Feeling depressed after drinking?

I need to reach out to my brothers and sisters on NT so please no troll.

I don't know what has happened to me man. I have changed over time. I am not sure if it has been life beating me up or whatever but I have a hard time controlling myself when I drink. It hasn't always been this way.

I definitely drink less overall these days but when I do I seem to go overboard. And the next day I become VERY DEPRESSED.

I am slowly moving from drinking completely and looking to excerise more amongst other things and really just want to know if any other NTers feel me on this and any words of encouragement would be appreciated.

Last edited:
30 days sober...
pimp.gif

From alcohol.

How good does it feel
I feel great man...
pimp.gif

Not waking up sluggish in the morning, depressive thoughts, all of that was becoming harder to bear as I've gotten older.

I'm 31 now, and my body can't handle alcohol anymore.

Going back to the thoughts though, alcohol put in a really dark place mentally. When I use to drink heavy it was just a real bad period in my life.

I'm not highly religious at all, but there are some proverbs that mention the dangers of alcohol and it mostly rings true for me in terms of having to abstain.

Not the friends that I hangout with. During the week I am crazy busy with school and work. I really don't go out much etc.

I just seems like whenever I get a moment to go out or something I do it all by myself. The first drink is cool and casual but then I keep drinking and it turns into something else. Or the reason why I am drinking is not to have a good time around my people.

I end up spending a ton of money that I don't really have and overall being VERY uncharacteristic.

how old are you? do you only drink & not mix it with uppers? how much sleep do you get after a night of drinking?

Drinking is bad.  Don't let Ciroc commercials or Budweiser commercials fool you.  All the research and facts are there.

My boys from back in the day are still my boys but I never see them. All they do is go out and drink and chase females into the depths of the night.

The people I kick it with now are mostly my peers from school. It is cool because we have common goals and keep each other motivated but they can be a bad influence sometimes. They are that highborn type and they be on some differ s*** sometimes :lol:.

But overall it is me and I gotta get right with myself.

If you only drink on weekends /party and go to school thats not that bad.

Millions of people do.

Wen u get drunk every single day eem in the morning thats a problem.

Last edited:
If you only drink on weekends /party and go to school thats not that bad.

Millions of people do.

Wen u get drunk every single day eem in the morning thats a problem.

I guess my point is is that even when I do I can't handle it. And from a mental stand point the aftermath :smh:

OP I believe you just go to the point of no return and do not stop at your limit. I grab a couple of beers while studying, just all in how you take liquor. Also I cut way back on hard liquor 

There's nothing wrong with not drinking. Being depressed as hell the next day happens. You got that blackout anxiety plus alcohol is a depressant to begin with.

I just got out of rehab a month ago. I am 35 and now 64 days sober and in the middle of my 90 for 90. Alcohol is a terrible thing for your whole body. You might not have a problem but I did. If you can just give that **** up man. If you run into any problems have any questions or just need some one to talk to pm me I will give you my number. Alcohol ain't no joke man

Yeah basically. You don't sound like you have a bad drinking problem but it is never going to do you any favors. Just dog it altogether.

Not sure what your long-term goal is OP, but I decided to give up drinking completely.  I'm only like 10 days in, but obviously it's 1 day at a time.  I'll be 30 this year and have been drinking/partying the last 15 years.  I'd say the vast majority of my times drinking were amazing, but the one constant of everything bad that I've done or been involved in in those years has been alcohol.  I decided I needed to cut it out of my life completely.  My PM is always open if you want to chat.  I'm not saying I have all the answers, because this is all fairly new to me as well, but I've found that talking is very helpful.  One of the most helpful things I've read is that if you want to get sober you need to tell the world. 

Back
Top Bottom