F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I watched all of qualifying, but it was 1 AM over here and I was falling asleep. Plus I had got late night bubble guts :lol:

Jenson my ninja I hate it had to be him :smh:

Damn looks like Alonso came to race today :nerd:

And I'd expect nothing but Vettel taking an early lead :lol:
First turn :lol: :smh: And he's got the win already pending something going wrong with the car.

Wow, this battle between Grosjean, Lewis and Nico got really intense :lol:

Ohhhh nooo that damn stupid turf. **** Lewis' day :smh:

Psy waving the checkered flag :wow: :rofl:

Last edited:
%^&$# everything. 
mean.gif

:pimp: Great race, was a bit worried when the engineers kept telling Vettel he was down to the cords. Had me all kinds of nervous thinking he would get a flat right at the end :lol:

Missed my second consecutive Grand Prix weekend due to family commitments. Same results. :smh: :stoneface:

Good to hear Ferrari has both drivers on pace now. But those Red Bulls... :x

This Grand Prix's "Tooned" episode:

Lewis not being mentioned nor appearing in this episode, though. :wow: :nerd:

Last edited:
LH being mauled by midfield runners :smh: :lol:

the next coming races is about for the championship but its also a fight for next years seat!

^ There was a reason for that... his rear anti-roll bar broke, which ruined his balance and tires. By no means a reflection of their "normal" race-pace. Don't think he could have beaten the Red Bulls, but I'm sure he would have finished much higher. 

LOL Adrian came prepared!

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Korea+2oX_UFzWXkEx.jpg

:pimp: Great race, was a bit worried when the engineers kept telling Vettel he was down to the cords. Had me all kinds of nervous thinking he would get a flat right at the end :lol:

LH being mauled by midfield runners :smh: :lol:

the next coming races is about for the championship but its also a fight for next years seat!

:stoneface:

@zk1 I really hope the fam is doing alright

@Sinner where do you get these high res pics from?

Meanwhile at the McLaren Technology Center, Ron Dennis is overlooking the development of the MP4-28 8)

Thanks for the link bro :smokin

By the way, journalist Will Buxton did an Ask Me Anything over on Reddit. :wow: :smh: @the craziest use of money he's seen

@zk1 I really hope the fam is doing alright

Yeah we're fine. Just attended a birthday dinner at my cousin's. Lol.

That interview on Reddit was pretty cool. The man actually took the time to answer all those questions. :smokin

The Steinmetz diamonds on the nosecone that got lost... I remeber that one. :smh:

Jaguar (Red Bull) definitely had very ridiculous and unique marketing back then at Monaco. I remember the Star Wars Stormtrooper pit crew... That was awesome. :lol: :smokin

Nice video. Must be an incredible sight to see, seeing those massive lorries drive along the countryside alongside you. :smokin

I remember seeing a Williams video about the same thing, but for a flyaway race. Cool video as well.

Anyway... Always wondered how taking Eau Rouge flat-out in reverse felt like. Would be ridiculously scary in real life. :wow: :x
[video=youtube_share;ec5hcO8ULCc][/video]

Felipe still having a Ferrari race seat. Hope he keeps his pace up now. He hasn't been the same since the accident.
FERRARI EXTENDS MASSA'S CONTRACT THROUGH 2013

[emoji]169[/emoji] AP, 16 October 2012

MARANELLO, Italy (AP) -- Ferrari has extended Felipe Massa's contract for one more season with the Formula 1 team.

The Italian squad made the announcement Tuesday, saying it has renewed the Brazilian's deal "to the end of the 2013 race season."

The move comes two days after Massa's fourth-place finish in the Korean Grand Prix.

Massa also finished fourth in the Italian GP last month, then took second in the Japanese Grand Prix eight days ago for his first podium result in nearly two years.

Still, Massa hasn't won a race since a life-threatening accident at the Hungarian Grand Prix in 2009. He is ninth in the drivers' standings.

His previous deal was due to expire at the end of this season.

Last edited:
I'm also glad to hear Massa is staying, seems like a cool guy. Would like to meet him. For the past month he has been on a resurgence. If his teammate wasn't neck to neck with their rivals in the DWC, I guarantee that he could have at least 1 win this season.

