Favorite Kicks of 2012... and why

With the increasing popularity of the shoe game, I've grown to miss fellow heads talking about why their shoes are important/special to them. I get that not every pair has meaning but I know we all have a few releases in a year that really mean something to us. I'll start it off:

Fav pick-up of 2012 is the retro X Chicago. I originally passed on them as I'm not the hugest X fan. But one day my dad stopped by with them. He said he was at the mall and saw "Jordans" on the shelf. Having heard me complain about the difficulty of acquiring new releases he thought he had stumbled upon a miracle event and bought them for me. He was so pumped to take them out and show me the records on the sole and how they were "Chicago Bulls colors because that's the team he played on". They went from a pass to insta-favorite in that moment. He has never done this before, and has even said that collecting shoes is dumb so I know that he really put a ton of thought into that buy.

black and red colombia 11's......for serious though, because Im 28 and Ive wanted them since this little prick had em as gym shoes in junior high

Out of all the 2012 releases my favorite had to be the Bred IV close followed by Penny 5 and Air Flight Ones.

Last edited:
For me...Flyknits and Roshe..Two of the shoes I wear the most for comfort and style.:smokin

I like the idea of this thread. And the guy who started it off had an awesome story and all. I won't troll along I'll put my 2 cents in-

Anyways my favorite kicks of 2012 would probably be the "KD IV Scoring Titles". I don't have as good of a story as the original guy but these both mean something to me because I'm a HUGE KD fan and last year I went down to OKC for the Western Conference Finals against Spurs. I went to the game where KD took over the 4th quarter and scored I believe either 14 or 16 straight points and Chesapeake Arena was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. Watching him take over the game like that and score at will to keep them ahead and win a crucial game was AWESOME. Also I did get the "KD III Scoring Title" so getting this one meant a lot to me.

my favorite kicks of 2012 are the kicks that didn't have a nickname to it . . . 2013 is going to be the year of official sneaker names . . .

my favorite kicks of 2012 are the kicks that didn't have a nickname to it . . . 2013 is going to be the year of official sneaker names . . .
Thanks for your awesome contribution to this thread..... :smh: :smh:
I mean why come troll seriously? Pathetic

Lookin forward to hearing a TRUE story not somebody doing WORTHLESS posts. :smh:

I like the idea of this thread. And the guy who started it off had an awesome story and all. I won't troll along I'll put my 2 cents in-
Anyways my favorite kicks of 2012 would probably be the "KD IV Scoring Titles". I don't have as good of a story as the original guy but these both mean something to me because I'm a HUGE KD fan and last year I went down to OKC for the Western Conference Finals against Spurs. I went to the game where KD took over the 4th quarter and scored I believe either 14 or 16 straight points and Chesapeake Arena was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. Watching him take over the game like that and score at will to keep them ahead and win a crucial game was AWESOME. Also I did get the "KD III Scoring Title" so getting this one meant a lot to me.

Thanks for actually contributing lol. Good story too!

For me...Flyknits and Roshe..Two of the shoes I wear the most for comfort and style.:smokin

Very true, great shoes all around.

Last edited:
Nike Air Monarch. Joints are fire, thought I was gonna get mugged if I wore 'em around town so I keep 'em in that box

Good thread, I'll add my 2 cents..

Not a 2012 release, but the Infrared VIs were a pick up of mine in 2012. Now mind you, this particular sneaker is my holiest of holy grails, and I was able to cop 'em and the white Infrareds for a price I was willing to pay. Earlier in the year I started looking for the Infrareds and the Infrared pack, but couldn't find any that weren't going to hit my pocket too hard. I searched for about a good three months maybe. Gave up the search after a little while, but not to be surprised by one of best friends throwing me the oop to the Infrared pack, and for a price I was willing to pay. The crazy thing is that I didn't even tell him that I was looking for or planning to buy the Infrareds. He just randomly gave me the information to the person that was selling the pack. It was like a dream come true :lol:. I thought that was pretty epic for my favorite shoe!

A little more on topic now. My favorite release of 2012 would have to be the Lebron 9 Elite, the away and home colorways. Just for the simple fact that I love the design and style that the sneaker possesses. The comfort in my opinion is amazing and easily one of my favorite sneakers to play ball in. And I can wear either the homes or the aways with my everyday attire. I actually do with the aways. To add more significance to it, Lebron became my favorite player after D. Rose went down in the first round, and I rooted for the Heat to win it all after my Bulls went out in the first round. It was a little ironic how Lebron won his FIRST ring in my favorite pair of his sneakers. Yes, I rank the Elite 9s as #1 in the Nike Lebron series, thus far!

After writing this I just realized that my 2 favorite shoes are the shoes that 2 of my favorite players won their first ring in. This year gave me the "First Ring" pack :lol:. Now I need to find the Championship Elite 9s. I would sadly pay rape prices for that one shoe :smh: :nerd:

Last edited:
Fav Kicks of 2012?...

-Air Safari '87 & Playoff 12s

-Honorable Mention: KD 4 All-Star..

With the Safaris I had to choose between Obsidian 12s or Safaris, I know to some it may not be a popular decision but I've always been intrigued about the "Safari Print"...

While the Playoff 12s, for the first time in my sneaker camp out history I was No.1, (Numero Uno), This was way before raffle "BS" that stores are implementing nowadays...

For the KD 4s, Well, Just look at your pair....  Go Look 
nerd.gif

I know, right?... 
smile.gif

Worst Sneaker of 2012?

Even though it hurts to me as a KobeHead, But I gotta admit Kobe 7 was just flat out horrible... 
mean.gif

Mine would have to be the AM2012 in white/blue/orange/black.  I remember seeing them at tons of stores last March when I was visiting Philly/NJ.  I figured I'd have no problem getting em when I come home to NoVa.  Couldn't have been a worse idea!  I went to almost all stores in the DMV and either were either sold out in my size or never had em.  I ordered them from a Finishline store and had my order canceled about a week later.  I thought I wasn't going to be able to get em.  Then about three weeks later I randomly checked Finishline's website and they were available in my size.  I placed another order but was still skeptical since my prior order was canceled.  Then I got the shipping confirmation email and later the shoes.  Still happy about this shoe and colorway.

Playoff 12. Mainly cause it brings me back to my childhood. Couldn't get them when I was in elementary school, so when I finally got these, I was all :D

Worst Sneaker of 2012?

Even though it hurts to me as a KobeHead, But I gotta admit Kobe 7 was just flat out horrible... :smh:
Agree 100% Kobe VII should easily wil Worst Sneaker of 2012
I think the overall look and CW's all were terrible.

The only one I kinda liked was the Elite Homes but in person they were garbage so sent them right back to Nike :D

Keep the stories coming I like to hear these

Back
Top Bottom