclosed how he deals with the problem.

Rosberg said: "I have an issue with my eye when I sweat a lot so that is what the headband is for. Actually I do have sort of a headband in my helmet, it is my trick, but I can tell you.

"I put a woman's... erm... what do you call them? The thing you put in your underwear."

Craig Slater: "Tights?"

NR: "No, inside the underwear."

CS: "Sanitary towel?"

NR: "Sanitary towel - I put that on my forehead in my helmet to take up the sweat."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2 more for ya... the other lady is Ronaldo's supposed new girlfriend.

f1-malaysian-gp-2015-carmen-jorda-lotus-f1-team-development-driver.jpg

f1-malaysian-gp-2015-l-to-r-lucia-villalon-puras-tv-reporter-and-carmen-jorda-lotus-f1-tea.jpg

Anyway.

Kimi and Seb were fast.

F1+Grand+Prix+Malaysia+Practice+b5zVOi6wzsRx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+Malaysia+Practice+yYSwIWmhFHIx.jpg

f1-malaysian-gp-2015-fernando-alonso-mclaren-mp4-30.jpg

• Ferrari are fast.
  • Rosberg with dirty tactics?
  • I'm really liking the Toro Rosso line up this year. Two really talented drivers.
  • Mclaren making good progress too.
  • Should be a good race with Kimi at 11th and Seb splitting the mercs.

1. Yes.

2. I wouldn't go that far, but he definitely should have done a better job in getting out of the way.  

3. Their car looks pretty decent and I've been very impressed with the rookies.  

4. Still basically last, but they have gained improved and their long-runs should be better.  I'm just worried about their engines for the rest of the season.

5. Shame about Kimi's bad timing.  Despite it being Ferrari, I would have liked to see someone giving the Mercs a bit of a challenge.  

What a race.... Im still wondering no more medium tires for lewis?

or poor execution by the team engineers?

before the rece starts, will b. said that its going to be a minimum 3 pit stop race... seb did it in 2. smh @ me relying on that remarks.

next race lewis.. next race.

I think they said that Lewis had 1 set of used options and 1 set of new primes left... Usually, you'd rather have the new primes, given that he had like over 20 laps left (I think), but I guess he wanted the options.  Maybe he didn't know what the tire situation was and thought they still had new options.  

Anyway.  I think Paul Hembury of Pirelli said that 3 stops was the optimum strategy, but I guess Ferrari were good on their tires, hence they were able to get away with a 2-stopper.  

The SC played into it a bit, but ultimately, Merc shot themselves... panicked a bit and got their strategy wrong.  Reacted to Seb rather than running their own race.  

Shame for Kimi going from 1 full-lap on a destroyed wheel and dead-last back up to P4.  Incredible.  

Also  
tired.gif
 for McLaren, but their longruns looked good.  Was able to get into the middle of it.  Reliability needs to be sorted this season for 2016.

And what a pic.

CBQfYOGWgAAq9I7.jpg:large

Vettel :smokin

What Kimi did was far more impressive imo

I love all the different 1 on 1 battles throughout the race...fun to watch.

Mercedes have a battle on their hands, but I wonder if without Hamilton's lack of running and China's lower temperature if business will resume as usual next race.

China's straight is long so engine power will be revealed in all its glory on that track.

I think it'll be back to Merc for China.  They were saying Ferrari was good on their tires.  Given the heat of Malaysia, it played into their hands, but for cooler China, it won't be as big of a factor.  And yeah, with that huge back straight, HP will be king. 

I'm just preparing myself for a snooze-fest with the two Mercs running away. [emoji]128557[/emoji]

Kimi had braking problems yesterday... hope it won't be an issue.  

I think their longrun analysis did have Mercs to be a bit faster, but Ferrari look to be relatively close.  Interesting.

McLaren looked better yesterday, but other teams struggled.  They're also on their 3rd turbo and various parts of their power-unit.  Troubling. 

Back
Top Bottom