Found a guys wallet, how do I return it?

Originally Posted by Teymur85

Originally Posted by The Minister

you steal any money though?

Na. The dude left his bag on the train and I decided to try to return it. Inside is an ipod, and a wallet with $100. I am not taking the money. That's a scum bag move. The guy might be in a very tough position and need the money. Fortunately I dont need the money and even if I did need it, I would never take it.
...I mean after all the ruthlessness I've been seeing here on NT for the past 8 years, there are still people who think like myself
glasses.gif

You got good karma coming your way.

Originally Posted by West2East

Why not just mail it back to him?
I am already doing the guy a huge favor, I am not about to be out of $10 on top of it
$10? How large of a wallet is it? Wrap it up in some brown shipping paper, scribble his address on it and it should cost you no more than $3 Ifeven that. And it's not a favor if you never get it back to the guy.

I am already doing the guy a huge favor, I am not about to be out of $10 on top of it
$10? How large of a wallet is it? Wrap it up in some brown shipping paper, scribble his address on it and it should cost you no more than $3 If even that. And it's not a favor if you never get it back to the guy.
I think he said the wallet was in a bag. With that being said it probably won't cost that much sinceit's local.

Cant you just drop it off in the mail box and USPS will return it to him for free?

Or drop it off at the police station.

$10? How large of a wallet is it? Wrap it up in some brown shipping paper, scribble his address on it and it should cost you no more than $3 If even that. And it's not a favor if you never get it back to the guy.
he said it was a bag which included a wallet and ipod

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

Na. The dude left his bag on the train and I decided to try to return it. Inside is an ipod, and a wallet with $100. I am not taking the money. That's a scum bag move. The guy might be in a very tough position and need the money. Fortunately I dont need the money and even if I did need it, I would never take it.

Originally Posted by one11archerave

If you end up needing to mail it I think it would be alright to use the money in the wallet to pay for shipping.
this.

good man. i can't say i would do the same.
tired.gif

he left his entire bookbag.

eyes.gif

wouldnt of been me
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Use the $100 to buy wrapping materials and cover shipping costs, then Mail it same day or next day.
laugh.gif

why dont you mail him a letter if you dont want to ship it?

you said he might be in a tough position? exchange numbers and meet up..a letter will only cost a few cents!

No no no no no. You're doing it all wrong. You've got his address....

Get to work.

9ictgn.gif

I commend that.

I lost about a hundred dollars with my wallet a few months ago at a pick-n-pull. Wasn't even mine, and I was using it to look for a new oil pan for my carthat had just busted so I was @*!@ out of luck. I left my social security in there from a job interview too. So I lost all that along with the DL, atm, etc.

Felt Like I was cursed. One of the worst experiences ever.

jus throw the wallet in the mail, oh wait!

the scum bag mail men might take the wallet for themselves
smh.gif

drive to the Police Station, and they'll give it back to that man.

dude said he didnt need the 100, but he complaining about 10 dollars.

hell if it was me, i would have took the 100 and the ipod. then dropped the stuff at a police station with a note inside saying i found it and youre welcome.ive lost many wallets and things that had my name/number/address and aint never got anything back.

id rather get back my DL/social sec card/credit cards/etc than 100 and an ipod. i can buy another ipod and accumulate currency no problem, but getting myidentity back will cost more than 100 and an ipod

Originally Posted by doosta45

dude said he didnt need the 100, but he complaining about 10 dollars.

hell if it was me, i would have took the 100 and the ipod. then dropped the stuff at a police station with a note inside saying i found it and youre welcome. ive lost many wallets and things that had my name/number/address and aint never got anything back.

getting your credit cards/license/social secruity card back > getting back 100 and an ipod.
You're welcome, here's your Jansport backpack minus $100 and iPod
roll.gif

^yep, you damn skimpy. dude would be bummed he lost an ipod and 100. but i think he'd rather lose that than his identity. a social, drivers license, andcredit cards can fetch a pretty penny in the streets of LA

Good for you though wanting to return the wallet and its contents. I think it's cool that there's a few good people out there at least.

I would've done the same thing.

i remember when i lost my iphone and the guy called my house number and told me he found it. gave him $100 and kept it moving. there are still good people outthere.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i really respect that.. props

This is what I'm talking bout'. Still some good people left
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom