Found a guys wallet, how do I return it?

I found a dude's wallet with his drivers license and social security card inside. How can I find his telephone number for free? I tried white pages,intelius, and a few other websites i found on Google but they all want money for the telephone number. Any ideas?

just mail the wallet to his address or deliver it personally if you want a reward. that simple.

you can just ship it to him if you're nice enough or just visit him at the addy and personally give to him. depends on the pic on the license though. do itasap b4 they cancel everything

Originally Posted by West2East

Why not just mail it back to him?
What he said. Or you can drop it off at his place if its local. Way to do the right thing though. Too many scandalous people out there these days.

Originally Posted by The Minister

you steal any money though?

Na. The dude left his bag on the train and I decided to try to return it. Inside is an ipod, and a wallet with $100. I am not taking the money. That's ascum bag move. The guy might be in a very tough position and need the money. Fortunately I dont need the money and even if I did need it, I would never takeit.

im going to assume that they're local? if so, take the drive to their house and drop it off personally. it's nice to be reminded that there are peopleout there with good morals.

Originally Posted by Teymur85

Na. The dude left his bag on the train and I decided to try to return it. Inside is an ipod, and a wallet with $100. I am not taking the money. That's a scum bag move. The guy might be in a very tough position and need the money. Fortunately I dont need the money and even if I did need it, I would never take it.

i really respect that.. props

We find wallets at work all the time.

We call 411 and check if the name on the licenses or cards come up in the directory and if they do, we call and ask them for the contents of the wallet andgive it back to them.

you should just tell dude straight up with a note, "I was polite enough to send your wallet back to you and reward myselfwith the money I found in it, so you don't have to go through the trouble of doing it yourself"

Originally Posted by nyybaseball423

I applaud your actions. Just go to his house and give it back to him. What's the problem?

Well I want the guy to come pick it up. I am doing him a huge favor, I am not about to waste 2 hours of my day just to go to his place and then maybe find outthat no one is home.

Na. The dude left his bag on the train and I decided to try to return it. Inside is an ipod, and a wallet with $100. I am not taking the money. That's a scum bag move. The guy might be in a very tough position and need the money. Fortunately I dont need the money and even if I did need it, I would never take it.

I am already doing the guy a huge favor, I am not about to be out of $10 on top of it
If you end up needing to mail it I think it would be alright to use the money in the wallet to pay for shipping.

nerd.gif

sell the ipod and with that cash plus the hundred re up then flip that then repeat.
laugh.gif
just playing, glad to see an act of kindness

Originally Posted by one11archerave

I am already doing the guy a huge favor, I am not about to be out of $10 on top of it
If you end up needing to mail it I think it would be alright to use the money in the wallet to pay for shipping.
Bingo.

Back
Top Bottom