Fast food workers protest for $15 minimum wage.

People stuck on their faulty logic that if you work at McDonalds or places similar, you must be lazy :rolleyes

Last edited:
People stuck on their faulty logic that if you work act McDonalds or places similar, you must be lazy :rolleyes
yeah... That's a ridiculous misnomer.

No down time, constant work, strictly timed breaks...

Dealing with PEOPLE everyday...

Its not that damn easy. Maybe skill wise yes... But discipline to do the same thing over a d over. That's not easy at all.

i dont think i said that job was easy in this thread even though nobody is talking to me directly

i quit mcDs after 1 month 1/2 when i was 16.........no clue how ppl do it for years

my thing is working that job alone should make you become a better person, for yourself......

15 an for that job why? yea its not easy but its not worth 15 either.

Last edited:
It's not as if most people want to do it. Some don't have a choice and that's what y'all are neglecting. Automatically assuming that they aren't applying elsewhere and don't have skills.

Last edited:
yeah... That's a ridiculous misnomer.

No down time, constant work, strictly timed breaks...

Dealing with PEOPLE everyday...

Its not that damn easy. Maybe skill wise yes... But discipline to do the same thing over a d over. That's not easy at all.

Plenty of us with skilled jobs deal with the same things. Not to mention their are folks in skilled jobs have to deal with people getting more out of pocket than they would get with the cashier at McDonald's.

Then there is pressure to meet deadlines, taking no breaks to get daily work completed, and the list continues.

I'm still not seeing any argument that provides a real justification.

Plenty of us with skilled jobs deal with the same things. Not to mention their are folks in skilled jobs have to deal with people getting more out of pocket than they would get with the cashier at McDonald's.

Then there is pressure to meet deadlines, taking no breaks to get daily work completed, and the list continues.

I'm still not seeing any argument that provides a real justification.
I agree that MCdonalds workers starting out at $15 an hour is ridiculous.

But people act like you're lazy if you work there... And its an easy job...

I agree that MCdonalds workers starting out at $15 an hour is ridiculous.

But people act like you're lazy if you work there... And its an easy job...
the funny and ironic thing about all this is ppl saying its lazy easy work and they hardly do anything, yet are at a job that gives so much free time and is so laid back and easy they can post on here, be on facebook/instagram/twitter and idlewild surf the net etc....

this is a video i had to watched for my labor studies class, its pretty relevant to your guys discussion. the video explains its reason behind todays minimum wage, and how that would affect prices of fast food if it was at 22 dollars

this is a video i had to watched for my labor studies class, its pretty relevant to your guys discussion. the video explains its reason behind todays minimum wage, and how that would affect prices of fast food if it was at 22 dollars
nobody asking for minimum wage to be $22 though
i think $10-12 is a legit pay amount

nobody asking for minimum wage to be $22 though
i think $10-12 is a legit pay amount
according to the speaker, the bottom line of why we deserve 22 dollars an hour is that , "If we started in 1960 and we said that as productivity goes up, that is as workers are producing more, then the minimum wage is going to go up the same. And if that were the case then the minimum wage today would be about $22 an hour." Her point is, we should be getting paid 22 dollars an hour. She's isnt pushing exactly for 22 dollars an hour, she wants an increase in wages of at least 10 dollars an hour or even perhaps 15 dollars that the workers are demanding.  

On another note, I've heard some talk about how the employees might eventually be replaced or minimized in favor of machines.

What's going to happen if/when technology gets so good that machines are able to be used to do jobs that require some type of skill or degree to do?

Labor per hour is effectively a good.

When has central planning overcome the problem of pricing?
On another note, I've heard some talk about how the employees might eventually be replaced or minimized in favor of machines.

What's going to happen if/when technology gets so good that machines are able to be used to do jobs that require some type of skill or degree to do?

Machines will do all the work, scarcity will disappear, and we can spend time pursuing art like Nancy Pelosi dreamed.

If fast food workers changed their title to 'restaurant servers' guaranteed they'd make at least $20 an hour.

Dead srs

Last edited:

If fast food workers changed their title to 'restaurant servers' guaranteed they'd make at least $20 an hour.

Dead srs
I'm going to have to say no.  Their actual hourly wage would drop and they'd be working for tips, so unless they are delivering food to the tables and refilling drinks for folks they'd probably do much worse.  You have to remember the difference in duties between your average fast food worker and restaurant server.  

And has it really been that long since the last tipping thread?  NTers proved to be some cheap bastards when it comes to tipping, so this whole debate over fast food workers is all the more ironic.

Dead srs

I'm going to have to say no.  Their actual hourly wage would drop and they'd be working for tips, so unless they are delivering food to the tables and refilling drinks for folks they'd probably do much worse.  You have to remember the difference in duties between your average fast food worker and restaurant server.  

And has it really been that long since the last tipping thread?  NTers proved to be some cheap bastards when it comes to tipping, so this whole debate over fast food workers is all the more ironic.

My point Is that restaurant servers get more sympathy than fast food workers.

And some would hazard to guess that some fast food jobs are more demanding than waiting tables.

In my opinion they don't deserve to make $15 an hr. Yeah this might say a bit stubborn, but they work there by choice. If you want a higher paying job you should have gone to college. I understand that some people aren't able to afford college, but there are things like financial aid and student loans that help people pay for college. I mean do you guys think people flipping burgers should get paid that much? That's just my position on the topic. 

In my opinion they don't deserve to make $15 an hr. Yeah this might say a bit stubborn, but they work there by choice. If you want a higher paying job you should have gone to college. I understand that some people aren't able to afford college, but there are things like financial aid and student loans that help people pay for college. I mean do you guys think people flipping burgers should get paid that much? That's just my position on the topic. 

But you believe in tipping?

eyes.gif

I rarely eat fast food but the other day I had mcdonalds breakfast and that s cost almost 6 bucks. Standard breakfast combo with oj. I remember when it was like 3 bucks. I can only imagine how much more it would be if they raised the minimum wage. Ridiculous!

It'll go up regardless. I remember when those Mcmuffins were 2 for 2. Now it's 2 for 4 I believe. You know what I said? I said damn when did this happen? As I ordered and eventually scarfed them down, just like others will do.

I rarely eat fast food but the other day I had mcdonalds breakfast and that s cost almost 6 bucks. Standard breakfast combo with oj. I remember when it was like 3 bucks. I can only imagine how much more it would be if they raised the minimum wage. Ridiculous!
I believe it's called inflation.

My point Is that restaurant servers get more sympathy than fast food workers.

And some would hazard to guess that some fast food jobs are more demanding than waiting tables.
Correct. Because the consensus is that you are poor by choice or that you're lazy. Therefore, you deserve to be poor. You can't confuse these folks with the facts. Most believe the ten second sound bites and all the talking points from think tanks that want to keep the profits in the hands of major corporation. You see, if you are too busy struggling to keep a roof over your head and food on your table, you don't have time to pay attention to the fact that they are screwing you, nor will you have the time to do anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom