F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

side note: There's just something about Natalie Pinkham.
embarassed.gif

Also... it's Lewis... no, Nico... no, Lewis... errrr...

Nico+Rosberg+Mercedes+GP+F1+Launch+U7pyKgn4m6gx.jpg

Mercedes+GP+F1+Launch+GG_jBMgtkY5x.jpg

Last edited:
Natalie Pinkham + Leona Lewis=

I would let both of them have my seed 8) :wow:

Nico's helmet has a silver patch on the Mercedes logo in the front. His helmet is also a brighter yellow. Other than that there's not much of a difference.

Looks like Natalie didn't even adjust the seat; her feet were barely touching the pedals. :lol: She was the fastest with the wheel gun during the pit challenge, though. :pimp:

Yeah I know the headrest is removable, but it seems the Merc has a different cut to it, compared to other cars (like Lewis in the McLaren then). More elongated, legs more exposed, but barely enough room to fit your hands through to steer the car.

And I think that was Nico driving the car. You'll know it's Lewis when there are car parts flying somewhere. :lol:

Last edited:
Nico's helmet has a silver patch on the Mercedes logo in the front. His helmet is also a brighter yellow. Other than that there's not much of a difference.
And I think that was Nico driving the car. You'll know it's Lewis when there are car parts flying somewhere.
laugh.gif
1st pic was Nico, 2nd was Lewis... 
wink.gif

Haha, yeah Lewis has more of a "maize" shade to it while Nico's is more "tour yellow"? 
laugh.gif

Point is... trying to differentiate them on a standard-def TV feed will not be fun... 
tongue.gif

Lewis+Hamilton+Mercedes+GP+F1+Launch+1aRy9zg6U0zx.jpg

Nico+Rosberg+Mercedes+GP+F1+Launch+tKgHaUMEhNlx.jpg

Yeah, why not post this again... 
tongue.gif

Last edited:
at some point, one of them (LH/Nico) has to give up that color and switch to pink or solar red to get that SB or Yeezy effect :lol:

Georie is bad too but i'll take Lee Mckenzie any day! im glad that jake is out. i always thought he's better hosting a talent show or something :lol: though, putting to many former drivers on the commentary is kinda redundant. its almost one dimensional and their comments are almost the same, unlike the mix of DC plus Martin and Eddie then Jake was perfect! the flow of their discussion is free flowing unlike with Sky, i felt Johnny, Damon and Martin is a bit stiff, kind too serious at times

Honestly, I like both of BBC and Sky F1's coverage of the Grands Prix, but I have to say I'm partial to the Sky F1 coverage, since they seem to be more entertaining and in-depth (not to mention, easier on the eyes :nerd:). Lee McKenzie is appreciated, though. :smokin Definitely like Martin's Grid Walk segment. I find Damon Hill rather dull for presentation, though. If he switched places with David Coulthard, Sky F1 would be hard to beat. Both of them definitely made me appreciate Formula One. And they are really in-depth with the McLaren team / Martin Whitmarsh (which I appreciate... sort of. Lol.) and Christian Horner! Anthony Davidson and Alan McNish give good insight as well. With that said, both coverages are easily much better than the presentation ESPN Star Sports is airing on cable over here. I don't think I've even caught a race on cable last season. They don't show Laker games much over here either nowadays. Maybe it's time to cut off the cable subscription, at least in my part of the house. :lol:

Interesting bit about a driver's crash helmet.

Last edited:
Jerez Testing Day One

Marussia MR02

Scuderia Toro Rosso STR08

Caterham CT03

Fuel pump failure on Jenson's car. Uh-oh.

Nico's Merc on fire

Last edited:
Nothing to worry about in terms of failures and or other issues.  It's the first day... better to get those issues out of the way now than layer.

I like the livery of the Caterham...

F1+Testing+in+Jerez+Day+One+-j_2NlE3EBhx.jpg

Great pics ZK1 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
im just browsing the article, checkin the pics and i thought oh, so Jaguar is comin back!? :smokin then when i read it ahh... its Caterham :lol:

@zk

back in the day, the coverage of STAR was still tolerable. back when Murray was still doing the commentary. they had a very few gaps and thats it and their pre race shows were informative and entertaining though all is pre recorded. now a days i only watch it for replays.

^ Forgot to comment on that, but while I like the BBC presentation-team of Jake, DC & EJ, with the Sky comm team of Crofty and Martin, but really both BBC and Sky are miles better than our Star Sports team of Steve Slater and some other color-analyst. The overall package in the UK is just better. Not to say that Star Sports is "poor", but it helps when you have dedicated production teams at every GP. Ant, McNish & Karun are all fine commentators too.

I like Lee, but Natalie all the way!  Holly Samos is joining the BBC party this season so that should be interesting. I've only seen her work on tech-shows.

Martin's Gridwalks are the highlight!

EDIT ~ Checooooo.

Sergio-Perez-McLaren-Formel-1-Test-Jerez-6-2-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-26bec8c5-659400.jpg

Sergio-Perez-McLaren-Formel-1-Test-Jerez-6-2-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-ef8b959-659401.jpg

Last edited:
Jerez Day 3 Times. Felipe :wow: :pimp:

Hopefully this would be indicative of the pace of the car this season.

Kimi's crash helmet this season. Not one of his best-looking ones, IMO.

Kimi's always had dope helmets... this is my all-time fav.

3015681246_29664c3bf8_z.jpg

Anyway, I know times don't mean jack in testing, but it's always nice to be P1.  Interesting that Felipe mentioned how, despite being P1 today, impressed he was by JB's quick-lap on Tuesday... given that the track was much greener then and that JB's time was on hard-tires.  As a McLaren fan, that's good to hear.  Still too early though.

So I guess Merc made him drop Reebok for Puma :nerd:

Nothing to worry about in terms of failures and or other issues.  It's the first day... better to get those issues out of the way now than layer.
yep, better to get that out the way now. We don't wanna have those reliability issues during the season.

Lewis Hamilton's crash at Jerez. Rear brake failure, i think.

welp...

^ I think his Reebok deal was up anyway. McLaren mechanics are still wearing Reebok Zig's at testing though.  Of course, they won't be wearing new stuff until Australia. 

^ Yup, that helmet Kimi wore at McLaren was nice. I like the one with the diamond-encrusted Iceman logo on the side.

I remember when Jaguar lost one of those diamonds in the nosecone at Monaco a few years back. :x

Last edited:
Disappointing. 
tired.gif

c5410a3e9b9452744b5c3b1d9df170b0.jpg

F1+Testing+in+Jerez+Day+Four+D7AViAUGzeAx.jpg

F1+Testing+in+Jerez+Day+Four+ATitwMG56I2x.jpg

F1+Testing+in+Jerez+Day+Four+d9eNEjQHOKcx.jpg

F1+Testing+in+Jerez+Day+Four+sApTCkgPdYrx.jpg

Always thought Paul had cool-looking boots...

This was from last season.

Paul+Di+Resta+F1+Grand+Prix+Hungary+Qualifying+Kjo0MSwjRIZx.jpg

Last edited:
GEOX makes horrible racing boots. Lewis' Reebok ones were one of the more refreshing ones. Ferrari's boots are pretty nice as well.

Breaking news: Kimi and his wife of 8 years are filing for divorce. :smh:

Hulkenberg's feet too big for new Sauber
The tall German discovered that his racing boots are too big to fit easily on the throttle and brake pedals.

Feb.11 (GMM) Nico Hulkenberg's feet are too big for the footwell of the new Sauber C32.
As he began his career with the Swiss team at Jerez last week, the tall German discovered that his racing boots are too big to fit easily on the throttle and brake pedals.
And "The car cannot be rebuilt," Bild newspaper correspondent Nicola Pohl reported.

Hulkenberg confirmed: "We have cut the rubber soles back at the heels to give us some more space."
Tight squeeze aside, the new grey Sauber made an impression on the competition last week.
Asked which car had surprised him the most, Red Bull team boss Christian Horner told Blick newspaper: "The Sauber!
"Just like 2012, they have made a good car again."

:lol: Didn't know Hulk was tall. Last tall chap in F1 I remember was Ralph Firman. He looked a bit awkward in the Jordan back then.

EDIT: Firman's just as tall as me. Those cars must be really small and cramped! :nerd:

Last edited:
Yeah, I knew that JB, Webber and DiResta were tall, but didn't know Hulk was too... but Firman's got to be the tallest.

Meanwhile, Sutil's at Force India for a seat-fitting... 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom