F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

It's better this way... Gives HAM another opportunity to take each other out of the race :rofl:

I hope it rains again for the race tomorrow.

If Rosberg gets a penalty, Red Bull has a real chance to win the race. With the problems of Lewis at the start and Red Bull being on 2 and 3 with their pace, the chance to win is definitely there.

Yup. Ricciardo has a good shot at the win tomorrow. He seems to have the pace to challenge the Mercs.

Ferrari might be in it to battle the McLarens at this point. :\

Auf geht's Nico! 
laugh.gif

But even Martin on Hamilton-fanboys-Sky-F1 said that he lifted! 
laugh.gif

Makes for a more entertaining race tomorrow!

But we all know the McLarens are the stars of the day, amirite?

3hrs later, Nico is summoned to the principal's office.  Hammy-fanbois going nuts already. 
laugh.gif

EDIT

And also some drivers not having ran a lap within 107% in Q1!  It is all happening! 

Last edited:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

CoEm_RgWgAQdqw7.jpg:small

EDIT

Sensible decision... common sense... top 10 guys keep their spots. 

Last edited:
Good controlled race from Lewis and the championship lead. :pimp:

Gutierrez received handed a five-second time penalty for ignoring blue flags, to which he responded: "I didn't ignore them! I simply had two aeroplanes coming from behind, coming very quickly!

This made me laugh :lol:

Also, what are you guys thoughts on Verstappen moving twice while trying to defend.

Good controlled race from Lewis and the championship lead. :pimp:
This made me laugh :lol:

Also, what are you guys thoughts on Verstappen moving twice while trying to defend.

He should've been penalised. He blocked him during corner entry and at the apex. Shame the damage to the front wing endplate compromised the aero efficiency to Kimi's car. He seemed to struggle after that.

I thought it was on the very edge of what was acceptable. He also sorta moved in the braking-zone as well. Having said that, I think the fact that Kimi went left, then right made it look like Max moved more than he did.

I thought it was on the very edge of what was acceptable. He also sorta moved in the braking-zone as well. Having said that, I think the fact that Kimi went left, then right made it look like Max moved more than he did.

It looked like Max turned into the corner a bit early after his initial defensive line, though. :nerd: But the stewards decided it was an acceptable move, so on to the next race. Good to see Kimi still has the fire burning inside. :smokin He just needs to stay awake during safety car restarts. He always gets caught napping :smh: :lol:

I agree. Could have been a penalty, but no "must-be" penalty for Max.

Changing the communication rules again is ridiculous. 

I did not like them, when they introduced this rule, but to be honest it made the competition at the top more interesting, because Mercedes struggled a bit without being able to communicate with their drivers.

Not really sure what I should think about rejecting the Halo system though. On the one hand it looks ugly and it does not really fit to the style of the F1. 

Plus drivers know that their job is dangerous. But on the other hand improving safety is important, because I don't want anyone to get seriously injured or die.

Since not punishing the speeding on double yellow flags last week in Hungary, they have lost my believe in the importance of security. 

It was a tricky situation cuz Nico, during his run, had done nothing wrong.  He lifted, the double-yellows changed to green, so he kept going.  Any driver would have done the same... I think Seb kept pushing but caught up with JB, which ended up ruining his lap.  Now obviously, with common sense, his lap shouldn't have counted.  But for whatever reason (Merc proved that Nico lifted and slowed enough before re-engaging when the green flag came back) the stewards should have cancelled his lap... problem solved.  But they didn't.  Good thing now is that the FIA has stated that will cancel all double-yellow flag laps.

Ultimately, this was cuz it was Nico... Lewis' main rival.  If Nico (or whoever his main rival was) got an advantage, you could bet Lewis (or whoever it is) will complain about it.  That's just the nature of sports.  You try to get the biggest advantage while limiting the advantage of others.  

Honestly, I was surprised by how vocal Lewis was about this... on the grounds of safety.  Obvs safety is important, but Lewis has never been very vocal about it.  Remember in Baku?  Jenson and some other guys were complaining about how little run-off there was.  Together with the bumps of the street circuit, it made things a bit dangerous to a certain degree.  Lewis' reply at the time was saying how the other drivers moaned too much.  You can't say other drivers "moan" too much about safety, then weeks later take the opposite view about it.  So do I think Lew's complaints were more about Nico rather than safety?  Yes, I do.  

And as for Radio... I'm glad they reversed it.  I hated the rule cuz I really enjoyed the technical side of the conversations (obvs not the driver coaching).  

Back
Top Bottom