George Lopez "2 Rules In The Latino Family" vol. Mejorar la Raza

Is it any more / less than tension between blacks and Mexicans in Texas, NY, Arizona, or Florida?
As someone who lived in Texas, Cali,  AZ,  and NY I I would say more so Texas prob, because a lot of Mexicans in TX are Republicans, but from my experiences I havent had any issues with Mexicans.  A lot of Mexicans that I met in Texas hate other Mexicans and illegals. They hate the stereotypical Mexicans and are for Trump's wall. 

Last edited:
Dude calls The New York Times "fake news" but believes the words of his lord and savior Fat Joe. Dude almost died trying to defend Fat Joe's honor a few years ago. Sad!
Son prob wishes he  didnt have as much Negro blood so he could be light skinned  like Joey. 

Last edited:
Is it any more / less than tension between blacks and Mexicans in Texas, NY, Arizona, or Florida?
As someone who lived in Texas, Cali,  AZ,  and NY I I would say more so Texas prob, because a lot of Mexicans in TX are Republicans, but from my experiences I havent had any issues with Mexicans.  A lot of Mexicans that I met in Texas hate other Mexicans and illegals. They hate the stereotypical Mexicans and are for Trump's wall. 

Where in Texas were you?

Are there pockets of it? Yes, just like anywhere else. The vast majority of Mexicans and black people do not give a @#$@ about a race war and get along just fine. There's around 17 million Mexican and black people combined in California. The "tension" exists in some gang neighborhoods that don't even make up an entire percentage of the entire population. If you go out in public anywhere in California, you will see plenty of Mexican and black friends, mixed couples, etc. and no one bats an eye.

Again, it really just ends up sounding like you guys have only experienced California through mid 90s-early 2000s rap videos.

I'm asking you a question because I don't know. Only information I get from the topic is from movies, music, and mainstream media. Mexicans in NYC are few and far in between and my time interacting with them they seem to be low-key people and family oriented. Once u hit Rikers it's a whole other story

Last edited:

This is a very accurate statement.

it's comical for them to dispute it to spite me
laugh.gif

once u hit da jails u know what it is for real.
So were making sweeping generalizations based on jail  and prison culture?

Just because a Mexican hasn't called you a ****** doesnt mean they dont like you :lol:

Thought it was well known blacks were the bottom of the barrel especially darker skinned blacks.

Why are yall fighting this?

The world has been white washed for sometime now.

You dont know what skin bleaching is?

So y'all really gonna sit here and say tension amongst blacks and Mexicans doesn't exist in Los Angeles ?
it does but like everything depends on where you at. Where I'm from the average day I don't see a black person but maybe because I'm around the hood there is very little black people on my city. Hispanic dominated and Asian the next biggest population.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 Like this is some shocking revelation. 

I'm more disturbed at what he said to that woman and the cheering crowd following it.

Why is the marriage thing a surprise? Thought it was widely known.

Asians, Africans, West Indians, White people etc have some similar sentiments as well. As ***** up as it is...that's how it is. White supremacy done did a number. Hell, a Ghanian could say "don't marry a Nigerian or Akata (African American). I've heard that before. Heard Trinidadians talk down about marrying Jamaicans. It goes on and on.

People are mad at George Lopez for stating something that's true?

-The joke wasn't OD to me. It is a common thing that many brothers have ran into, and many Latino people will admit too, that some Latino parents don't want you bringing home a black dude. Lopez seemed to OD on ole girl though.

-It is not universal at all. Their are many that are completely cool with it. I know a couple people that know their parents and grandparents racist and it pisses them off to know end.

-While I know that in some areas Latinos and Black people be beefing, in other areas things be wavy.

-It is funny that any Latino will do this, especially Mexican Americans, especially since they face discrimination from other Latinos (**cough** conservative Cubans), and the black community are probably their biggest allies in their fight for social justice.

But yeah, white supremacy is a mother ****** . Some minds are fully colonized, and there is not saving them

Last edited:
Damn really didn't know there were black vs Mexican going on and I'm in LA.

I must be blind.

It's much more limited than how it was say 15-20 years ago. It's always been more prevalent in LA than it is in the Bay though. It's Blacks and Mexicans that don't get along, but it's nowhere near the level people who aren't in the area view it as.

-The joke wasn't OD to me. It is a common thing that many brothers have ran into, and many Latino people will admit too, that some Latino parents don't want you bringing home a black dude. Lopez seemed to OD on ole girl though.

-It is not universal at all. Their are many that are completely cool with it. I know a couple people that know their parents and grandparents racist and it pisses them off to know end.

-While I know that in some areas Latinos and Black people be beefing, in other areas things be wavy.

-It is funny that any Latino will do this, especially Mexican Americans, especially since they face discrimination from other Latinos (cough conservative **Cubans**), and the black community are probably their biggest allies in their fight for social justice.
I know Black people who tell their kids not to bring home a White girl or dude or a non-black.  My parents couldnt careless.

Last edited:
he still does standup specials? I figured people would get tired of the same jokes he uses.
'why you crying?' Was hilarious then he just started getting repetitive

Living in socal though everyone knows theres animosity of hispanics towards blacks and vice versa.

I dated a Filipino woman once and she said it's the same way in their culture. Ironically, she said the original Filipinos who inhabited the island had dark skin and curly hair.

She said now a days, you are considered lower class if you have darker skin there. That's why skin bleaching cream is so popular in Asian/Pacific Island countries.

It goes both ways at least with my circle of Filipino friends. In college we called our friend who was darker, darkness. One of my bestfriends is very lightskinned and people joke he looks Mexican.

This darkskin vs lighstkin seems to happen a lot in different cultures. We always hearin how "lightskin is in".

What's even more ironic is white people tan to get darker lol

And thicker lips and butts, same things pushed in racisl propaganda.

Crazy world.

I swear the next push is gonna be white women with curly afos :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom