F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Are you trying to attend?  The thing with new GP's is that there will usually be a lot of teething problems.  

Damn...but we all knew it was coming. I hope one of the GOAT at least finishes in the top 8 these last 6 races. :frown:

I checked the ticket prices for the Circuit of the Americas when they first became available :stoneface: That's just ridiculous :x

Anyways since the Japanese GP weekend is starting in a few hours, I figured it's the right time to show these. I picked these up last month, peep the model kit on the bottom right >D

PS: Yes I'm a big *** kid :D

Are you trying to attend?  The thing with new GP's is that there will usually be a lot of teething problems.  

Nah. I'm really planning to attend a race next year. Just went to see if there were still nearby races to catch MSC race live and how the rates are. All the races now are either really far away or on pretty boring circuits. Lol. Oh well. Really hope he wins a race this year (even if it's a long shot). Would be fitting to end his lackluster stint at Mercedes and his career.

At the Austin track, you can't even buy tickets on the main grandstand without calling them up. :stoneface: Hopefully New Jersey doesn't copy that.

Realistically trying to attend either Malaysia (a little short notice), Singapore (good timing, but pretty boring race), New Jersey (expensive far away, needs a Visa) or Abu Dhabi (if I'm really lucky, but needs a Visa as well) next year.

Nice models. Want to get into that some day. Definitely a good way to pass the time. Last time I tried was when I was around 12. It didn't end that well. :lol:

RBR's just too good. This will not end well. 
mean.gif

F1+Grand+Prix+Japan+Practice+0d3yg2jVhmcx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+Japan+Practice+wLqBi2t7egLx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+Japan+Practice+kVDiwVfRWjJx.jpg

Also...  
eek.gif

Last edited:
Shoutout to Kobayashi, really happy for dude :nthat:

That cotdamn Vettel had no pressure up front. :smh:

Massa in second place? :wow:

Our boys in 4th and 5th though :nthat:
This is a great haul of points for the constructor's championship.

KAMUI KAMUI KAMUI! 
eek.gif

I'm happy for him... what a moment!

Nico Rosbot... hahahaha...

Last edited:
I don't think Grosjean is gonna get the 'banz', this incident is not as bad as what happened at Spa. He's just gonna get hit with a fine, and that's it.

Checo's move on Hamilton was too damn gutsy, he could have passed him on the straight or on Spoon. He could easily have gotten 4th or 5th place.

SinnerP- yes I do build models, I've been building them out of the box since I was 12. Sorry but I have nothing to show since they're just built out of the box. But I am getting deeper into the hobby, I've slowly been gathering supplies to finally start painting and modifying them. I already have an airbrush and paint, just need a few more supplies and I'm good to go.

zk1MPLS- yea the hobby is def a great productive way to kill time. It trains the mind since building a model is like building a 3D puzzle. By the way some of the best plastic modelers in the world reside in your country. :nthat:

Last edited:
everyone in the bar where im at was ecstatic when Alonso went out. :smh: :lol:

if Kamui can consistly perform like this, its just a matter of time before he move to a bigger teams.

Nico Rosbot... hahahaha...

One of the funnier "Tooned" episodes so far. :lol: It just sad that we definitely won't get the same kind of humor with Lewis after the season. I don't see Checo fitting in well in the series. Might even see the "Tooned" series discontinued. :\

Haven't posted in days. Been pretty busy. Didn't even get to catch the race yesterday afternoon. :smh: :lol: Alonso out on the first turn. :smh: Kimi :stoneface: >: Grosjean at it again. Great drive by Felipe. He definitely needed that. Would've been better if we had two Ferraris on the podium, though.

Went indoor karting late last Friday evening. First time in around 18 months. I got tired pretty early in the session, after I drove around 2 hours in rush-hour traffic to get there. By my third lap, one of the track marshalls stopped me on track and warned me not to mix brake and throttle application, as it might cause problems with the go-kart. The kart I used was somewhat smaller/shorter; not enough legroom to completely lift off the throttle unless I unnaturally pull back my heel. That definitely threw me off for the remaining laps in my session, as I did not want to risk breaking anything in the go-kart. My lap times were slower than before, too. :wow: And that stop cost me about a couple of laps. Oh well. Now I'm keen on getting back at it again soon, though. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, you never want to do brake-throttle overlapping... you'll end up riding and wearing down the brakes.  Could be dangerous in the long-run. 

What kind of karts are the?

^ Just your regular everyday rental go-kart. Sliding everywhere. Far from the precise control in racing sims. Need more force feedback, too. Might have another go at it this weekend. I was too disappointed with my showing last weekend. :wow: :lol:

Lewis acting like a kid. :smh:

HAMILTON LEFT TWITFACED AFTER CRITICISING BUTTON ON TWITTER[emoji]169[/emoji]
Ubaid Parkar, 8 October 2012

[emoji]169[/emoji] AP Photo/****uo Kambayashi
Lewis Hamilton slammed teammate Jenson Button for being disrespectful as he suspected the 2009 world champion to have unfollowed him on Twitter after the recent announcement of a driver line-up shakeup for next season.

Hamilton, who has partnered Button since 2010, will drive for Mercedes next season, leaving behind his association with McLaren of six years. Sergio Perez is to serve as a replacement at the British team next year.

“Just noticed @jensonbutton unfollowed, thats a shame. After 3 years as teammates, I thought we respected one another but clearly he doesn't,” Hamilton mentioned on his Twitter page on Monday.

“Funny thing is, we are STILL teammates! All good tho, I plan on giving this team & fans all I got til I cross the finish line in brazil!!!” he added.

Button however had clarified earlier that he never followed his teammate on the social networking website, a fact that Hamilton discovered within an hour of posting his Tweets.

“My bad, just found out Jenson never followed me. Don't blame him! Need to be on Twitter more!” he said.

This was the second time Hamilton had blundered on Twitter after he posted sensitive telemetry data ahead of the race at the Belgian Grand Prix in September, explaining why he was slower than Button in qualifying.

^ I've been following that story since last week, and while I thought it was a bit silly and foolish from Lewis, I think the press have blown this WAY out of proportion.  

It all started last week after it was announced that Lewis signed with MBenz.  Some F1 journo wrote a piece on how JB unfollowed Lew right after he announced his MB deal... sensationalizing it and making it sound as if there was a huge rift between the two. JB later confirmed that he didn't unfollow Lew, cuz he never followed him in the first place. As for why he didn't follow him, who knows? But that's not the issue here. 

Anyway, fast-forward to yesterday, Lew probably heard about his "report" on how JB unfollowed him... goes to check his followers and noticed that JB wasn't following him.  Looking at it from Lew's perspective, he probably assumed that it was true and probably felt it was petty of JB to unfollow him for that reason (not that I would believe JB would be that petty).  Lew then later finds out the true and apologizes for it. All cool now right?  Nope... the press run with it by sensationalizing it saying how the teammates are at-odds or whatever.  People who hate Lewis will criticize him and take shots at him cuz of this... It just gave them more ammo.  It's just how things are.

In reality, it was probably not a big deal.  Was it silly/childish/whatever?  Sure, but like I said, it's been blown way out of proportion by the press.  Just look at the first sentence... they used "slammed".  What Webber said about Romain... now that was "slammed".  

It was simply a misunderstanding that Lewis cleared within an hour. 

Last edited:
Nico Hulkenberg to Sauber next year? :nerd:

Felipe Massa to stay at Ferrari, new contract should be singed by end of week. :nerd:

Potential 2013 driver lineup

Ferrari- Alonso/Massa

Red Bull- Vettel/Webber

McLaren- Button/Perez

Williams- Maldonado/Senna?(don't know if he's staying)

Lotus- Grosjean/Raikkonen?(he's making his decision on his b-day Oct. 17)

Mercedes- Rosberg/Hamilton

Sauber- Kobayashi/Hulkenberg

Force India- Di Resta/Buemi?(sources say he might fill this seat)

Caterham- Kovalainen/Petrov?(I've heard he's run out of sponsorship money)

Toro Rosso- Vergne/Ricciardo

Marussia-Glock/Pic

HRT- De la Rosa/Karthikeyan(don't know about these 2)

Back
Top Bottom