Di Resta is letting me down in the podium I predicted for him

that gif must be same reaction when LH got to his garage :lol: :lol:

I chuckled

Nice vid you posted there Sinner, here zk1 just for you

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103503
David Coulthard to retire from motor racing after DTM finale

By Jamie O'Leary Thursday, October 18th 2012, 09:00 GMT

David Coulthard will retire from motor racing following this weekend's DTM season finale at Hockenheim.

The 41-year-old Briton, whose career included 13 Formula 1 World Championship race wins for McLaren and Williams, and has competed in the DTM for Mercedes since 2010, wants to dedicate his time to other things

"This weekend will be my final race at this level," Coulthard said. "Now I'm going to concentrate on developing my off-track businesses and, of course, spending more time with my family.

"I want to thank Norbert Haug and Mercedes Motorsport for providing me with this opportunity and the sponsors for allowing the Wings for Life Foundation to have space on the car, which has helped raise awareness and funding for research into spinal cord injuries."

Coulthard made his car racing debut in 1989 in Formula Ford 1600 and won both British championships plus the inaugural McLaren AUTOSPORT BRDC Award.

Race-winning campaigns in Formula Vauxhall Lotus and F3 - including the prestigious Masters and Macau races - paved the way for a test role with the Williams F1 team.

The death of Ayrton Senna at Imola in '94 gave Coulthard a shot at the big time with Williams, and he took his first F1 win for the team in Portugal in '95.

A move to McLaren for '96 was the catalyst for 12 more victories plus the runner-up spot in the world championship in 2001.

After moving to Red Bull for '05, he gave the team its maiden podium finish and eventually ended his F1 career in Brazil three years later after racking up 246 starts; a total only bettered by four other drivers.

Since quitting F1 Coulthard has combined his broadcasting role with the BBC's coverage of the sport with his DTM race drive and ambassadorial roles with AMG and Red Bull. The latter two positions will be retained.

Mercedes motorsport vice-president Norbert Haug said: "David is our first F1 winner of the modern era and that victory on 9th March 1997 in Melbourne ensures his place in our motorsport history.

"David drove successfully for us and our partner McLaren during nine Formula 1 seasons, and still today he is one of the most popular racing drivers in the world.

"David's involvement in the DTM has been good for him and for the championship - he is skilled on the race track, and eloquent and analytical in his TV work and as an AMG brand ambassador.

"He has been a successful member of the Mercedes family for over a decade and a half, and will remain so after his retirement from active racing.

"An abbreviation from the racing world best summarises what I want to say to David on behalf of everybody: TD - but this time, it stands for 'Thanks, David'."

DC is definitely appreciated, but I won't forget what he did in Spa, 1998. :smh: :smh: :smh: :stoneface: >:

I'm a fan, though. :lol: Him and Mika were definitely formidable foes in those days. :smokin

Hope he's still part of the commentary team for the BBC.

Last edited:
^ yeah, he's just quitting DTM... I'm sure he'll continue with his TV-work.  

Not gonna lie, I was jumping when Schumi's race was ended after that incident... knowing that both guys were ok, of course.  It was pretty 
laugh.gif
 when Schumi barged into the McLaren garage wanting blood! 

In other news, not a surprise I guess.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103529
New Jersey Grand Prix to be postponed until 2014

By Jonathan Noble Friday, October 19th 2012, 08:30 GMT

Formula 1's inaugural race in New Jersey, originally scheduled for next year, has been postponed until 2014.

Following recent doubts about progress being made at the track ahead of its planned first event in June 2013, local officials have revealed that an official announcement is expected on Friday to say it is being put back.

According to a report in the Jersey Journal, Weehawken Mayor Richard Turner said that race organisers were behind in both preparations for the race and in obtaining the necessary permits.

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone later confirmed to Eurosport that the event was being put off - which now leaves a vacant slot in the calendar.

"It is not going to happen next year," Ecclestone said. "If they came up with the contract with us and we were satisfied the question is could they carry out the work in six months? Winter in New York is not good."

The New Jersey event had been scheduled to take place on June 16, just a week after the Canadian Grand Prix.

However, in the most recent calendar published by the FIA, it was only added subject to confirmation.

Due to the flyaway nature of Montreal, it is unlikely that Ecclestone will slot in a replacement in the gap before the next race - which is the British GP on June 30.

That could mean that next year's calendar drops to 19 events, although there have been rumours in recent weeks that Ecclestone could be looking at resurrecting the Turkish Grand Prix.

Back
Top Bottom