French Blue Air Jordan 7 Retro for 2015 (01/24/15 $190)

This want for more is just so damn laughable.
Maybe you are right that it is laughable that customers want more, but I don't think so.  I believe that is everyone is entitled to their own opinion, after all it is the respective buyer's money that is being spent.  If people, like those in this thread, don't like how the "mountains" are painted, they have every right to think so.  This applies to any other factor that one may find right or wrong with a shoe.  Opinions are neither right nor wrong.  When a shoe is painted incorrectly, and there is for instance, blue paint on the white leather, the paint being on the wrong part of the shoe is an objective and non refutable fact.  The degree to the "sloppiness," however can be argued...  Now, whether one is okay with this blemish is up to one's personal preference.

I believe that the only things that might be laughable are customers that are not happy with their pair of shoes but don't do anything to alleviate their contention(s).  If you like the shoe, cool, keep them.  If you don't, return them, or find a pair that has better craftsmanship if that is your point of issue.  It's not like everyone in here is asking for Jordan Brand to put baby cow skin on these remastered pairs or tyrian paint on the midsoles.  I feel as though there is some justifiable expectation for better materials and quality control due to the clamor of Nike's marketing team calling 2015 Jordans "Remastered". Of course not all consumers will be happy with the craftsman of each release per say, but I think it's not unfair to have some consistency with respect to quality control (defects).
I got these and I'm so disappointed weakest jays I ever bought
What's the issue?  Besides the cosmetic issues, I think these shoes were pretty great especially if you like 7s.
The different cuts of materials are just the nature of shoes in general. Whether it's synthetic like these or a handmade boot, you'll still find different textures from pair to pair. Always annoying when it's on the toe, but it's not worth digging through multiple pairs IMO.
I can understand the fact that the material is not going to be same for each shoe let alone throughout a single pair.  Despite this fact, if the whole upper of the shoe is supposed to be tumbled leather, wouldn't the material that they are cutting out for the shoe be entirely tumbled leather?  My pair of Legend Blue/Columbia 4s had no issues whatsoever with the tumbled leather, so I was a bit surprised and disappointed to find the issue with the 7s.  I know your stance on going through various pairs, but if I'm spending my hard earned money, whether it be $1 or $190, I want my money's worth!

@'Kimizle' (if theyre the same size) take left shoe from top pair and right shoe from bottom pair, and ~abra cadabra~ your problems solved for both pairs. :wink:

@'Kimizle' (if theyre the same size) take left shoe from top pair and right shoe from bottom pair, and ~abra cadabra~ your problems solved for both pairs. :wink:
then youll get mismatched production dates then ppl will call out fake lol

:lol: Nobodys diggin inside your shoes to read the production dates.
I sense ur sarcasm though. :wink:

If they do 'only' use 2 different prod.dates to determine authenticity, theyre stupid, because thats not the cure all ,end all to determining authentics.

Last edited:
These kicks bombed big time. And I hear the powers that be thought these would sell out by now so they planned re-stocks of these. Nike overproduced and now can't get rid of them.

Last edited:

These kicks bombed big time. And I hear the powers that be thought these would sell out by now so they planned re-stocks of these. Nike overproduced and now can't get rid of them.
They only have themselves to blame. Might want to get the original release shoes perfected before you worry about needing enough inventory for restocks.

Last edited:

They're gonna go to outlets for $10 off and sell out.

These sat back in the day...a lot of people don't like 7s.

7's arent really sought after, I mainly copped these since I been wanting them since '02. Would've appreciated the leather tongue

I thought the 2's and 9's were the least favorite Retro Jordan's. Never knew people didn't care for the 7's.
It's a weird love/hate relationship with folks.

Bordeauxs? Hares? Love

Raptors get called craptors, no love for the + colorways.

I'm partial to the light blue offerings of Jordan so I copped.

It's a shame that people have focused more on the appearance of the shoe as opposed to the fit/feel of the shoe. These are some of the most comfy shoes I've worn in some time.

Agreed^ ,Definitely more comfortable than any other Retro J that dropped in the past 4-5yrs .
(exception being the 12s)

Last edited:
It's a shame that people have focused more on the appearance of the shoe as opposed to the fit/feel of the shoe. These are some of the most comfy shoes I've worn in some time.
The real shame is that we all couldn't both appreciate the appearance and fit/feel of the shoe.

They're gonna go to outlets for $10 off and sell out.

These sat back in the day...a lot of people don't like 7s.

I thought the 2's and 9's were the least favorite Retro Jordan's. Never knew people didn't care for the 7's.

2's and 9's are the least popular, but 7's aren't that popular either. If Nike produced too many pairs then that's really on them for not reading their fanbase properly, becuase they should've known this fact for years. Most 7's they release this year probably won't sell out right away.

Last edited:
This is the first nice retro I've seen sit at my local footlocker and champs in years. If they weren't so much i would of copped.

This is the first nice retro I've seen sit at my local footlocker and champs in years. If they weren't so much i would of copped.

That's another aspect we have to take into account, the higher price. There's really no hype for these, similar to the Columbia 4's, and the higher price makes any chances of a suitable profit less likely for resellers.

This is truth. I was at my local FNL on Saturday to try these on and when I first asked if they had a 10 they said they thought the smallest they had was 10.5. But, when they went back to look they came out and said they had gotten a restock and had a ton on the back. This is in a small market (Western MA), too. I decided to wait rather than cop right then. These will hit discount for sure.

My observations about the shoes I tried on:

- The leather is beautiful. Maybe not $190 beautiful, but definitely better than any of my other recent retros

- Go 1/2 size up. 10 was tight, 10.5 fit nice.

- The paint on the pairs I looked at was clean, but thankfully with these sitting you can really take a good look at your pair before walking outta the store with them

Might just try these on next time I'm at the mall. The only 7s I own are the Maize 7s in a 13 (11.5 men's) and 11 is my TTS but women's shoe being more narrow than men's it comes out to about an 11 anyway. But if these are running small then I'll have to try them on if I plan on copping the Hares.

Relating to the discussion at hand, I thought the 7s would be right up there in popularity. Jordan won his second ring and played on the Dream Team with these and they look great. Hares, Charcoals, Olympics, and GMPs are all on my hit list. Hell I'd even take the Pacific Blues TBH. Underrated IMO and make for a great de facto Knicks CW.

Last edited:
Yeah, Hares will be a must for me after seeing the quality of the French's. Wavering on Bordeauxs, tho. Love the CW, but the way the edges of the panels fray over time and show white bugs the hell outta me.

Might just try these on next time I'm at the mall. The only 7s I own are the Maize 7s in a 13 (11.5 men's) and 11 is my TTS but women's shoe being more narrow than men's it comes out to about an 11 anyway. But if these are running small then I'll have to try them on if I plan on copping the Hares.

Relating to the discussion at hand, I thought the 7s would be right up there in popularity. Jordan won his second ring and played on the Dream Team with these and they look great. Hares, Charcoals, Olympics, and GMPs are all on my hit list. Hell I'd even take the Pacific Blues TBH. Underrated IMO and make for a great de facto Knicks CW.

I would say the 7 is in most people's top 5 Jordans. It's in mine. As I mentioned earlier, the OGs don't have the crazy high quality that people seem to think they do. These are really close, imo spot on. Granted I don't have a pair of OG 7s, but I own og 12s and had the 8s as a kid as well as various other jordan model through the 90s. It wasn't like they hand crafted them with the finest leather in the world. They were real good but still had their flaws. I can say the same thing about this release.

It's a weird love/hate relationship with folks.

Bordeauxs? Hares? Love

Raptors get called craptors, no love for the + colorways.

I'm partial to the light blue offerings of Jordan so I copped.
I guess it varies on demographic, while they didnt sell out in TN I've seen the older cws in a decent frequency, Raptor/Magic pack, ceramics plus others.... People tend to like 7's. Just some more than others.

Back
Top Bottom