FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Gumbo

Checking in.....good stuff y'all.

nothing to post seeing as i've been eating lunch at school / spending most of my time of school related stuff
mean.gif

Any of you cooks have advice for me?

Lost 40lbs over the past few months and a staple breakfast of mine has been 2 eggs, 100g chicken and a half cup of rice.

For the chicken its grilled chicken strips, frozen from Costco. Mainly for convenience reasons. I usually marinade and dump it in the microwave for a minute then finish it off on a skillet with low fire for a little crisp. Is this method drying out the chicken? Should I skip thr microwave all together?

I'd just bake them. They will be way better and less dry.

We out here.

For like 2 hours. :smh:

Btw I'm gonna need info on those Filipino dishes. :lol:

FIRE! It sucks that they only lease small restaurant spaces. It makes the wait time dumb long. Don't even bother going on the weekend. Another plus is the never ending stream of cute Asian girls.

The new(er) one in SJ is pretty big. Haven't ate at the one down here yet tho.

Boiling Crab is good, just not 2 hour wait good anymore.

Champ, is that steam from the food getting all up in your camera lens? Or just your phone?

Last edited:

Tacos, roscoes and a churro lol

Chicken tamales and more Horchata

Last edited:
^ I love Eddie Huang's show... Been waiting for the new season to drop. Wonder why he had to rename the show?

I steady lurk in this thread & throw out reps but I haven't posted anything in a while.

Made some Parmigiano Reggiano & Pecorino Romano encrusted chicken breasts with some broccoli & some home made carbonara. Some of the encrusted top came off my chicken...

In addition to Pancetta in the carbonara, my wife & I used some uncured smoked applewood bacon too.

Last edited:
I think it was renamed because he's having a show with the same name on ABC.
This

We'll see if the ABC show ever actually comes out though, I just don't see it doing well at all.

Fresh Off the Boat/Huang's World on the other hand...very refreshing show. Hopefully he keeps it up, I love the perspective he takes on everything while tying it together with food/his roots. He's got ScHoolboy Q slated for this season so I got high hopes!

Back
Top Bottom