FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Originally Posted by mints

I'm not sure if they'll be around in shops in a few weeks, but luckily there's little to no hype buzz on these so they aren't going for too much on ebay.

As far as info goes I don't think there's anyone else in New Orleans reading this thread, but if there is, Sports Plus has these.

lemme get that address 5...i need these $$*+%. 

PM sent, but like I said in the message, as far as I know they don't ship or do phone orders.

Forgive me, but rather than gravedig, I'm gonna get a little Wally on yall & do this tangent...

This is my favorite sneaker model right here...Nike Air Cross Trainer Low 1988

My favorite colorway is one I can't even find a picture of...white/wine...just replace the fire red hits above with this wine color found also on the TWII...

It's not too often cross trainer fans get what we want...so that is my plug using the short-term visibility
of this thread.

Actually - there are 6 or 7 og colorways of the Nike Air Cross Trainer Low that I would buy.
The Nike Air Cross Trainer II Low is my second favorite all time pair (which I pictured a couple pages back.)

So what if they are plain.
Ya it looks like Bo has on the non-air version in the interview above.
Telling yall - including myself, I can remember 5 or 6 people in my grade alone that had the Air Cross Trainer Low.
One of my friends was rich. He always had the Air Jordan (or Nike Air Trainer SC II High) or whatever...
but he was a follower rather than a leader & when he saw everybody rockin trainers in school ('87/'88 6th grade)...
he realized he got caught sleeping & went to go get his...and all he could find in his size was the Nike Cross Trainer
white/blue like the the one's Bo rockin above. At the time, I honest thought Nike put the "Air" on the back arbitrarily,
but I realize now what had happened. Ha. Cool story to me.

Joints in my official Top 10 list yet to be retro'd:

Nike Air Cross Trainer Low
Nike Air Cross Trainer II Low
Nike Air Force V Low

and that's it (my 'top two dozen' list though is different story...

Don't get me wrong Rhino,  because I love those as well, and really appreciate the simplicity of them, but I don't see a retro happening- there isn't enough "pizazz" and most folks wouldn't even begin to appreciate a retro of those.

If I could see anything tennis related retro in the next year or so I would be through the roof if we got some tech challenges like jimmy connors rocked when he "came back" at the Us Open ('91?) and or the supreme court line that Courier rocked in the mid 90s.   Talk about some sick midfoot strap beasts!  I loved those in the cincy reds and aqua/grape cws.

Perhaps Wally can humor us with some images or even Sinner P?

how nice would it be if nike re-released some clothing to go with these quickstrikes, like some old school bo jackson t-shirts or something like that. I would literally PISS my pants!!! bring it nike!!

Nah, I haven't seen ANYTHING on the tennis-related front regarding retros. If anything, I guess it'd be the ATC IV's, since they were relatively iconic (looks-wise). Just pure speculation, of course.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Nah, I haven't seen ANYTHING on the tennis-related front regarding retros. If anything, I guess it'd be the ATC IV's, since they were relatively iconic (looks-wise). Just pure speculation, of course.

I still say nike should get the ATC III right before they move onto any other vintage tennis shoes.  Imagine seeing a legit Tech III retro DONE RIGHT.  

Thanks for the heads up on Sneakerhead...managed to get an 11 in the Citrons...now I just need the Infrareds. Any help on those? Are they gonna be on NDC at midnight tonight?

Thanks for the Sneakerhead update. I just bought the last size 10 of the infareds. Now I need the Citrons. Shout out to Wallyhopp,Raydio5,trethousandt's and everyone else for all of the updates and info provided on this classic shoe
pimp.gif

Hi guys,
Anyone know any sites that ship to Canada? I too missed out on the sneakerhead restock...

Yeah, I distinctly remember school shoe shopping in August of 1990 at the age of 9. I really wanted the Air Jordan V, but my parents didnt want to pay that much until christmas. We ended up going to Weiners (lol) and they always had a whole barrage of shoes. Thats when I fell in love with Trainers. They had the Auburn Trainer SC III, or better know today as the SC. I wonder why Nike didnt label them the same 8 years later when retroed ( Wally? ). Anyway, I wanted them real bad, but my parents opted to get me LA Gear which I still thought was cool at the time with their wanna be air units. But if Weiners had the SC III in August of 90, then they must have been out for a while, leading to confirm Wallys Timeline of the SC II and SC III. Im still wearing my 98 Auburns, which amazingly are holding up pretty good. Wally can you believe I bought an NDS pair of 98 Auburns 2 years ago for 75 shipped. I can believe the havent fallen apart on me.  Thats awesome for 13 year old shoes with polyurethane midsoles.
smile.gif

Also, I place an order through Sneaker Bistro for another set of SC II's. They said because of the Hurricane, they probably wont ship out til Monday or Tuesday. Is Sneaker Bistro pretty good with phone orders?

