Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a very good topic to bring up, Proto. i agree with GG that the paint chipping/cracking is the real issue. i wore my aqua 3 TIMES and the paint started cracking like crazy. totally broke my heart. other than that, my only other complaint is the lack of pinky toe room in certain kicks. (CDP XI, Playoff VIII)

laugh.gif
i know this guy who was trying to get in the sneaker game, and my friend had a pair of 2000 jams for sale, pretty beat.
he sold them to him for $220. I asked the custumer why he didn't cop the 09 release and he said crappy material.
I asked em what was wrong with it and he said "the air max in the shoe isnt good.."
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i know this guy who was trying to get in the sneaker game, and my friend had a pair of 2000 jams for sale, pretty beat.
he sold them to him for $220. I asked the custumer why he didn't cop the 09 release and he said crappy material.
I asked em what was wrong with it and he said "the air max in the shoe isnt good.."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Whenever someone tells me something like this I just smile, nod my head and keep it moving. Cats just repeat what they hear...

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Whenever someone tells me something like this I just smile, nod my head and keep it moving. Cats just repeat what they hear...

TheAdiMac wrote:
zapatohead408 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

its funny cuz alot of ppl swear they are sneakerheads but really dont know what they are talking about. im not saying u gotta know everything but at least research before you make yourself look silly...

TheAdiMac wrote:
zapatohead408 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

its funny cuz alot of ppl swear they are sneakerheads but really dont know what they are talking about. im not saying u gotta know everything but at least research before you make yourself look silly...

i wouldnt go as far as saying that quality as a whole is that far off. i would say that cheaper materials are used and molds are way off of what they used to be.
i think the whole midsole paint chipping issue (as seen as recently in the true blue 3 retros) is something that might be consistent with nike as the air max bw's did the same thing.
the cdp series is a perfect example of terrible quality. not all of the shoes were bad but many were.
I - seemed cool to me
II - crappy cheap leather
III - seemed cool to me
IV - banana shape and ashy, ashy suede
V - came out of the box with pre yellowed soles
VI - soles werent really icy and i heard (and saw pics) that people had the AIR on the heels fall off
VII - seemed cool to me
VIII - seemed cool to me but the leather seemed a little cheap
IX - cheap materials used
X - cool to me
XI - felt like i was walking on cardboard. shape way off. 23 on heel peels off. patent cut was way low and off. leather on heel area was cheap
XII - seemed cool to me. midsole was kinda shiny but the shoe was OK
XIII - seemed cool to me
XIV - seemed cool to me
XV - seemed cool to me
XVI - on point. not complaints at all
XVII - ashy and scuffed str8 out of the box
XVIII - some were ashy
XIX - no beef
XX - no beef
XXI - ashy out of the box
XXII - cool to me

newer retros are OK in quality. the infra pack and vr 6s have solid quality. actually, all of the 6s are solid cept for the white/vr 6s. they seem a lil cheap.
space jams seem to be a little better than cdps IMO

so i would say materials and molds are what kinda throw off the newer retros from the older ones. better materials were used in the past. molds were closer to the OGs.

i wouldnt go as far as saying that quality as a whole is that far off. i would say that cheaper materials are used and molds are way off of what they used to be.
i think the whole midsole paint chipping issue (as seen as recently in the true blue 3 retros) is something that might be consistent with nike as the air max bw's did the same thing.
the cdp series is a perfect example of terrible quality. not all of the shoes were bad but many were.
I - seemed cool to me
II - crappy cheap leather
III - seemed cool to me
IV - banana shape and ashy, ashy suede
V - came out of the box with pre yellowed soles
VI - soles werent really icy and i heard (and saw pics) that people had the AIR on the heels fall off
VII - seemed cool to me
VIII - seemed cool to me but the leather seemed a little cheap
IX - cheap materials used
X - cool to me
XI - felt like i was walking on cardboard. shape way off. 23 on heel peels off. patent cut was way low and off. leather on heel area was cheap
XII - seemed cool to me. midsole was kinda shiny but the shoe was OK
XIII - seemed cool to me
XIV - seemed cool to me
XV - seemed cool to me
XVI - on point. not complaints at all
XVII - ashy and scuffed str8 out of the box
XVIII - some were ashy
XIX - no beef
XX - no beef
XXI - ashy out of the box
XXII - cool to me

newer retros are OK in quality. the infra pack and vr 6s have solid quality. actually, all of the 6s are solid cept for the white/vr 6s. they seem a lil cheap.
space jams seem to be a little better than cdps IMO

so i would say materials and molds are what kinda throw off the newer retros from the older ones. better materials were used in the past. molds were closer to the OGs.

Umm I don't really have a digital camera handy and with my freshly broken hand typing forever wouldn't be fun either but.....are you trying to tell me the Military n Mars 4s were just as good as the OGs?
ohwell.gif

Umm I don't really have a digital camera handy and with my freshly broken hand typing forever wouldn't be fun either but.....are you trying to tell me the Military n Mars 4s were just as good as the OGs?
ohwell.gif

I feel that since jays are being retroed more frequently people can complain and compare the sneakers while not
really noticing the true quality after wear compared to the og's or recent retros.

I feel that since jays are being retroed more frequently people can complain and compare the sneakers while not
really noticing the true quality after wear compared to the og's or recent retros.

Ok....you must be a FOOL to not realize the decline in quality.

I mean look at shoes with real leather, compare it to JB leather. All shoes crease I know, my jordan retros from the "golden era" crease just as bad as the newer retros and the '06 V's have a tougher "leather" than the '99 V's. A clear example is the CDP Black Cement III leather and 2001 OR 1994 OR Original Black Cement III leather. Just compare the "leather" ....or just grab any older nike shoe and compare leather. It's not like that weird glossy, plastic leather that JB uses.

