Former Sneakerheads, What Were The Most Ridiculous Points Of Your Sneakerhead Days

had to be when me , pcrizzzy, and hiphawpdrunkie basically bought all the sbs when huf opened the hayes st store. we all were maxing out multiple credit cards. the people behind was were mad because it wasnt a limit to what all we could buy.

had to be when me , pcrizzzy, and hiphawpdrunkie basically bought all the sbs when huf opened the hayes st store. we all were maxing out multiple credit cards. the people behind was were mad because it wasnt a limit to what all we could buy.

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by ninjahood
No disrespect but,
Ninjahood please chime in.
as huge as my collection is, i i fortunately have little to no "crazy" stories or ridiculous points....

you can chalk it up to me working at multiple sneaker stores that gave me da luxury of avoiding "camping out" and paying hand over foot premium prices over retail for kicks.

i never cared about SBs, so i pretty much dodge all that nonsense...

ALL da great retros from da earlier 2000's i always had set aside for me on hold so me w/ a discount= no lines.

DMPs for example i diddy bopped passed 100 people in da morning and chilled with my old boss and copped da pair incredibly easy.

da most i ever spent on sneakers was almost 500 on DS OG 96 concord XI's...which at da time was a bargin since da going rate of em was 800+

i was a pioneer around my circles for copping sneaker on ebay or da internet in general at da time, so alot of things that people consider heat now i was getting DIRT cheap.

i can pretty much say being a likable guy and networking + doing homework on things allowed me to avoid MAJOR headaches.

pimp.gif

No disrespect but,
as huge as my collection is, i i fortunately have little to no "crazy" stories or ridiculous points....

you can chalk it up to me working at multiple sneaker stores that gave me da luxury of avoiding "camping out" and paying hand over foot premium prices over retail for kicks.

ALL da great retros from da earlier 2000's i always had set aside for me on hold so me w/ a discount= no lines.

DMPs for example i diddy bopped passed 100 people in da morning and chilled with my old boss and copped da pair incredibly easy.

da most i ever spent on sneakers was almost 500 on DS OG 96 concord XI's...which at da time was a bargin since da going rate of em was 800+

i was a pioneer around my circles for copping sneaker on ebay or da internet in general at da time, so alot of things that people consider heat now i was getting DIRT cheap.

i can pretty much say being a likable guy and networking + doing homework on things allowed me to avoid MAJOR headaches.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by donpoppa

laugh.gif
 at ballin' at huf. +%!% outta here

Originally Posted by donpoppa

laugh.gif
 at ballin' at huf. +%!% outta here

Went to camp out for the Q-Rich/Ray Allen Jordan VIII PEs.  Got there 15mins too late and missed the line by one person (Kampoutkid
grin.gif
).  Ended up paying off one of the dudes online (dude that worked at HOH nonetheless).  Paid him $300 + 2 Sidekick LX (that I paid $0 for) for his spot in line.  Stayed out in the snow/rain and still paid $140 for the kicks.  After the line cleared, there was still one pair left
tired.gif
.  Ended up selling them the next week on ebay for $1,034.
30t6p3b.gif

Went to camp out for the Q-Rich/Ray Allen Jordan VIII PEs.  Got there 15mins too late and missed the line by one person (Kampoutkid
grin.gif
).  Ended up paying off one of the dudes online (dude that worked at HOH nonetheless).  Paid him $300 + 2 Sidekick LX (that I paid $0 for) for his spot in line.  Stayed out in the snow/rain and still paid $140 for the kicks.  After the line cleared, there was still one pair left
tired.gif
.  Ended up selling them the next week on ebay for $1,034.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

The day after the fire red IIIs came out I wore them to school and we had a fire drill that day.

The whole school had to walk out to the baseball field and post there for like an hour.

It was morning and the grass was still wet. I took off my shoes and carried them and walked in the wet muddy grass in my socks the whole time to preserve my shoes.

