FETTY WAP is the hottest artist in hip-hop right now

"Can't knock the next mans hustle". That phrase has been used as cover for untalented people to exploit the culture for personal profit to the detriment of everyone else.

i wouldnt be surprised if he sold more than game, lyor got too much power in the industry

he already flopped with migos and thug, i'll be shocked if he strikes out 3 times since fetty got all these hits

Last edited:
type of way and versace was just as big as all of fettys singles on billboard and both wasnt close to top 10

you cant tell me politics plays no part in it

I agree. Other than "Trap Queen " of course.

That's why this is strange to me. I swear, I heard Type of Way and Versace at way more clubs and parties and on the radio....than 679 or Again.

But you're telling me those are top 5 hits? Something doesn't add up.

Bruh who the **** cares if he sells 10k albums?

Do pitbull and flo rida sale albums?
Hell no.

These dudes ain't Kendrick, Cole, or Kanye.
They don't have an album buying fan base.

They collect checks off of singles that sell millions.

You really think fetty Wap or young thug care about their album sales the same way Kanye or Cole do? They don't invest even 1/1000th the work that artists like Kanye and Cole do in their albums. Those guys create their own music.

Thugger, flo rida, pitbull, fetty, these dudes are entertainers man.

They make money off of making women dance and dudes listen to their singles in the whip on the radio.

If you're evaluating his success off his first week sales it shows how much you know about this industry :lol:

And :lol: @ wanting to see him fail. That's some loser type feelings right there. Hoping he doesn't sell albums so his career can end.. What kinda jealous hateful type stuff is that? Did dude sleep with your gf?

So much hate :lol:

I agree. Other than "Trap Queen " of course.

That's why this is strange to me. I swear, I heard Type of Way and Versace at way more clubs and parties and on the radio....than 679 or Again.

But you're telling me those are top 5 hits? Something doesn't add up.
then when migos sign to 300, handsome and wealthy & fight night are bigger hits than versace

politics b

type of way and versace was just as big as all of fettys singles on billboard and both wasnt close to top 10

you cant tell me politics plays no part in it

Those songs were nowhere near as popular man. Fetty is getting a loooot of streams and sales from white people, black people, latinos, everybody.

Type of Way and Versace were hood anthems. Name another radio station besides the hip hop joint in your city that played those songs. Fetty is on the pop and rap stations fam. Completely different.

I just feel like Fetty and 300 put way more money behind his promotion than they did Migos

Last edited:
Those songs were nowhere near as popular man. Fetty is getting a loooot of streams and sales from white people, black people, latinos, everybody.

Type of Way and Versace were hood anthems. Name another radio station besides the hip hop joint in your city that played those songs. Fetty is on the pop and rap stations fam. Completely different.

I just feel like Fetty and 300 put way more money behind his promotion than they did Migos
this. Fetty Wap has crossed over to pop. Hear his songs on z100 all the time. 

Last edited:
That Taylor Swift look in front of that massive crowd (60k??) could be one of the biggest lobs ever

Bruh who the **** cares if he sells 10k albums?

Do pitbull and flo rida sale albums?
Hell no.

These dudes ain't Kendrick, Cole, or Kanye.
They don't have an album buying fan base.

They collect checks off of singles that sell millions.

You really think fetty Wap or young thug care about their album sales the same way Kanye or Cole do? They don't invest even 1/1000th the work that artists like Kanye and Cole do in their albums. Those guys create their own music.

Thugger, flo rida, pitbull, fetty, these dudes are entertainers man.

They make money off of making women dance and dudes listen to their singles in the whip on the radio.

If you're evaluating his success off his first week sales it shows how much you know about this industry
laugh.gif

And
laugh.gif
@ wanting to see him fail. That's some loser type feelings right there. Hoping he doesn't sell albums so his career can end.. What kinda jealous hateful type stuff is that? Did dude sleep with your gf?

So much hate
laugh.gif
I needed to read this cuz I was semi hating...

Last edited:
Game will easily do more than Fetty Wap first week. Don't disrespect the Doctor's Advocate. Jayceon has lost steam but he's not gonna lose to a rookie first week. Fetty runs the summer but how many FANS does he have? Jayceon has been in the game for a decade!

I think the ppl "hating" on him just really dislike his music and direction that music is going in. So when ppl say they dont want him to succeed and flop it isnt as personal as you think it is. I personally dont care for dude, i dont think hes good even in a lane of rap that i dont have high expectations for. But its whatever ill continue to ignore his existence. Ive found that to be the best way to deal with these types of artists

Liking or not liking his music is one thing.

Wanting him to fall off and be broke is some hating **** though. You can say he's wack/you don't like his music without wanting his son to be hungry you sucker *** ******
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I have noticed a real change in attitudes over the past several years when it comes to people's interpretations of others opinions. They can accept all the praise and accolades, but can't handle any of the criticism or negative feedback. Since when did it become "hating" to say something sucks? Anyone in here say they hope Fetty goes broke and has to move back to the hood? The dudes music to a lot of people, including myself simply sucks. If that is hating then so be it

I have noticed a real change in attitudes over the past several years when it comes to people's interpretations of others opinions. They can accept all the praise and accolades, but can't handle any of the criticism or negative feedback. Since when did it become "hating" to say something sucks? Anyone in here say they hope Fetty goes broke and has to move back to the hood? The dudes music to a lot of people, including myself simply sucks. If that is hating then so be it

This. Plus, when have we seen guys like Fetty Wap actually sustain this success and turn it into a long career? Cause I can't think of many, if any at all. It's not "hating" to basically say all that because we've seen this over and over before, not just in rap but music period.

Oh and especially in this internet age, people chew you up and spit you out the second somebody more catchy comes along.

Fetty is doing a good job cashing in on his 15 minutes if anything. And if he's really focused he'll find a way to extend it. Hell Future made a lane for himself and quite a few people felt the same way about him at first. It's all about creating a style that you can run with.

I can definitely understand people not liking it though, it's not the most endearing sound.

Fetty is doing a good job cashing in on his 15 minutes if anything. And if he's really focused he'll find a way to extend it. Hell Future made a lane for himself and quite a few people felt the same way about him at first. It's all about creating a style that you can run with.

I can definitely understand people not liking it though, it's not the most endearing sound.
I dislike most of his music but I'd be a fool to deny how catchy his records are. He has a great sense of melody.

He just dropped a Trap ****** freestyle

Back
Top Bottom