(FINALLY GOT EM BACK DS PAIR...PIC ON PAGE 10) AIR JORDAN XI COOL GREY's LET'S HAVE A DISCUSSION

These released before I was really into Jordans, but I wish I coulda gotten a pair back then. I have my eyes on a pair right now, but I need a little more forthem. These are probably the best retro+ imo, the grey patent + white laces/midsole makes them sooooooo nice

Originally Posted by RetroSniper

Elder Watson Diggs, I SERIOUSLY prefer Soft Batch from them Keebs
laugh.gif

I feel dude though, I think we're just getting older and the world is a little colder so all of us twenty-somethings are a little chapped at the guys on here who are still young and haven't blown all their opportunities to have a simple,easy life.

I think the guy who wants a cookie is still in high school so maybe he is just puffing his chest out, but I've noticed a lot of bashing from us so-called "OG heads" to the younger crowd just because they like Fusions or weren't old enough to watch MJ hoop or whatever. . . .

People have gotten mighty nosy lately on this forum about who spends what on what, who likes what, etc. when we should just be sharing info and pics, and trying to help each other get the kiccs we need. . . .
No doubt, I don't think there should be any bashing based on age or whatever. I thinkwe should all respect each others differences and upbringings and experiences even if you don't necessarily agree with it.

andfattoo's situation was different than than the other guy, he may not have worked in H.S. because he (or hisparents) DECIDED that his time was better served as a student/athlete and not working. I guess that plan worked out for him...with his future occupation (Iaint gonna put you out there like that homie
laugh.gif
) i think he'll be justfine.

Back on topic though...it's OFFICIAL my sweet lady has procured a pair of DS Cool Grey's in my size off ofEbay!!!! 8 years later and FINALLY I will have my favorite pair of shoes EVER!!!

I have memories of this shoe. I arrived at the mall late (with my mother, because I was still a couple years from driving). There were no buy limits, and theywere all purchased from Champs within minutes. I was devastated (Coolest show ever). I ended up tracking a pair down for $300 on here. Got scammed (http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx helped me out, and got my money back a few months later). I have not purchased a pair ofshoes online since.

It was very discouraging and I ended up not wearing shoes I had purchased previously, and stockpiled them in my closet. I just cracked open 5 boxes of BNIBshoes from 2000-2001, most are worth double (or more) than what I paid.

I agree with a re-release, I still want these in my collection, along with the blk/white/indigo XIV (I used to rock those in bball).

136017-002-400.jpg

Originally Posted by AJ Kickz

I have memories of this shoe. I arrived at the mall late (with my mother, because I was still a couple years from driving). There were no buy limits, and they were all purchased from Champs within minutes. I was devastated (Coolest show ever). I ended up tracking a pair down for $300 on here. Got scammed (http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx helped me out, and got my money back a few months later). I have not purchased a pair of shoes online since.

It was very discouraging and I ended up not wearing shoes I had purchased previously, and stockpiled them in my closet. I just cracked open 5 boxes of BNIB shoes from 2000-2001, most are worth double (or more) than what I paid.

I agree with a re-release, I still want these in my collection, along with the blk/white/indigo XIV (I used to rock those in bball).

136017-002-400.jpg

i was at work when this shoe release, but sent a homie to pick up my pair... the line was so crazy the store closed the doors, thentricked ppl to come back at a certain time so i missd out!!!!

I remember how insane the release was in Huntsville, AL. Only 48 pairs for a city of 200,000; one of my friends was able to get his pair, and rocked them witha suit to church that day. Craziest thing ever. Dudes were looking at them and whispering to each other in the pews.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by RetroSniper

Elder Watson Diggs, I SERIOUSLY prefer Soft Batch from them Keebs
laugh.gif

I feel dude though, I think we're just getting older and the world is a little colder so all of us twenty-somethings are a little chapped at the guys on here who are still young and haven't blown all their opportunities to have a simple,easy life.

I think the guy who wants a cookie is still in high school so maybe he is just puffing his chest out, but I've noticed a lot of bashing from us so-called "OG heads" to the younger crowd just because they like Fusions or weren't old enough to watch MJ hoop or whatever. . . .

People have gotten mighty nosy lately on this forum about who spends what on what, who likes what, etc. when we should just be sharing info and pics, and trying to help each other get the kiccs we need. . . .
No doubt, I don't think there should be any bashing based on age or whatever. I think we should all respect each others differences and upbringings and experiences even if you don't necessarily agree with it.

andfattoo's situation was different than than the other guy, he may not have worked in H.S. because he (or his parents) DECIDED that his time was better served as a student/athlete and not working. I guess that plan worked out for him...with his future occupation (I aint gonna put you out there like that homie
laugh.gif
) i think he'll be just fine.

