Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

Crabfeeder was just a dude working for the triarchy, had a interesting gimmick but that's about it.

5FF214AE-BD42-4288-9568-ACC547E57596.jpeg

Werent there some assassin type dudes in GOT that were wearing this mask?

Imma hafta watch GOT again. Lol

Episode ended abruptly. Didnt need a whole fight sequence but they could’ve dragged it out a litte. some ruckus letting us know they fighting. Instead, we get Daemon walking right back out lol

Enjoying it so far but some scenes do come off like this is someone trying to make a game of thrones rip off. Can’t put my finger on it. Not sure if it’s the music, the way it’s filmed, the costumes or the writing. I’m leaning towards the writing. It feels like a dumbed down version of GoT. Some scenes I’m all in (like the battle scene this last episode) but others I catch myself just critiquing the show lol just an observation. Still enjoying it tho

Enjoying it so far but some scenes do come off like this is someone trying to make a game of thrones rip off. Can’t put my finger on it. Not sure if it’s the music, the way it’s filmed, the costumes or the writing.

You do know this is a prequel to GoT right?

Episode ended abruptly. Didnt need a whole fight sequence but they could’ve dragged it out a litte. some ruckus letting us know they fighting. Instead, we get Daemon walking right back out lol

Enjoying it so far but some scenes do come off like this is someone trying to make a game of thrones rip off. Can’t put my finger on it. Not sure if it’s the music, the way it’s filmed, the costumes or the writing. I’m leaning towards the writing. It feels like a dumbed down version of GoT. Some scenes I’m all in (like the battle scene this last episode) but others I catch myself just critiquing the show lol just an observation. Still enjoying it tho

I feel the opposite. To me every scene feels like a return to when GoT was “normal”

Like when the dialogue was good and engaging. When you didn’t know what was gonna happen next. And the tone was…..not goofy?

Can you remember any specific scenes that give you that feeling? I might just Have not noticed it. But yeah I’m enjoying so far as well.

agreed. Feels like a b grade GOT. It might be the casting. Can't quite put my finger to it but it's not on the same level.

agreed. Feels like a b grade GOT. It might be the casting. Can't quite put my finger to it but it's not on the same level.

One thing that KINDA gives me that feel you guys are describing, is the casting of King V. I cannot get past him being one of the Andy’s in hot fuzz. Hell always be the goofy comedy dude with the mustache.
7771DB34-85C0-44B7-ACE0-85A74801B52F.gif

But GoT did the exact same thing when they cast goofy Fred flint stone comedic actor as Bobby B :lol:
4130A502-97CF-41B7-9FEF-ABD4886678AE.jpeg

Honestly might not even be anything that’s “wrong” with HotD. Part of what made GOT the phenomenon it was is that it gave a “we’ve-never-seen-something-like-this” feeling. Basically impossible to duplicate that with another, second show set in the same world.

Last edited:
I agree with you but I feel like it’s because all the actors just aren’t as dynamic as Game of Thrones. Each of the houses had multiple members who could hold down a scene, plus little finger and Varys doing there thing.

I agree with you but I feel like it’s because all the actors just aren’t as dynamic as Game of Thrones. Each of the houses had multiple members who could hold down a scene, plus little finger and Varys doing there thing.
That was my thoughts too. The cast for GOT was massive in comparison and loaded with talent.

i mean as much of a critic i am of this prequel, i'm still on time every week and not missing an episodes.
me and my wife have wildly different tastes in television but this still bring us together every sunday.

Meh, early seasons of GoT were just as dry imo. The main difference to me is the amount of diverse actors/characters writing and talent wise.

Took me a bit to find/connect to my fav characters.

This prequel is just missing a Tyrion, Cersi, Littlefinger, Hound, apocalypse prophecy, underdog and their journey, and one or two other things.

Also the plot is distinct and different enough. At makes sense the feel is different though cuz this is a part of the long era where the Targaryens ruled for generations. Things are pretty stable. No chance of chaos to lead to opportunities for big changes.

I forgot, is grayscale not contagious? I wouldn't be helping bathe the king at all.

Also he can somehow have sex with Alicent, impregnate her but she can't catch it?

Never bothered to look in to it or ask back when it was just Stannis' daughter with it and some potential scares of other ppl getting it.

Damn Alicent in the nasty loveless marriage getting the midnight booty call from the king.

This show stay nasty. Imagine taking your niece in a tour through a sex club.

Otto a dumbass for telling.

Does he hate Daemon that much?

They were stupid for taking their cloak and hat off in the pleasure den.

Wow shorty lying on her dead mother :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom