FETTY WAP is the hottest artist in hip-hop right now

Y'all say the same **** whenever somebody new come out, especially when they got a different sound. They wack in the beginning then a few months later it's "What tracks/mixtapes do I need to check out? [emoji]128064[/emoji]"

i'ma just sit back and watch.

Y'all say the same **** whenever somebody new come out, especially when they got a different sound. They wack in the beginning then a few months later it's "What tracks/mixtapes do I need to check out? [emoji]128064[/emoji]"

:lol: so damn true, the Internet age has created millions upon million of pseudo "rap music hipsters". Majority of these guys don't even know what they like anymore they just rock with what they feel is what their "supposed to like" or they go against popular opinion and claim said artist is wack and their time bubbling or being "relevant" is limited. After that said artist proves otherwise all the detractors then become "day one supporters". I like to call it the "Future Syndrome"

Last edited:
I think the ppl "hating" on him just really dislike his music and direction that music is going in. So when ppl say they dont want him to succeed and flop it isnt as personal as you think it is. I personally dont care for dude, i dont think hes good even in a lane of rap that i dont have high expectations for. But its whatever ill continue to ignore his existence. Ive found that to be the best way to deal with these types of artists

I have noticed a real change in attitudes over the past several years when it comes to people's interpretations of others opinions. They can accept all the praise and accolades, but can't handle any of the criticism or negative feedback. Since when did it become "hating" to say something sucks? Anyone in here say they hope Fetty goes broke and has to move back to the hood? The dudes music to a lot of people, including myself simply sucks. If that is hating then so be it

View media item 970349

As a proud hater of dude's music, the last thing on my mind is "oh, but how's he gonna feed his kids if he doesn't make music anymore?" The supporters will look to any other excuse other than the actual music to sing their praises.

If he's the hustler and go-getter he claims (or any other whack "artist"), he can hustle in another lane that doesn't involve making trash noise to be put out over the airwaves.

This assumption that a music hater just wants nothing but all the bad things in life to happen to a trash rapper is absurd.

You really think people are really checking in for Fetty like that? He's as good as his latest hit record, nobody is gonna dig through his catalog

Particularly in mainstream. Never heard those songs get play outside the Internet.

It's like 300 Ent is paying for Charting and Soundcloud listens lol.

That's exactly what 300 and his team is doing, a lot of their plays are generic and paid for but that's how you gotta do it today, I ain't even mad at them for milking it :lol:

type of way and versace was just as big as all of fettys singles on billboard and both wasnt close to top 10

you cant tell me politics plays no part in it

Those songs were nowhere near as popular man. Fetty is getting a loooot of streams and sales from white people, black people, latinos, everybody.

Type of Way and Versace were hood anthems. Name another radio station besides the hip hop joint in your city that played those songs. Fetty is on the pop and rap stations fam. Completely different.

I just feel like Fetty and 300 put way more money behind his promotion than they did Migos

Like I said above, they definitely put a lot of money into Fetty.

Did he or his team ever reach out to you about the track they did on your beat? :nerd:

Anyone supporting this is just as wack as Fetty Wap is, point blank PERIOD

dem feels

The hate is real fam, I don't even rock with his music like that but I'm happy to see the attention it's bringing to the city, especially for artist on the come up like A.P Da Don who's really been capitalizing off the momentum :smokin

Last edited:
how long do one trick ponies usually last

its only a matter of time before people get tired of this whining he does

YouTube (and now other sites) have extended the careers of a lot of artists similar to him. Before then, if you were a one hit wonder, you were just that, never to be heard from again. Can't really call him a one hit wonders though,since he has like 4, but he definitely would be one of those artists that vanished if this was like 2004 or something

internet outlets just give those types of rappers a platform to be heard after their mainstream run dies out, thats why the rap game is over saturated because anybody could claim themselves as a rapper

:lol: so damn true, the Internet age has created millions upon million of pseudo "rap music hipsters". Majority of these guys don't even know what they like anymore they just rock with what they feel is what their "supposed to like" or they go against popular opinion and claim said artist is wack and their time bubbling or being "relevant" is limited. After that said artist proves otherwise all the detractors then become "day one supporters". I like to call it the "Future Syndrome"

Or one can just simply think it's trash.

future drop another tape dudes gonna call it a classic, then say nobody ever had a 5-peat in rap history

Gucci had the 3, 4, and 5 peat. Just wasn't a twitter or IG back then

dipset did not have a 5 peat, juelz debut was mediocre

jay had a 4-peat (vol 2, vol3, dynasty and blueprint)

Ain't no hate in my blood at all. I don't even operate like that :lol:. I'm purely speaking facts, and the truth is synonymous with hate in 2015. If anyone honestly thinks his music is great/dope, and you are actively promoting it like it's a quality piece of art, then to ME...your opinion on music loses some of its validity, and your taste is subject to the court of opinion. It is what it is.

He won't be around in 2 years, so why should I care?

I'm just disappointed in the countless people that lack the ability to see the forest before the trees, and constantly bring up this "tryna put food on the table" angle as a justification for it. This rhetoric is weak, and it disrespects the art form. Once again money>art. All you dudes care about is numbers! Well art was here before it had a monetary value and it will always be here.

Invest in those who are great. Investing time and money in people that aren't even more talented than the every day person, and making them filthy rich...that's pathetic to me. I would only invest in someone who I feel can do what I can't. Someone that has something special to offer. But people these days just accept any and everything :lol:. It's all good tho, yall carry on...

I think the thing is some of y'all forget there's a time and place for everything, there's a lane for everyone. I assume its the over saturation of guys in a particular lane that has y'all feeling the way you do towards the rap game on a whole and I can agree but I think everyone should be able to divide their taste for whatever/whenever.

Nas is my favorite rapper but sometimes I just wanna listen to a banger in the whip. I used to hate Future's music, Tony Montana wasn't hot to me at all. Then he dropped Turn On The Lights and it was moreso an every other song type of thing :lol: Now this stretch he's been on I can really mess with.

The older I get, the less I care about the unwritten rules of the game if we wanna call them that. Unless I really think its trash, I just take it for what it is.

You are 100% right. There is a time and a place for everything. And there is a lane for everything. I listen to so many genres of music...I'm not just some "hip-hop head" that thinks rap has to sound one way.

I'm just saying the balance is nowhere to be found these days. Before, the "hottest rapper in the game" used to get that distinction by making the best music. Considering NT has made this exact same post back to back months with Future and now Fetty Wap...it's obvious that the distinction "hottest in the game" isn't based on who makes the best work. It's only based on who is popular and has some numbers.

I'll take Ja Rule singing Down *** ***** over this N any day :lol:

Last edited:
A lot of you guys don't even know Fetty comes from a strong musical background, he and his family been in the church choir scene for decades, really talented musicians. Gucci didn't teach him about music, he been doing it since he was a kid.

Again, not a huge fan of the music but he has an ear for music and his production team is LIT between RGF/Peoples & Boogs so I'm not gonna say he won't be around in 2 years. He might not be dropping hit after hit on the charts but he definitely has potential to stick around for a while if he takes advantage of his opportunities.

we are in a short attention span generation

if fetty isnt putting out fire consistently next year, its over for him

people are gonna expect every song to be hot now since he came in the game like this

Back
Top Bottom