F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Haas halted contract extension talks with Schumacher today so rumors are starting that he could move to Alpine.

I don't know who I'd rather have at this point if I'm Renault- Ricciardo or Schumacher?

They only halted because the AM seat was filled and now that option's off the table, so there's no rush to re-sign him during the summer break. Would not be the least bit surprised and quite frankly hope to see Ricciardo return to Alpine, he definitely looked more comfortable in the cars during his time there.

I think Alpine will/should go with Daniel. A proven winner and, in the right car, can still be very fast. His past 2 seasons with McLaren shouldn't be an accurate reflection of him as a driver. Not saying Mick isn't quick, but still a bit unproven. I don't necessarily see Ocon as their team leader just yet.

Anyway... I think this thread best summed it up.

I agree that Daniel should go to Alpine. He got them podiums while he was there. Alpine is always in the midfield battle for constructors so I don't think they will want to take a gamble on Mick as he seems to crash quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom