FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

The juice is for those that are savage. Lol I feel the opposite, never understood steaks well done :\  

Real? You taste the grill flavor more tbh

You wanna taste the grill flavor or the flavor of the steak?

If you eating a steak well done you might as we'll eat beef jerky

Clown my sister EVERYTIME she orders a steak. WATER YEW DEWING?!

Steaks should be Medium, no discussion.

I always order mine medium. in the event that it's overcooked, even just slightly... it's still tender enough that it's not well done.

btw, NONE of you better be eating steak with any kinda sauce. No A1. no Lea & Perrins. NOTHING.

Salt/pepper and the juices from the steak is how you should be eating it. never understood tampering the taste/flavors of a perfectly, well cooked steak with unnecessary sauces.

Salt/pepper and the juices from the steak is how you should be eating it. never understood tampering the taste/flavors of a perfectly, well cooked steak with unnecessary sauces.

This man knows. I always put a nice crust of salt/pepper and sear it on a cast iron, let it rest and go to town. :pimp: Sometimes I'll put a little butter on top.

The juice is for those that are savage. Lol I feel the opposite, never understood steaks well done :\  

Real? You taste the grill flavor more tbh

You wanna taste the grill flavor or the flavor of the steak?

If you eating a steak well done you might as we'll eat beef jerky

Clown my sister EVERYTIME she orders a steak. WATER YEW DEWING?!

Steaks should be Medium, no discussion.

I always order mine medium. in the event that it's overcooked, even just slightly... it's still tender enough that it's not well done.

btw, NONE of you better be eating steak with any kinda sauce. No A1. no Lea & Perrins. NOTHING.

All of this!!!!

man alot of my family member used to like their steaks/prime rib/hamburgers well done....They used to clown on me for eating it medium/medium rare. They all converted now after eating my prime rib that I smoked a few years ago for a bday party...There was no turning back after that day :lol:

Carne Asada fries aren't something you can find anywhere?
eek.gif
I thought these were common everywhere....No guac,light on the sour cream,and extra cheese for me...Some places around here put a ton of scallions on theirs also,I leave those off too.If you haven't had them you're missing out..
smokin.gif
you lost me here 
laugh.gif

This man knows. I always put a nice crust of salt/pepper and sear it on a cast iron, let it rest and go to town.
pimp.gif
Sometimes I'll put a little butter on top.
THIS. Steak sauce is for suckas.

Last edited:
I usually do salt and pepper ,but the other day I had a ribeye with a coffee rub from trader joes that was :pimp:

depends on the cut tho

salt, herbs/spices & shortening only for the good cuts....

....but i be dippin' cube steak in ketchup son (but i guess cube steak is for suckas tho)

Last edited:
I use horseradish dip for my steak. :pimp:

Medium rear. :pimp:

Interesting. I've only seen people use horseradish for Prime Rib.

Carne Asada fries aren't something you can find anywhere? :wow: I thought these were common everywhere....No guac,light on the sour cream,and extra cheese for me...Some places around here put a ton of scallions on theirs also,I leave those off too.If you haven't had them you're missing out..:smokin

you lost me here :lol:

:lol: me can't do Guac either. I always get it on the side so my kids or wife can have it... :lol:

THIS. Steak sauce is for suckas.

:lol:

I add some onion power, love onion flavor.

don't get me wrong... pre-grill seasoning is one thing. But drenching the steak in sauce is what gets me all riled up. :lol:

Wife and I use Montreal Seasoning. we use it on steaks and hamburgers. It gives the extra flavor without taking away from the taste of the actual steak...(if that makes any sense) *shrug*

To be fair, there is a correct way to cook a well done steak. It's just very hard to nail because it is such a fine line between dry and just moist.

With that said, Medium rare-medium is good for me. Coarse sea salt, freshly crack black pepper and I like to baste a little bit of rosemary infused olive oil while it's on the grill and it's good enough for me.

My brother in law always gets his steak well done - and will examine it for traces of pink and send it back if he finds any - and then absolutely smothers it in A1. Just a travesty.

For a guy who claims to be fussy about food I just don't get it.

My brother in law always gets his steak well done - and will examine it for traces of pink and send it back if he finds any - and then absolutely smothers it in A1. Just a travesty.

For a guy who claims to be fussy about food I just don't get it.

My uncle does the same thing. Like a surgeon to take off the fat. :lol:

Any of you cook your steaks in butter like I see them do in restaurants on tv shows?

Any of you cook your steaks in butter like I see them do in restaurants on tv shows?

Depends on the cut. Ribeyes, NY Strip, Porterhouse have more fat, so I will through it on a really hot skillet. Filet, tenderloins, and sirlions get a little butter because of the little fat.

Montreal seasoning + a bit of cayenne pepper for a little kick. Haven't had a bad review yet :pimp:

This man knows. I always put a nice crust of salt/pepper and sear it on a cast iron, let it rest and go to town. :pimp: Sometimes I'll put a little butter on top.

yea all you need is salt and pepper and maybe a little butter in the pan. I get disrespected when my girl puts some sauce on it after I finish cooking.

Back
Top Bottom