But when you look at these new retros, look at them. They look cheap. They feel cheap. Peep the paint. I didn't get it as bad as others, but the III's and VIII's are CRACKIN more than Fat Joe....it's as bad as that lame joke.

Don't get me started on the Military IV's or just the new IV's in general.

OP i had a pair of the newer Black/Red I's hi-top (straps to be exact)....I SOLD IT BECAUSE IT SUCKED THAT BAD...it just felt soo cheap and weak..went off found an older 01 pair, paid $300 and did not regret.

Addition, OP, in regards to the VI's....I'm actually looking for a pair of black/varsity VI's. I was going to buy the Infrared pack but when i visited the store days before and looked at the White/Varsity Red's....i just wasn't havin it. The paint was sloppy and that damn plastic leather. Passed on that.

Ok....you must be a FOOL to not realize the decline in quality.

I mean look at shoes with real leather, compare it to JB leather. All shoes crease I know, my jordan retros from the "golden era" crease just as bad as the newer retros and the '06 V's have a tougher "leather" than the '99 V's. A clear example is the CDP Black Cement III leather and 2001 OR 1994 OR Original Black Cement III leather. Just compare the "leather" ....or just grab any older nike shoe and compare leather. It's not like that weird glossy, plastic leather that JB uses.

But when you look at these new retros, look at them. They look cheap. They feel cheap. Peep the paint. I didn't get it as bad as others, but the III's and VIII's are CRACKIN more than Fat Joe....it's as bad as that lame joke.

Don't get me started on the Military IV's or just the new IV's in general.

OP i had a pair of the newer Black/Red I's hi-top (straps to be exact)....I SOLD IT BECAUSE IT SUCKED THAT BAD...it just felt soo cheap and weak..went off found an older 01 pair, paid $300 and did not regret.

Addition, OP, in regards to the VI's....I'm actually looking for a pair of black/varsity VI's. I was going to buy the Infrared pack but when i visited the store days before and looked at the White/Varsity Red's....i just wasn't havin it. The paint was sloppy and that damn plastic leather. Passed on that.

People are overly glorifying the OGs these days in terms of quality. I understand the rants about the shape of the retros deviating from that of their original counterparts. But let's be real here. JB's been putting out some hits and misses. Just buy what you like and don't buy what you don't like. Common sense right? Personally, if they just use thicker leather and improve the molds on some models (the 4s is a prime example of this) in order to make an attempt to look like the original, then I'm happy. I could care less about the Nike Air or Jumpman. In fact, JB should work on making retros BETTER than the originals. Imagine having a pair of 11s with full zoom. Crazy huh?

People are overly glorifying the OGs these days in terms of quality. I understand the rants about the shape of the retros deviating from that of their original counterparts. But let's be real here. JB's been putting out some hits and misses. Just buy what you like and don't buy what you don't like. Common sense right? Personally, if they just use thicker leather and improve the molds on some models (the 4s is a prime example of this) in order to make an attempt to look like the original, then I'm happy. I could care less about the Nike Air or Jumpman. In fact, JB should work on making retros BETTER than the originals. Imagine having a pair of 11s with full zoom. Crazy huh?

Paint chipping is the worst. Really stinks how its on the III's one of the most popular J's and recognizable ones even to non sneaker heads. People say the XI are the mots popular, but I think the III are/

Paint chipping is the worst. Really stinks how its on the III's one of the most popular J's and recognizable ones even to non sneaker heads. People say the XI are the mots popular, but I think the III are/

I wanna see yall NT hypebeasts try to tell us true og sneakerheads how better and great the new white/cement 3 retros are compared the og version like yall doing the black/infrared 6,my fire red and true blue 3s cracked after just a couple of months of straight wear[a couple of times out the week] and im not a big dude either and watch how many people on here tell us that they havent had a problem with there white/cement 3 while there bald face lying bout it knowing they only wear them once or twice a month if not that people need to do test on these new retros on youtube showing everyday wear and how long do they last if you wear them every day non stop and that will answer yalls question about the quility on these new retros and dont tell me i cant go off of memory cause i have a good one i remember that i could wear og 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 for months on in without any cracking or visible wear and tear on the shoe,by the time i would through them down to one of my relatives they were still fresh after cleanng them and they would still hold up good so showing pictures of og,s to a newer retro doesnt mean anything as far as how long a shoe lasts compared to another shoe thats not even 25 percent close to it thats just ignorance amongst somebody who just wanna justify there purchase knowing JB makes these newer retros for just to ds cause everybody wants to be a collector nowadays thats why quility is down.

I wanna see yall NT hypebeasts try to tell us true og sneakerheads how better and great the new white/cement 3 retros are compared the og version like yall doing the black/infrared 6,my fire red and true blue 3s cracked after just a couple of months of straight wear[a couple of times out the week] and im not a big dude either and watch how many people on here tell us that they havent had a problem with there white/cement 3 while there bald face lying bout it knowing they only wear them once or twice a month if not that people need to do test on these new retros on youtube showing everyday wear and how long do they last if you wear them every day non stop and that will answer yalls question about the quility on these new retros and dont tell me i cant go off of memory cause i have a good one i remember that i could wear og 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 for months on in without any cracking or visible wear and tear on the shoe,by the time i would through them down to one of my relatives they were still fresh after cleanng them and they would still hold up good so showing pictures of og,s to a newer retro doesnt mean anything as far as how long a shoe lasts compared to another shoe thats not even 25 percent close to it thats just ignorance amongst somebody who just wanna justify there purchase knowing JB makes these newer retros for just to ds cause everybody wants to be a collector nowadays thats why quility is down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom