FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Oscars fish tacos. If you are ever in SD you must come here, perfect after Saturday day drinking
One of the most memorable spots in SD when I went. Smoked fish > fried fish by a longgggggg shot.

Carne Asada fries were exactly as I imagined, good, but I wasn't wowed. I hate to sound like a tough critic |I.

Chipotle to me, is decent...I don't consider it authentic Mexican food though. It's a "healthier" spin on it I suppose.

I love Chipotle for what it is, in the same way I absolutely love In n Out for what it is in it's own respect.

Carne Asada Fries are just Nachos but instead of tortilla chips they sub in fries

^^ i live down the street from Baldos :lol: i have it all the time

not saying Baldos has the best, SD for sure has it better

Last edited:
I don't understand how some of yall have never had carne asada fries :lol:

its like saying you've never had Chipotle. 

Outside of Cali, CAF is really scarce though. It'd have to be a spot where the owners were originally from SoCal or something. Or they visited and they tried to replicate it... but I've been to the midwest and they had absolutely NO idea what CAF were. :lol:

Carne Asada Fries are just Nachos but instead of tortilla chips they sub in fries

If that's what you think, then you haven't had carne asade fries papi

If you really think about it, he's not that far off. I mean, the biggest difference between CAF/Super Fries and Super Nachos is that the nachos are used with tortilla chips and they add pico de gallo.

Everything else is pretty much the same: refried beans, carne asada, sour gream, guac and cheese.

Last edited:
the el farolito in SF lets you bring in your own fries to replace the tortilla chips for the price of super nachos

Last edited:
I live in ny. I don't know any spots with carne asada fries. Someone mail me some.

carne asada fries is a san diego thing. i always wondered how they came up with it like did someone spill there carne asada plate on some fries? I'm guessing non of the east coast people have tried the california burrito

pretty much carne asada, salsa, guac and fries inside a burrito

For some reason I never new places like this existed, just found out about paletas lol

the el farolito in SF lets you bring in your own fries to replace the tortilla chips for the price of super nachos

How can they allow that? What if someone were to bring in tainted fries? Unless the high temperature of the oil kills it off?

Last edited:
i've been on the east coast for a minute. I've never heard anyone talk about carne asada fries over here... i guess we don't have them "Yet" I'm sure many people just don't know yet... it's coming though. probably a low graded wack version.

Last edited:

How can they allow that? What if someone were to bring in tainted fries? Unless the high temperature of the oil kills it off?
you're bringing your own fries for yourself. the only thing they are doing is putting the meat, cheese, etc on top of your fries

Back
Top Bottom