F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

The new regulations were made to keep cars closer but it hasn’t been no different then the past we’re you got top 2 then the rest down the field. I guess I was expecting like ‘12(?) where you had a different winner first few races.

The new regulations were made to keep cars closer but it hasn’t been no different then the past we’re you got top 2 then the rest down the field. I guess I was expecting like ‘12(?) where you had a different winner first few races.
No, when they said 'keeping the cars closer', it was in the context of each individual car being able to follow each other. During the previous gen of cars, they had a hard time following each other in the turns... every time they would close up on someone, they would lose aerodynamic downforce and would end up destroying the tyres. In this new gen, the aero allows the cars to follow closer and thus be able to close in for a pass... in theory anyway.

In the grand scheme of these new rules, any new rule change, it has a tendency to mix up the grid... like Haas (went up), McLaren & Aston (fallen back a bit)... but many expected the usual suspect to still be up there... like RBR and Merc. Ferrari made a huge jump, while Merc fell back a bit, but are still a solid top team.

Got to watch Leclerc's overtakes on both Alpines right in front of us, fantastic race from our POV. Overall a much better experience in terms of racing/viewing this time vs. in 2019.

Really hoped Sainz could close the gap so I could be there for his first W, but Max was on it like always. A thriller at the end there. Disappointing race for the McLarens, hoping

Pic from the safety car restart.

1655682615834.png

Walked almost the entire track afterwards, sat at the spot where Tsunoda went off in T1 and the spot in T3 where Perez crashed in qualifying :lol:

1655682741062.png

Can't wait to be back next year, and hoping I can hit Mexico or a European race in the near future.

Got to watch Leclerc's overtakes on both Alpines right in front of us, fantastic race from our POV. Overall a much better experience in terms of racing/viewing this time vs. in 2019.

Really hoped Sainz could close the gap so I could be there for his first W, but Max was on it like always. A thriller at the end there. Disappointing race for the McLarens, hoping

Pic from the safety car restart.

1655682615834.png

Walked almost the entire track afterwards, sat at the spot where Tsunoda went off in T1 and the spot in T3 where Perez crashed in qualifying :lol:

1655682741062.png

Can't wait to be back next year, and hoping I can hit Mexico or a European race in the near future.
How's the sound? I've never experienced the Hybrids... but were ear plugs needed?

How's the sound? I've never experienced the Hybrids... but were ear plugs needed?

They sound amazing, especially the Honda engines, I'll never get tired of hearing them going through the low speed corners. It's really pleasant to my ears. I remembered my experience the last time I was in Montreal, standing by the fence and absolutely needed earplugs there, so I was prepared when I did that again this weekend. But being further up in the grandstands, it's not super necessary. They're loud, especially when there's a group of them coming together, but not deafening, which is a good thing imo.

The Ferrari challenge cars with their V8s were definitely much worse, and not in a good way lol

Horner and RB have like a 1.5 second advantage on Merc and Christian is SCARED TO DEATH about any perceived advantage Merc could gain on them via FIA rule adjustments related to porpoising.

Not to mention how ironic it is that he's complaining about in-season rule changes when he benefitted from an in-race rule change in Abu Dhabi :rofl:

Horner scared to death
That’s what Horner and Helmut do best, cry.

F1 legends and pundits stuck in 1950's.

This sport has so much growing up to do.

At least Red Bull terminated Juri Vips contract...

Plenty of Teams and Drivers have come out in support of LH. Of course, the team that doesn't come out and show support, RBR. So on brand for them. Doesn't help that Max goes out with Kelly Piquet, they probably don't want to upset the golden boy of F1. :smh:

Plenty of Teams and Drivers have come out in support of LH. Of course, the team that doesn't come out and show support, RBR. So on brand for them. Doesn't help that Max goes out with Kelly Piquet, they probably don't want to upset the golden boy of F1. :smh:
Knew right away he would decline to make a statement. Mind you the statements being made are pretty much as cookie cutter and corporate as possible. But Max will still decline.

Knew right away he would decline to make a statement. Mind you the statements being made are pretty much as cookie cutter and corporate as possible. But Max will still decline.
I agree that the statements are pretty cookie cutter, and generic. But at least they did it. Even the F1/FIA statements were generic, but again, its the fact they came out to support. Guess it's just my utter dislike for RBR that makes me take a look at them more than the other teams.

I agree that the statements are pretty cookie cutter, and generic. But at least they did it. Even the F1/FIA statements were generic, but again, its the fact they came out to support. Guess it's just my utter dislike for RBR that makes me take a look at them more than the other teams.
No I’m with you. Marko and Jos have always walked a pretty thin line with their comments about Hamilton already. Any statement is better than no statement,

Silverstone should be a lot of fun, hoping to see another Lewis victory even though it's very unlikely.

Re: the Piquet situation, is it just a culture thing with the way these folks feel like they can just go racial?
all this racism isn't necessary at all

Back
Top Bottom