F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

20220731_113956.jpg

:lol:

I had a feeling with the way Otmar's been acting towards Nando, but sheesh

giphy.gif

Aston did need a youngster with some experience for a long term project :lol:

This must be music to Piastri's ears.

Whoa! Good for Alonso! Dude still has the juice to make things competitive, which is indicative of what he’s done with Alpine.

As for Stroll… :rolleyes

I honestly don't think Alonso can make Aston Martin anymore competitive. I'm pretty sure they'll remain back markers for the next few years at least.

Can someone clear this up for me though- I was reading Ted Kravitz take on the Alonso move and he said this:

Is Mercedes power a factor in the deal?​

"What it also does do is reunite Fernando with the Mercedes engine family, which I think is an interesting angle. Fernando hasn't been powered by Mercedes since he left McLaren the first time round under a bit of a cloud 15 years ago.

"So this would have needed a sign-off from Toto Wolff, which it obviously got.

Why does Toto need to sign-off on any driver signing pertaining to a Mercedes Power unit? How exactly does this work? I know he has a Merc ownership stake but that extends to say so over customer team's driver signings??

It's either Charles fumbling the lead by crashing or a bad strategy call.
They boxed the mediums way too early, could have easily extended and went straight to softs.
From podium to 6th is unreal.

Pretty amazing to see the gap between Lewis and George, without testing etc. What a drive by LH

Back
Top Bottom