Fast food workers protest for $15 minimum wage.

I mean I don't feel it is anyone's job to subsidize how much someone else makes...

The government needs to decrease the minimum wage to 3 dollars. That way companies like McDonald's can hire more workers thus decreasing unemployment and improving da economy b

Does a waiter provide more service in general and receive a lower wage because they are tipped employees?
What about families? Should I demand a higher wage because I choose not to wrap it up and have kids I can't afford?

At the end of the day youre going to have to pay for their kids no matter what. You cant tell me a single parent can live off 11k. Everyone who is an American citizen should have the right to reproduce if they are physically fit, you cant tell me there isnt enough money in America to provide decent life for everyone. I highly doubt you could live respectably off 11k. What kind of food can you buy that isnt overly processed? What kind of investment could you be doing for your retirement? How could you afford insurance?

You're looking at this like numbers, these are actual humans no one can live off 11k a year and set them self up to do better in the future.

Last edited:
if you need more money why not get a second job?

what is this handout nonsense all about?

LMAO why are they trying to turn working at a fast food restaurant into a career? 

Name a person who does? If they become a manager or better would that please you? :smh: some of y'all man. These are people we're talking about

Last edited:
if you need more money why not get a second job?

what is this handout nonsense all about?

Who is going to raise your kids? Why should someone in America be forced to work a second job because there other job isnt paying enough? A job that doesnt pay enough to support someones life should not exist. The minimum is too low people, especially with these people who work for companies that are FLOURISHING.

At the end of the day youre going to have to pay for their kids no matter what. You cant tell me a single parent can live off 11k. Everyone who is an American citizen should have the right to reproduce if they are physically fit, you cant tell me there isnt enough money in America to provide decent life for everyone. I highly doubt you could live respectably off 11k. What kind of food can you buy that isnt overly processed? What kind of investment could you be doing for your retirement? How could you afford insurance?

You're looking at this like numbers, these are actual humans no one can live off 11k a year and set them self up to do better in the future.

Run for office, bro. Looking forward to the public reaction to pitching communism.

It is most def not the rest of the world's responsibility o take care of your kids because you can't. Although, if CPS takes them I suppose it would be.

So now organic food is a necessity? Investing? Insurance? The things that people are meant to work for and most jobs provide? Don't come at me with part time jobs jot having benefits.

Again, you're basically saying people shouldn't have to find a way to live within their means. Society should be the safety net to cover them and secure their future regardless.

Legally wait staff are entitled to a the minimum wage, even if they are tipped employees.

Legally they are yes, but if they get tipped enough the cheaper wage is paid and they get to pay their own taxes.

Run for office, bro. Looking forward to the public reaction to pitching communism.

It is most def not the rest of the world's responsibility o take care of your kids because you can't. Although, if CPS takes them I suppose it would be.

So now organic food is a necessity? Investing? Insurance? The things that people are meant to work for and most jobs provide? Don't come at me with part time jobs jot having benefits.

Again, you're basically saying people shouldn't have to find a way to live within their means. Society should be the safety net to cover them and secure their future regardless.
Legally they are yes, but if they get tipped enough the cheaper wage is paid and they get to pay their own taxes.

Organic food? No just anything fresh. Watch Food Inc and see the deliema "poor" family has. Do they buy 4 hamburgers for $4 dollars or a sack of potatoes for the same price? They will be worse off becuase they are eating literally junk which will in times get them sick and cause them more money they dont have. It all adds up you think anyone can live off eating cheap food?

Should anyone really get to 65 and not have any investments? How would you feel seeing your grandmother work at Wal-mart because she has no 401k? Is that the America you want?

Legally wait staff are entitled to a the minimum wage, even if they are tipped employees.

The employer has to match minimum wage if tips don't cover.

Essentialy, wait staff have the potential of making above minimum wage in any circumstance.

And yet we have more sympathy for them than fast food workers.

Last edited:

Organic food? No just anything fresh. Watch Food Inc and see the deliema "poor" family has. Do they buy 4 hamburgers for $4 dollars or a sack of potatoes for the same price? They will be worse off becuase they are eating literally junk which will in times get them sick and cause them more money they dont have. It all adds up you think anyone can live off eating cheap food?

Should anyone really get to 65 and not have any investments? How would you feel seeing your grandmother work at Wal-mart because she has no 401k? Is that the America you want?
the sack of potatoes would feed them longer. Isn't a 10lb sack around $4?

I actually eat cheaply and generally cook for myself without eating "tons of processed foods."

My mom is 65 and she still works, bro. Try again.

What happened to Americans having the motivation and determination to make it on their own? Why do you believe America should support everybody regardless?

America is in enough trouble financially as it is, the last thing we need is to bail out everybody that can't pull their weight.

The employee has to match minimum wage if tips don't cover.

Essential wait staff have the potential of making above minimum wage in any circumstance.

They have the potential to, yes. But that tip is based on service provided and the customer's willingness to tip. Nothing is guaranteed and if services sucks they have not earned a tip.

If it really is all the same why don't the fast food workers quit and become waiters?

I actually eat cheaply and generally cook for myself without eating "tons of processed foods."

What happened to Americans having the motivation and determination to make it on their own? Why do you believe America should support everybody regardless?

So wait people who work fast food dont have motivation and determination? Is that why you really believe poverty exists? Are you happy that your mom is 65 and cant retire? I would be pretty upset if my mother was 65 and still has to work. If your mother was so motivated and determined why are her other counterparts able to not work and she has to? If you dont realize it Americans already support its people. Public school systems is support, railroads are support, public infrastructure is support. You are blind to think you are living off of everything you earned money and paid for.

Last edited:

America is in enough trouble financially as it is, the last thing we need is to bail out everybody that can't pull their weight.
The employee has to match minimum wage if tips don't cover.

Essential wait staff have the potential of making above minimum wage in any circumstance.

They have the potential to, yes. But that tip is based on service provided and the customer's willingness to tip. Nothing is guaranteed and if services sucks they have not earned a tip.

If it really is all the same why don't the fast food workers quit and become waiters?
No! the employer is required to legally match the minimum wage. Some customers are required to tip, regardless of their willingness.

if its so much harder to work as a waiter, why not leave and become a fast food worker with a guaranteed minimum wage?

So wait people who work fast food dont have motivation and determination? Is that why you really believe poverty exists? Are you happy that your mom is 65 and cant retire? I would be pretty upset if my mother was 65 and still has to work. If your mother was so motivated and determined why are her other counterparts able to not work and she has to? If you dont realize it Americans already support its people. Public school systems is support, railroads are support, public infrastructure is support. You are blind to think you are living off of everything you earned money and paid for.

Ever think his mother is 65 and still willing to work? Idk if that's his case but not everyone dreads their work. Unless of course, they are working fast food/walmart...

My mother is nearing 60 and possibly facing lay off at the end of the year. The last thing on her mind is retirement even though a) she'll probably get a fairly decent amount of unemployment b) she could if she wanted to. She'll be looking for a job and go back to work even though it will mean a pay cut.

Back
Top Bottom