Former Sneakerheads, What Were The Most Ridiculous Points Of Your Sneakerhead Days

bought 2 pairs of OG's instead of buying my ex a bday present. the shoes are here.....but she isnt

Originally Posted by Pendemic

bought 2 pairs of OG's instead of buying my ex a bday present. the shoes are here.....but she isnt
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Dun goof'd.

Me - Cleaning my playoff 12s after each wear...

Biggest purchase, OG 1's for $430.

Originally Posted by Pendemic

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Dun goof'd.

Me - Cleaning my playoff 12s after each wear...

Biggest purchase, OG 1's for $430.

So at my high school, there was this thing where if your family's income is under a certain amount, your lunch would be cheaper. I had about 4 sneakerheads in my group of friends, and one of them had the discount. Instead of paying $2 for lunch, he paid like $0.38 or some random number like that.

Every day my friend with the discount got the little one-person circle pizzas, and we cut that in 4 TINY triangles and ate it for lunch. We all saved up our allowance throughout the year to pay for sneakers. I guess we lost weight from it, too.
laugh.gif

So at my high school, there was this thing where if your family's income is under a certain amount, your lunch would be cheaper. I had about 4 sneakerheads in my group of friends, and one of them had the discount. Instead of paying $2 for lunch, he paid like $0.38 or some random number like that.

Every day my friend with the discount got the little one-person circle pizzas, and we cut that in 4 TINY triangles and ate it for lunch. We all saved up our allowance throughout the year to pay for sneakers. I guess we lost weight from it, too.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

just wearing everything matching head to toe. i had like 40 different polos to match each color shoe i had. i still shake my head thinking about some of those fits i wore

Cmon bro...you know damn well that wasn't the worst you've done

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

just wearing everything matching head to toe. i had like 40 different polos to match each color shoe i had. i still shake my head thinking about some of those fits i wore

Cmon bro...you know damn well that wasn't the worst you've done

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I haven't worn a pair of 'neck breaking' sneakers in about 4 years. I sold most and what I have left are buried in my closet. Some so vintage that if I wear them they'll turn to dust. I'm about to empty out the closet this week for the last few that are left and only keep the ones that REALLY want. So in sorting them I found a pair of the Kevin Johnson Converses that they retro'd like 6-7 years ago. I'd worn it once and then stowed it away in the closet. I think I paid $30 for them from Eastbay. Anyway, today I went shoe shopping (for running shoes - actual running shoes made for running, not neck breaking) and I broke out the KJ Cons. Walking through the mall, not really paying attention and then I heard "OMG bro! You got them throw backs! Where'd you get those??". Big grin on my face I said they're the KJs. Dude was all like "I know!" and I told him I was holding them hostage in my closet for a while. For a few seconds there I started nostalgin' about the "sneaker head" days.

Love my new Equalons, though. Fits like a glove.

I haven't worn a pair of 'neck breaking' sneakers in about 4 years. I sold most and what I have left are buried in my closet. Some so vintage that if I wear them they'll turn to dust. I'm about to empty out the closet this week for the last few that are left and only keep the ones that REALLY want. So in sorting them I found a pair of the Kevin Johnson Converses that they retro'd like 6-7 years ago. I'd worn it once and then stowed it away in the closet. I think I paid $30 for them from Eastbay. Anyway, today I went shoe shopping (for running shoes - actual running shoes made for running, not neck breaking) and I broke out the KJ Cons. Walking through the mall, not really paying attention and then I heard "OMG bro! You got them throw backs! Where'd you get those??". Big grin on my face I said they're the KJs. Dude was all like "I know!" and I told him I was holding them hostage in my closet for a while. For a few seconds there I started nostalgin' about the "sneaker head" days.

Love my new Equalons, though. Fits like a glove.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

didn't speak to my mom for like 2 days after she secretly gave my OG altitude 13's to her boyfriend...

disgusting
thats just sick.
remembered copping a pair of grape 5's of a dude for 200 while waiting in line to get the military green 5's at footaction.

ended up like 10$ short for the militarys

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

didn't speak to my mom for like 2 days after she secretly gave my OG altitude 13's to her boyfriend...

disgusting
thats just sick.
remembered copping a pair of grape 5's of a dude for 200 while waiting in line to get the military green 5's at footaction.

ended up like 10$ short for the militarys

The day after the fire red IIIs came out I wore them to school and we had a fire drill that day.

