F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Lewis was asked about it in the press conference after the race so even though he had much to say, he didn't bring it up.

Still though, I would say him talking about it is a healthy mix of clarity, safety and rivalry. Other drivers wanted to know what they can and can't do too and off course they know how dangerous the sport is so safety is always an issue.

Lastly Lewis clearly doesn't want his rival to get an advantage on him because Pole may determine the outcome of the race.

Radio bans, I'm glad hey're gone but I still wish drivers weren't told where to break and what line to take, etc.
The bans only made Mercedes struggle in terms of fixing issues wrong with the car and nothing to do with their outline pace so it didn't really making

I'm pretty sure, that if the radio ban was gone before the Austrian GP, Mercedes would have told their drivers, that they have "brake issues" and therefore should not overtake each other. And that's what I liked about the rule.
I don't want the team to tell them where to break and what to do. If there's a heavy technical issue, they should have been allowed to assist.

Once again the problem is how the F1 has used the rule. Nico only got a 10 second penalty (he would have probably not finished the race without help), while Jeson got a drive through penalty, when he really needed help.

Most of the rules are used in completely different ways and this is the major problem of way too many rules in the F1.

Mega lap by Nico all things considered... Lewis had his chance but locked up at the hairpin and that was the end of it.  But how damn close are the RBR's?! 

But Alonso nailed it regarding the rules... too many of them... constantly changing. Martin also hit the spot... you don't see footballer moving the goal posts! 

Impressive lap by Rosberg.

The start will be interesting, especially since it will be close until the hairpin curve.

I'm also surprised on how close Red Bull got to the Mercedes.

There are chances of rain tomorrow, so that could make the race even more interesting. In the wet Red Bull might be even fast than Mercedes (plus Nico struggled huge under rain this year)

Regarding Ferrari: seems like they are losing more and more time to the top of the field each weekend 
laugh.gif

Let's talk about Danii for a minute... the kid went from RBR's next star to an STR backmarker... qualifying in P19 while Carlos qualified in P13.  His confidence is gone and sounds like a broken man.  F1 can be a cold business, especially with a team like RBR with many youngsters nipping at your heels.  The sad thing is that RBR can, and probably will, drop him in an instant, which could destroy his career.  Hope he has a strong support-group.

Really WTH happened to Nico's pace?  Crikey.

Fernando dropping 2 places towards the end there... but at least JB got BOT.

And RBR's pace... 

Last edited:
Yea Nico just disappeared.

And what was weird is they waited a lot more than 5 seconds in the pit stop.

Champagne in the shoe :lol:

Last edited:
Nasty... 
laugh.gif

Nico's penalty was a bit harsh though... even a lot of the journos and race-people were saying so.  Niki called it 50/50.  But basically it was the same move he tried in Austria, but he made it work this time.  I think had he turned in a few meters earlier he would have been able to make the move stick without getting a penalty. 

Looking like Lewis is on his way to a 3peat 
pimp.gif

Winning in Nico's backyard while he misses out on the podium is gonna kill Nico 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
. None of that usual negative/awkward vibe today in the winners circle

Last edited:
Ehh I mean I see Lewis usually trying to be a good sport and interact somewhat with his teammate and making the best out of the situation but I guess that's just me 
laugh.gif
. Can't wait to see them competing against each other on different teams though,F1 needs the rivalry 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Point is, both guys are grumpy when they don't finish 1st... we've seen it from both drivers before... the frosty greenroom is pretty LOL if I'm honest. 
laugh.gif

It feels so awkward to watch them purposely trying to avoid each other in a tiny room 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
. Really hoping to see Nico teaming up with his compatriot at Ferrari next season to help make them great again

Last edited:
Damn,wouldn't mind seeing Lewis move then,unless he's also signed an extension recently
laugh.gif
. Really hoping they can get another top class driver to pair up with Vettel for the near future with Kimi not getting any younger 

Last edited:
Not the time to go to Ferrari right now... they're in a bit of trouble right now... car is struggling, James Allison just left, RBR just overtook them (and will probably finish above them)... 

Sucks to hear,just want to see another genuine competitor because the one team/car dominance is getting a bit boring tbh :lol:. Mercedes now,Red Bull before,feels like there hasn't be a real title race in a while. A strong Ferrari team is good for the sport imo

Last edited:
Brand new rules and engines next season, so who knows what will happen.  A pretty big reset. 

Yea Nico just disappeared.

And what was weird is they waited a lot more than 5 seconds in the pit stop.

Champagne in the shoe
laugh.gif
The stop watch of Mercedes did not work, so they waited extra long to be sure do fulfill the 5 second penalty.

Sound super dumb, but it's the truth 
laugh.gif

Ferrari is barely doing anything right at the moment.

Right now my prediction for next season is, that McLaren and Renault will both be in front of Ferrari.

McLaren is getting better and better.

And Renault has already stopped the development of this seasons car and is completely focussed on next year.

Pretty easy job for Lewis today 
pimp.gif
 Very important to increase the gap to Nico, because of the engine penalty for Lewis in Spa.

Nico had huge problems today. His pace was just not good enough.

I did not expect Red Bull to be that close to Mercedes on this circuit, because it suits better to the Mercedes car, while the layout in Hungary was better for Red Bull.

Unfortunately Red Bull won't receive the new Renault engine before the GP in Japan. But  from that race on the competition at the top will be even closer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom