Finishing up Bachelor's degree at 25

They can easily figure out how old you are just by asking a few pointed questions

Either way, don't let it be an obstacle. Not a big deal
It's a moot point because like everyone else said, 99.99% of employers will not care, but what questions could they ask to deduce that he's 25 and not 22/23?
True, the difference is negligible, so it doesn't matter.

For example, they can hone in on the gaps in employment dates on his resume if he has any.

Last edited:
High school gpa? Forreal? Why would they even need to get that info?

I'm 7 years removed from HS and never had anyone ask for my HS gpa. Hell my college one rarely comes up

They ask for this in grad school / MBA apps. SAT scores are also fair game.

Never got asked for it when actually applying for jobs, but maybe my GPA was evidence enough

Last edited:
I disagree man that stuff can follow you forever. I just had my high school GPA pulled last year by an employer. High school fam.

What job was this for? I've never heard of somebody doing that before.

GPA comes up in every finance position. I never had my high school one come up, but college GPA was always one of the first questions I got in interviews. Probably why I never got offers :smh: Anti how did your GPA look in college? Good/decent?

Last edited:

They ask for this in grad school / MBA apps. SAT scores are also fair game.

Never got asked for it when actually applying for jobs, but maybe my GPA was evidence enough
FvYNa.gif

GPA comes up in every finance position. Probably why I never got offers
mean.gif
Anti how did your GPA look in college? Good/decent?
In my opinion my undergrad GPA was garbage. 

I disagree man that stuff can follow you forever. I just had my high school GPA pulled last year by an employer. High school fam.
What job was this for? I've never heard of somebody doing that before.
Yeah its definitely not the norm, but it happens. It was a finance job.

Last edited:
I guess I just suck at interviews
laugh.gif
So do I. It's all bad over here bro. I had a spreadsheet where I tracked my in person interview/offer success rate. Its far from pretty.

Last edited:
I don't remember my hs gpa. My SAT score wasn't that good. My undergrad gpa was good though and I graduated with honors. Going to send out my resume soon. Will be weird if they ask about high school grades in interviews. I'd tell them I did aight.

I feel you man, its humbling. I've had it go both ways from the feeling you described, to interviews being stopped in their tracks and the L being handed to me on the spot. 

FvYNa.gif

I honestly have no idea what my high school GPA was. Probably like a 2.8 or something. Do they ask you to get your official high school transcript sent over to them or just rely on whatever you tell them it was?

Last edited:

FvYNa.gif

I honestly have no idea what my high school GPA was. Probably like a 2.8 or something. Do they ask you to get your official high school transcript sent over to them or just rely on whatever you tell them it was?
They called the high school administration to verify it, and in order to do that I had to fill out a form for my HS and provide authorization to release it.

I had to put down a figure on the app too, but that I spit balled, but I had a decent idea of what it was at least to the tenths place.

Last edited:
GPA comes up in every finance position. I never had my high school one come up, but college GPA was always one of the first questions I got in interviews. Probably why I never got offers :smh: Anti how did your GPA look in college? Good/decent?

Man I literally had to wait for that one interviewer to overlook it and NOT ask why my GPA was omitted from resume, before I actually got a job. :lol:

Congrats Op. Got my BBA at 22. Worked some decent jobs right after graduating. Got laid off for a lil bit. Shoulda used that time to go to grad school :smh:

I'm 26 now, with a new job at a good company. Ain't bout this 9-5 life though. Sht draining. But keep grinding OP.

25 and a bachelors with experience ain't bad at all.

I didn't get my Bachelors Degree until I was 33. 

As mentioned before, it shows that you are persistent and can work through hardships. 

I slacked off and dropped some classes my first couple years so it's been a struggle trying to get my GPA up. I'll probably graduate with around a 2.8 or so and that's a long way from where it was at the beginning. Is that automatically going to disqualify me from some jobs?

I slacked off and dropped some classes my first couple years so it's been a struggle trying to get my GPA up. I'll probably graduate with around a 2.8 or so and that's a long way from where it was at the beginning. Is that automatically going to disqualify me from some jobs?
In my experience employers asked for my transcript only after I was hired. 

I don't think it plays a big part. If they like you, they like you. 

Some jobs? Probably, some places have GPA floors and your resume just wont get pulled off the strength. That being said there are exceptions to everything and transcripts tell a story. Just tell them that you wised up and got serious about school and that your grades were on the upswing, or just omit it from your resume and move forward. You're at an age where you can do that. I think you will be fine man 

Some jobs sure, but where it's realistically more likely to really hurt you is direct recruiting efforts at your University. On campus interviews that you have to qualify for etc.

I've never been on an interview where they ask for your GPA.

Sure, some jobs where they ask for it....it may be a drawback....but the great thing about a BBA degree is the versatility it gives you. Marketing, Advertising, and Project management have some good gigs with good careers....and they typically don't ask for GPA's.

You also gotta know how to finesse outchea :nerd:

I've never been on an interview where they ask for your GPA.

Sure, some jobs where they ask for it....it may be a drawback....but the great thing about a BBA degree is the versatility it gives you. Marketing, Advertising, and Project management have some good gigs with good careers....and they typically don't ask for GPA's.

You also gotta know how to finesse outchea :nerd:

I would honestly love to get a good job in marketing or advertising. I live in NC and I wanna try to get in with the Hornets.

Back
Top Bottom