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

LOL @ the vicious amount of TMI
laugh.gif
Just playing it up a little for a laugh.
laugh.gif

So I was able to get a pair of Infrareds locally yesterday, and they have the EXACT same gash like crease running along the midsole of the left shoe that my Citron/Teals have.

I have a second pair of each coming next week from Sneaker Bistro. Hopefully they will be a little less creased. If not, oh well. I tried.

I'm kind of on the fence about wearing these now or waiting until the beginning of next summer to break them out. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to wear them, but they seem like an awesome hot weather summer shoe and the current summer is all but done.

Success. Now if only rain wasn't in the forecast for the rest of the week I could actually wear these out.
SCII1.jpg

SCII2.jpg

Originally Posted by PainBL

I'm dying to wear them, but they seem like an awesome hot weather summer shoe and the current summer is all but done.
it's still 100 degrees here in alabama!

been keeping my eye on this thread for a while now... appreciate all the info given.  now i just need to start my hunt.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

it's still 100 degrees here in alabama! 
You guys (the south) and my family in the east stole all of California's heat this year.
wink.gif

But don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining about it. LOL.

Hopefully will be able to cop both QS online tonight. Do you guys think these will sell out right away on NDC?

Originally Posted by PainBL

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

LOL @ the vicious amount of TMI
laugh.gif
Just playing it up a little for a laugh.
laugh.gif

So I was able to get a pair of Infrareds locally yesterday, and they have the EXACT same gash like crease running along the midsole of the left shoe that my Citron/Teals have.

I have a second pair of each coming next week from Sneaker Bistro. Hopefully they will be a little less creased. If not, oh well. I tried.

I'm kind of on the fence about wearing these now or waiting until the beginning of next summer to break them out. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to wear them, but they seem like an awesome hot weather summer shoe and the current summer is all but done.

Waiting til next summer? Ive waited for 22 years. I couldnt wait for next summer..haha

Originally Posted by El Bro

Yeah, I distinctly remember school shoe shopping in August of 1990 at the age of 9. I really wanted the Air Jordan V, but my parents didnt want to pay that much until christmas. We ended up going to Weiners (lol) and they always had a whole barrage of shoes. Thats when I fell in love with Trainers. They had the Auburn Trainer SC III, or better know today as the SC. I wonder why Nike didnt label them the same 8 years later when retroed ( Wally? ). Anyway, I wanted them real bad, but my parents opted to get me LA Gear which I still thought was cool at the time with their wanna be air units. But if Weiners had the SC III in August of 90, then they must have been out for a while, leading to confirm Wallys Timeline of the SC II and SC III. Im still wearing my 98 Auburns, which amazingly are holding up pretty good. Wally can you believe I bought an NDS pair of 98 Auburns 2 years ago for 75 shipped. I can believe the havent fallen apart on me.  Thats awesome for 13 year old shoes with polyurethane midsoles.
smile.gif

Also, I place an order through Sneaker Bistro for another set of SC II's. They said because of the Hurricane, they probably wont ship out til Monday or Tuesday. Is Sneaker Bistro pretty good with phone orders? 
AYE, EL BRO, MANNN.... I KNOW U GOTTA BE FROM H-TOWN, CUZ U TOOK IT ALLLL THE WAY BACK TO SHOPPIN' AT WEINER'S!LOL. MAN, U BROUGHT BACK SOME GOOD MEMORIES WIT' THAT ONE. WEINER'S HELD MANY OF US DOWN IN THE "H" BACK IN THE DAY,LOL. HOLLA...CED B.

Originally Posted by El Bro

Yeah, I distinctly remember school shoe shopping in August of 1990 at the age of 9. I really wanted the Air Jordan V, but my parents didnt want to pay that much until christmas. We ended up going to Weiners (lol) and they always had a whole barrage of shoes. Thats when I fell in love with Trainers. They had the Auburn Trainer SC III, or better know today as the SC. I wonder why Nike didnt label them the same 8 years later when retroed ( Wally? ). Anyway, I wanted them real bad, but my parents opted to get me LA Gear which I still thought was cool at the time with their wanna be air units. But if Weiners had the SC III in August of 90, then they must have been out for a while, leading to confirm Wallys Timeline of the SC II and SC III. Im still wearing my 98 Auburns, which amazingly are holding up pretty good. Wally can you believe I bought an NDS pair of 98 Auburns 2 years ago for 75 shipped. I can believe the havent fallen apart on me.Thats awesomefor 13 year old shoes with polyurethane midsoles.
smile.gif

Yea the release dates were like that. I remember my grandmotherbuying me my tech challenge ii's in august of 1989 (right before thestart of 3rd grade for myself)(clay/orange) yet I've had arguments withpeople that have told me the tech challenge ii wasn't released in 89 rather 1990(certain colors were).As for sneaker bistro they are legit so noworries with that, long island got hit pretty bad with the hurricaneand some areas still don't have power. Just to give u an idea of what itdid, this is what it looked like a few blocks from my house

Back
Top Bottom