Back on topic though...it's OFFICIAL my sweet lady has procured a pair of DS Cool Grey's in my size off of Ebay!!!! 8 years later and FINALLY I will have my favorite pair of shoes EVER!!!
At least someone sees what im talking about...... but congrats on the Cool greys man, its funny how turns around.

man it was crazy here in seattle. peeps camped out at niketown on thrusday night for these. it was ridiculous. got man hooked up at foot locker tho

To state the obvious, can any Jordan release be more significant than the first? The one that caused so much controversy in the NBA and saved Nike as acompany? Also throw in the III, IV, and V which ultimately set the tone for design in not only the Jordan line, but basketball shoes in general at that time.To me, the XI did something similar for the 90's (see the inspiration for the Reebok Question) that the III, IV, and V did, but this CG is a retro. You maybe onto something though, since many still talk about the craziness of this release. However, definitely not even close to the most significant nor the bestrelease. You chose a good model though, I'm a Blk/Red XI fan myself.

ANYONE ANYONE PLEASE I NEED A SIZE 12 COOL GRAY XI SIZE 12 IN ALMOST ANY CONDITION I NEED A PAIR TO WEAR DROP ME A PM

These are the first 11's that I have bought and I think the cg colorway is nice. Some beg to differ, but I like the color gray.

Walked into FootLocker, Meadowhall Sheffield, UK and picked them up on the sales racks for £39.99.

Beautiful shoes.

I agree one of the best jordans ever.. i actually bought my pair from a reseller for 225.00 it was worth it

Originally Posted by Fang Bian Mian

Walked into FootLocker, Meadowhall Sheffield, UK and picked them up on the sales racks for £39.99.

Beautiful shoes.

nice pic
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Well anyway my girlfriend at the time and I got in a serious argument and she cut up my last pair of Cool Grey's with a some sharp utility scissors.
I think I remember this story. Could be wrong tho.

I remember that was my first early J's release, moms drove me, my cuzzo, and my mans to the Colonial Park Mall (Since we figured everyone would be at theEast Mall) Get there at 7am thinkin we beat ppl to the punch, we were wrong. Stood outside the store for an hour until the guard came out and said there wereonly 6pairs and they were rafflin em off.
smh.gif
Meanwhile, my mans was at the East Mall and came here to try and cop a pair for himself since he had no luck atthe other mall. Told us that they ripped the gate down and rushed the employees at every store that had em (3-4 total) It was crazy.

I still want a pair but I know dudes gon be trippin on the price so I'm content with not havin em

Originally Posted by skep

cool grey on sales rack?????

In those days nearly every Jordan (esp Retro) made it into the sales in UK.

Thesedays, now that everybody's a 'sneaker collector' (eugh) things have changed.

frown.gif

not the best 11s but a must. i remember getting mine for like $75. hehe. cant find that kind of deal anymore.

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

Originally Posted by Respect Is 23

One of my favs, i was a sophomore in high school when they released and moms wasnt about to drop 100+ on me for shoes so i missed out on a lot of heat back then.
hmmmm, I been buyin my own shoes since my freshman year, when I was 14-15. I dont see how dudes can be in high school and not be able to get money to buy things they want.

Not everybody's situation is the same.
again,
"I dont see how dudes can be in high school and not be able to get money to buy things they want. "

So if you cant work because you play sport every season during the year and have AP and accelerated classes, plus your parents dont want to pay for 125 dollar pair of shoes..... how are you goin to get the money?
you basically just outlined my life
laugh.gif
. I been playing sports from my freshman through junior year, only stopping now that Im a senior (because my foots been broken several times and isnt healing right because the doctors are lames and stuff). And Im taking 5 AP classes and 3 honors classes, and I work 14 hours every weekend, which is enough for me to buy what I want and saveplenty money too. Your argument as to how full someones schedule may be doesnt really work for me.

People always want to complain they dont have time to do things but really they dont want to do those things. They feel the world owes them something and that something is time off. Yeah its nice, but its definetely not needed. I mean my PreCalc teacher played football for his college, kept his grades up and worked 2 jobs. Thats something I can admire.

Yeah i was on the Varsity squad,focusing on school, subject of divorced parents, had a younger brother who as only about 5 at the time...so you can get theidea that money for shoes was not the main idea in my house. So "getting money to buy things i want" wasnt easy. But its all good, cuz now i have ajob to get the "things" i want because of my rough up bringing....

Back
Top Bottom