Needless to say I was clowned by my friends a little bit but I was happy my shoes were ok
this reminded me of the episode of obsessed with Andy of NT fame
laugh.gif

i searched for it on youtube and google but i couldn't find it

Originally Posted by MHT214

-Traveling to [not so close---at all] cities to buy shoes.
-Buying sneakers....not wearing them immediately...to the point where i would be cleaning 5yrs+ later and would stumble across them. It would be so bad at times, that I would buy the shoes online because I didnt remember i already owned them...

i think i may have bought a pair that i forgot i had once

i know i've dug in my closet and came across multiple pairs of shoes that i forgot i had

i've bought and sold so many pairs that i swear i still had a pair and can't recollect getting rid of them but couldn't find them anywhere in my house...have to check in my parents garage next time i go there

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

The day after the fire red IIIs came out I wore them to school and we had a fire drill that day.

The whole school had to walk out to the baseball field and post there for like an hour.

It was morning and the grass was still wet. I took off my shoes and carried them and walked in the wet muddy grass in my socks the whole time to preserve my shoes.

Needless to say I was clowned by my friends a little bit but I was happy my shoes were ok
this reminded me of the episode of obsessed with Andy of NT fame
laugh.gif

i searched for it on youtube and google but i couldn't find it

Originally Posted by MHT214

-Traveling to [not so close---at all] cities to buy shoes.
-Buying sneakers....not wearing them immediately...to the point where i would be cleaning 5yrs+ later and would stumble across them. It would be so bad at times, that I would buy the shoes online because I didnt remember i already owned them...

i think i may have bought a pair that i forgot i had once

i know i've dug in my closet and came across multiple pairs of shoes that i forgot i had

i've bought and sold so many pairs that i swear i still had a pair and can't recollect getting rid of them but couldn't find them anywhere in my house...have to check in my parents garage next time i go there

No disrespect but,

pimp.gif
S6DM3.gif

No disrespect but,

pimp.gif
S6DM3.gif

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Same...

I dropped 350 for a pair of shoes that I ended up selling for a 100.

^ That's crazy. The most I've spent on one pair of kicks was $190 back in '02 for a pair of concords. Bought them from sneakerpimp.com. Went to dude's house one day after class to pick them no answer. I was tight. Thought dude scammed me and stole my money. I hit him up on AIM and turned out dude was a high school kid selling kicks
laugh.gif
. Went the next day, got the kicks. I thought they were fakes at first, inspected them thoroughly right in front of dudes face lol. When I got on the train, I didn't have a bag so I was clinging on to the box like I had the case from Pulp Fiction. I still have that pair, I've only worn them about 3 times since I have them. Still in great condition. I did so knowing they would be released again to avoid headache. *Looks at Concord XI thread* I was right......

You also know you've been too into shoes when every pair you own has some sort of story behind them.
Milk carton on ewayz
Wonder if he lurks

^ I'm not even sure if dude is still into kicks anymore. I think I read something on here some years ago that he stopped with sneakerpimp and went on to something else. Either way, that was one of my greatest pickups.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Same...

I dropped 350 for a pair of shoes that I ended up selling for a 100.

^ That's crazy. The most I've spent on one pair of kicks was $190 back in '02 for a pair of concords. Bought them from sneakerpimp.com. Went to dude's house one day after class to pick them no answer. I was tight. Thought dude scammed me and stole my money. I hit him up on AIM and turned out dude was a high school kid selling kicks
laugh.gif
. Went the next day, got the kicks. I thought they were fakes at first, inspected them thoroughly right in front of dudes face lol. When I got on the train, I didn't have a bag so I was clinging on to the box like I had the case from Pulp Fiction. I still have that pair, I've only worn them about 3 times since I have them. Still in great condition. I did so knowing they would be released again to avoid headache. *Looks at Concord XI thread* I was right......

You also know you've been too into shoes when every pair you own has some sort of story behind them.
Milk carton on ewayz
Wonder if he lurks

^ I'm not even sure if dude is still into kicks anymore. I think I read something on here some years ago that he stopped with sneakerpimp and went on to something else. Either way, that was one of my greatest pickups.

from 2005 - 2008 I copped damn near every jordan release. and I mean EVERYone. I think i missed 2-3 pairs total. One of which being grape 5 
tired.gif

from 2005 - 2008 I copped damn near every jordan release. and I mean EVERYone. I think i missed 2-3 pairs total. One of which being grape 5 
tired.gif

I've never really done anything crazy to get sneakers.

- Spend tons of time on the internet looking up release dates and getting info.  Don't really care anymore, if they are not discounted on Swoosh I don't buy *shrugs*.
- Most I've spent is about an hour in line, never camped.  Passed on a lot of QS/LS releases due to this, good thing most were not OG colorways.
- Drove to multiple stores looking for the Grape V, didn't get a pair.  I never bothered getting a pair, even though they are easily available online (Resellers, FTW/FTL!)
- Last stupid purchase IMO, bought the 2009 True Blue III's for $200 shipped.  My favorite shoe, and my retro pair from earlier in the decade was beat.
- Paid retail for the recent release of the Playoff XIII's, and will probably pay retail for the True Blue III's
30t6p3b.gif

- I've lost interest, since it's getting a bit ridiculous and Nike/JB is just milking the market.  The only reason I will pay retail (which goes against every principle in my body
mad.gif
) is because I'm buying them with money from shoes that I am selling.

-  I still like shoes, and I appreciate them, but I don't feel like I need to have them in my possesion anymore.  I still like walking into shoe stores to see what they have or if they have any bargains available, but I usually just walk out without buying anything now
glasses.gif

I've never really done anything crazy to get sneakers.

- Spend tons of time on the internet looking up release dates and getting info.  Don't really care anymore, if they are not discounted on Swoosh I don't buy *shrugs*.
- Most I've spent is about an hour in line, never camped.  Passed on a lot of QS/LS releases due to this, good thing most were not OG colorways.
- Drove to multiple stores looking for the Grape V, didn't get a pair.  I never bothered getting a pair, even though they are easily available online (Resellers, FTW/FTL!)
- Last stupid purchase IMO, bought the 2009 True Blue III's for $200 shipped.  My favorite shoe, and my retro pair from earlier in the decade was beat.
- Paid retail for the recent release of the Playoff XIII's, and will probably pay retail for the True Blue III's
30t6p3b.gif

- I've lost interest, since it's getting a bit ridiculous and Nike/JB is just milking the market.  The only reason I will pay retail (which goes against every principle in my body
mad.gif
) is because I'm buying them with money from shoes that I am selling.

-  I still like shoes, and I appreciate them, but I don't feel like I need to have them in my possesion anymore.  I still like walking into shoe stores to see what they have or if they have any bargains available, but I usually just walk out without buying anything now
glasses.gif

Only one person knows of this

1996 Jordan XII black and red came out (and i will cliff it )UNDs them to the movies,was raining when we got out the van downtown,walked downtown with plastic bags on my shoes

Only one person knows of this

1996 Jordan XII black and red came out (and i will cliff it )UNDs them to the movies,was raining when we got out the van downtown,walked downtown with plastic bags on my shoes

I had nice little sneaker flippin' operation in undergrad...

...I'd buy some Air Max from the outlet valued at $150 for like $60 bucks, pop the bubble, send an email to Nike complainin', and get a voucher for $150 - I did this under different names over and over.

After a while people were payin' me to write their emails to Nike cuz I was sick with the pen, but Nike shut my whole dorm down, my homeboy's dorm acoss campus got the axe, my homegirl who let me get !#+ sent to her apartment (as long as I ordered her a Jordan jumpsuit
laugh.gif
) got 8-6'd, and Nike even sent a nasty letter to my home address - I had a good run for two years, but it was time to stop...

...that's another reason why I gave damn near all of my kicks to my cousins - ain't like I paid for 'em. *Yeezy shrug*

And before all the ''how could you?'' or
30t6p3b.gif
come in, let me address that now by saying this: back then, I couldn't have possibly given less of a +@+% - I wouldn't do it again today though...

...I'd buy some Air Max from the outlet valued at $150 for like $60 bucks, pop the bubble, send an email to Nike complainin', and get a voucher for $150 - I did this under different names over and over.

After a while people were payin' me to write their emails to Nike cuz I was sick with the pen, but Nike shut my whole dorm down, my homeboy's dorm acoss campus got the axe, my homegirl who let me get !#+ sent to her apartment (as long as I ordered her a Jordan jumpsuit
laugh.gif
) got 8-6'd, and Nike even sent a nasty letter to my home address - I had a good run for two years, but it was time to stop...

...that's another reason why I gave damn near all of my kicks to my cousins - ain't like I paid for 'em. *Yeezy shrug*

30t6p3b.gif
come in, let me address that now by saying this: back then, I couldn't have possibly given less of a +@+% - I wouldn't do it again today though...

ILL LEGAL OPERATION wrote:

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom