F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Lewis putting that new contract money to good use.

With the car that is not the yeezy's

One more week till Europe. This break has dragged on longer than usual.

:lol:
Thought he had after he said all the details were finalised. That was weeks ago and still no signature

Revised livery.

MP4-30_New_Livery_001.jpg

MP4-30_New_Livery_002.jpg

MP4-30_New_Livery_003.jpg

MP4-30_New_Livery_004.jpg

MP4-30_New_Livery_005.jpg

Love it :pimp:

Especially that top down shot. Look at the front wing. No colour, no sponsors, just pure carbon fibre :pimp:

I remember hearing no teams had black liveries because of heating issues but finally happy to see one. (Even though it looks like graphite instead of pure black)

Last edited:
I wish the 'black' parts were just the carbon-weave, but according to McLaren...

"The result is a dynamic, predatory, graphite-grey colouration, complemented by McLaren-dayglo 'Speedmarks' and keylines, reducing the reflection issues caused by our latest chrome-silver treatment."

Graphite grey it is then.

From the top-down, the Speedmarks look like racing flames. 

Looks like the Sauber from last year.

The previous one was simple but it looked awesome.

No need for that change.

Cant wait for the race. That was a long break

Standing so far.......

No need for that change.
There sorta was.  They wanted to disassociate themselves with the "silver car" tag now that they're not with the Silver Arrows anymore.  The chrome PJ was Ron's idea and essentially a McLaren thing, but I guess they wanted to switch that up.  Anyway, I think it looks ok... it's not spectacular, but as long as it's fast, it can look like whatever they want.

There sorta was.  They wanted to disassociate themselves with the "silver car" tag now that they're not with the Silver Arrows anymore.  The chrome PJ was Ron's idea and essentially a McLaren thing, but I guess they wanted to switch that up.  Anyway, I think it looks ok... it's not spectacular, but as long as it's fast, it can look like whatever they want.

Oh I forgot about the "silver" connection with Mercedes. I get it now.

I still wish they kept it as it was and change the whole thing next season.

Does this mean the previous car was only a "mule/ test car" and this new car will be on full power?

JB finished 7th in FP2 :nerd:

Last edited:
Does this mean the previous car was only a "mule/ test car" and this new car will be on full power?

JB finished 7th in FP2
nerd.gif
The car is still essentially the same base as it was in pre-season testing.  But like all cars in F1, it's constantly evolving with new aero parts, components, etc.  On the surface, it's just a new paintjob.  

Given how much they struggled with Honda's new engine (or powerunit as they like to call it), they've basically treated the first 4 races as an extended test session.  Now that we're back to Europe, they've brought a lot of new updates to the car as well as the powerunit.  They're not as full-power yet, but they're miles better than where they were the last time they were in Barca during the pre-season.

I wouldn't look too much into JB's P7.  Don't know what other cars were running on Friday-practice... and usually improve for Saturday.  McLaren could yet fall back into the midfield come qualifying. 

Really liking the new livery for the Mclaren, especially in the sunlight.
Looks like it's bleeding in the last pic :lol:

Should be a good race tomorrow. Lewis hunting down Nico with the Ferrari in the wings.

Didn't see practice so I have no idea what the long run pace are like for the drivers.

Lewis has been struggling a bit with his setup, while Ferrari's longrun pace has been pretty good. Kimi was just so damn unlucky with his tyre-warmer burning his tyre.  He's also got the old Ferrari without the updates so I don't think he might play a huge role tomorrow.  Unless his longruns are amazing.  

McLaren, meanwhile, seem cautiously optimistic on their longrun pace.  Hmmmmm.

zzz

Poor pit guys...

Did Jenson finish his laps at Bahrain yet? :nerd:

Anyone watching the WEC here? :D

Oh, btw, SinnerP: how are you enjoying pCARS so far? :smile:

AI is pretty good now. Managed to go 4 abreast in Brooklands without any incident! :wow: :smokin
OblongLegitimateGenet.gif

Last edited:
Man, even with Lewis' botched stop and being stuck behind Seb (which, in theory, should have made the race better), it was still a snoooozer.

Happy for Nico though... can't wait to read the Typical Hamilton Fan Twitter feed! 
laugh.gif
   Has any other driver had more delusional fans?  Crikey.

@zk1MPLS  - Good so far, but I still can't use the controller... too twitchy, even at a low setting.  All I'm doing are free runs to learn the tracks.  I can't get a feel for the cars at all.  Need to get the T300.  

Man, even with Lewis' botched stop and being stuck behind Seb (which, in theory, should have made the race better), it was still a snoooozer.

Happy for Nico though... can't wait to read the Typical Hamilton Fan Twitter feed! :lol:    Has any other driver had more delusional fans?  Crikey.

@zk1MPLS
 - Good so far, but I still can't use the controller... too twitchy, even at a low setting.  All I'm doing are free runs to learn the tracks.  I can't get a feel for the cars at all.  Need to get the T300.  

Good call. Tried out the T300RS at the GT Academy thing. Smoother than the G27. Too bad you don't get a shifter for the price, though.

And yes, Nico definitely needed this win. Seb being 48 seconds off the winner :x

EDIT: Darin's setups might be worth looking at. http://www.isrtv.com/pc-racing/project-cars-force-feedback-tips-and-settings/

I don't use Thrustmaster, though, so I'm not certain how well those settings work.

Last edited:
Thurstmaster 300rs will be mine when I can afford it.

Didn't get to watch the race but what happened to Ferrari's upgrades. I was expecting them to be closer.

Mercedes still on their initial engine as well, well done to them.

Also:

Finally, I just watched that Formula E video.
Only watched the first race of the season but wasn't too keen on the public interaction with the boost.
Is it better now and are there any plans for improving the cars next year?

Logitech isn't compatible with PS4. :frown:

Move to PC... the options are endless! :lol:

And yes, Logitech is supported in the game. Even the Driving Force Pro. :smile:

Passing on Codie's F1 game yet again. Their DiRT Rally early access on Steam is pretty interesting, though.

According to the Sky guys on the race broadcast, Ferrari are rumoured to use their engine development tokens at the Canadian Grand Prix. Hopefully it provides them with more horsepower. Mercedes engines still getting the best of them. :x

Last edited:
For 2016:

- Free choice of the two dry tyre compounds (out of four) that each team can use during the race weekend

For 2017:

- Faster cars: 5 to 6 seconds drop in laptimes through aerodynamic rules evolution, wider tyres and reduction of car weight

- Reintroduction of refuelling (maintaining a maximum race fuel allowance)

- Higher revving engines and increased noise

- More aggressive looks

A few other measures have also been discussed but require further investigation before they can be implemented:

- A global reflection on race weekend format

- Measures to make starts only activated by the driver without any outside assistance

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/12890898/refuelling-return-f1-2017

I just want the noise to come back.

I thought they got rid of refuelling because of the safety issues that come with it.

The potential return of refueling is the biggest joke.  Several years ago they got rid of it cuz of the safety issues AND cuz of the extra costs needed for hauling the extra equipment & additional staff to run it.  Now, all of a sudden, they're bringing it back to spice up the racing, make it more unpredictable... and it was all "for the fans".  What a joke.  It almost feels artificial.  Yes, it will make it more unpredictable, but they had great racing before refueling.  

Still, it's not set in stone, so it may still change. 

Last edited:
Drivers seem to be in favour of refuelling.

I'm a bit partial to it as I want these cars to be blinding fast throughout the race but at the same time, safety comes first and it's expensive too.

It's also more of a team sport when the pit crews have to crank out stops as fast as they can instead of having all the time in the world.

Drivers will generally support it cuz it'll offer better flat-out racing and less fuel-management.  None of that lift-&-coast BS.  

I obviously want to see better racing, but given the FIA's stance on it before (costs & safety) to bring it back just like that is stupid and almost irresponsible. 

Anyway... if you guys have the time, go take the global survey.

gpda.motorsport.com

It's long, but if it helps the sport, I'm all for it. 

Back
Top Bottom