The whole school had to walk out to the baseball field and post there for like an hour.

It was morning and the grass was still wet. I took off my shoes and carried them and walked in the wet muddy grass in my socks the whole time to preserve my shoes.

Needless to say I was clowned by my friends a little bit but I was happy my shoes were ok

The day after the fire red IIIs came out I wore them to school and we had a fire drill that day.

The whole school had to walk out to the baseball field and post there for like an hour.

It was morning and the grass was still wet. I took off my shoes and carried them and walked in the wet muddy grass in my socks the whole time to preserve my shoes.

Needless to say I was clowned by my friends a little bit but I was happy my shoes were ok

God I have done too much in my life for kicks

I literally use to schedule my visits with my dad around kick releases as a kid. I hated buying shoes in cities where i didn't have a connect or a "for sure" way to get them so I would always pass on weekend trips with him if it meant me missing kicks.

I literally told my girl we need to get up early Blak Friday this year to get my Black and Cement 3s even tho her mom is getting married in NC that same day.

Use to skip lunch regularly to buy sneakers

God I have done too much in my life for kicks

I literally use to schedule my visits with my dad around kick releases as a kid. I hated buying shoes in cities where i didn't have a connect or a "for sure" way to get them so I would always pass on weekend trips with him if it meant me missing kicks.

I literally told my girl we need to get up early Blak Friday this year to get my Black and Cement 3s even tho her mom is getting married in NC that same day.

Use to skip lunch regularly to buy sneakers

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Most ridiculous point was how much I spent on the Grape V
sick.gif
Same...

I dropped 350 for a pair of shoes that I ended up selling for a 100.

^ That's crazy. The most I've spent on one pair of kicks was $190 back in '02 for a pair of concords. Bought them from sneakerpimp.com. Went to dude's house one day after class to pick them no answer. I was tight. Thought dude scammed me and stole my money. I hit him up on AIM and turned out dude was a high school kid selling kicks
laugh.gif
. Went the next day, got the kicks. I thought they were fakes at first, inspected them thoroughly right in front of dudes face lol. When I got on the train, I didn't have a bag so I was clinging on to the box like I had the case from Pulp Fiction. I still have that pair, I've only worn them about 3 times since I have them. Still in great condition. I did so knowing they would be released again to avoid headache. *Looks at Concord XI thread* I was right......

You also know you've been too into shoes when every pair you own has some sort of story behind them.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Most ridiculous point was how much I spent on the Grape V
sick.gif
Same...

I dropped 350 for a pair of shoes that I ended up selling for a 100.

^ That's crazy. The most I've spent on one pair of kicks was $190 back in '02 for a pair of concords. Bought them from sneakerpimp.com. Went to dude's house one day after class to pick them no answer. I was tight. Thought dude scammed me and stole my money. I hit him up on AIM and turned out dude was a high school kid selling kicks
laugh.gif
. Went the next day, got the kicks. I thought they were fakes at first, inspected them thoroughly right in front of dudes face lol. When I got on the train, I didn't have a bag so I was clinging on to the box like I had the case from Pulp Fiction. I still have that pair, I've only worn them about 3 times since I have them. Still in great condition. I did so knowing they would be released again to avoid headache. *Looks at Concord XI thread* I was right......

You also know you've been too into shoes when every pair you own has some sort of story behind them.

Originally Posted by VietStar

Wasted mass amounts of time looking for cheap DS/brand new sneakers.
sick.gif
I think I spent at least an hour or two everyday looking for kicks back when I had a deep interest in shoes.

I know I did my fair share of that.
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VietStar

Wasted mass amounts of time looking for cheap DS/brand new sneakers.
sick.gif
I think I spent at least an hour or two everyday looking for kicks back when I had a deep interest in shoes.

I know I did my fair share of that.
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom