Giving money to the homeless..Yes or No?

When I see they're missing a body part or in a wheelchair or something then yes.
If I see then bum-ed out then NO cause 80% chance they use it on drugs 
tired.gif

man last time this topic came up on NT, someone suggested to do a "pump-fake"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
but damn I dunno sometimes. I used to give a lot when I was little and that was usually my candy money. but these days it's hard to trust that they will spend the money wisely.

man last time this topic came up on NT, someone suggested to do a "pump-fake"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
but damn I dunno sometimes. I used to give a lot when I was little and that was usually my candy money. but these days it's hard to trust that they will spend the money wisely.

I won't give to people my age either cause I work and go to school and I know they can at least try to go out and find a job

...I could never see myself asking for money knowing that I am still physically able to work

It sucks that a lot of them give up on themselves...

I won't give to people my age either cause I work and go to school and I know they can at least try to go out and find a job

...I could never see myself asking for money knowing that I am still physically able to work

It sucks that a lot of them give up on themselves...

Originally Posted by Theta

No, never. Its giving them even further disincentive to work. 90% of them are just lazy dudes that need to get their shti together. I work like 3 jobs, 60+hours a week and these dudes just sit around begging people for change.

the worst is when i see a guy like my age. some dude thats like 21-23 asking me for money.

also, i understand that a lot of them are mentally unstable, but that doesnt mean i should give them money. that means they should be institutionalized if they dont have anybody to care for them and stop bothering hardworking people.

yes.im mad.
That's a really awesome attitude! You seem like such a caring person.

No, never. Its giving them even further disincentive to work. 90% of them are just lazy dudes that need to get their shti together. I work like 3 jobs, 60+hours a week and these dudes just sit around begging people for change.

the worst is when i see a guy like my age. some dude thats like 21-23 asking me for money.

also, i understand that a lot of them are mentally unstable, but that doesnt mean i should give them money. that means they should be institutionalized if they dont have anybody to care for them and stop bothering hardworking people.

yes.im mad.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

yes.im mad.
lol yeah u r making alot of assumption u probably never talk to a homeless person before

yes.im mad.
lol yeah u r making alot of assumption u probably never talk to a homeless person before

Gave homie on the GW Bridge a buck yesterday. Dude had a cat who was knocked out next to him, and a bag of cat food. He did look homeless, not one of those dudes who pose to be homeless but still have a fresh lineup.

Hope dude isnt using his cat as a prop to get sympathy from people if he really isnt homeless.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Gave homie on the GW Bridge a buck yesterday. Dude had a cat who was knocked out next to him, and a bag of cat food. He did look homeless, not one of those dudes who pose to be homeless but still have a fresh lineup.

Hope dude isnt using his cat as a prop to get sympathy from people if he really isnt homeless.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

i'll give whatever dollars and coins i have, but not to the 'new generation bums' that just choose to beg

i'll give whatever dollars and coins i have, but not to the 'new generation bums' that just choose to beg

never in the US, but sometimes in less wealthy countries. still not that often...an no, i don't feel guilty for not handing out hard earned money to people that are just asking for it.

never in the US, but sometimes in less wealthy countries. still not that often...an no, i don't feel guilty for not handing out hard earned money to people that are just asking for it.

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

yes.im mad.
I'm not a caring person because I choose to give my money to people in 3rd world countries that actually need it instead of some bum that wants to stand around all day and have people give things to him?

and what assumptions am i making that are wrong? let me know, im all ears.

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

yes.im mad.
I'm not a caring person because I choose to give my money to people in 3rd world countries that actually need it instead of some bum that wants to stand around all day and have people give things to him?

and what assumptions am i making that are wrong? let me know, im all ears.

Back
Top Bottom