GOAT APP legit?

Had this happen to me before. What I was told a couple of months ago was basically if you send your sale request to the highest offer but you just posted the item for sale, meaning your photos are just being reviewed,  the sale has not been completed. Meaning that while your shoes are being approved for sale, the buyer can retract his offer (they don't know about your acceptance because your shoes are still technically "not for sale" ) or another seller who has his shoes already approved for sale can lower his price to meet the highest offer before your pictures are approved, leaving you with the shoes up for sale but without the original buyer. What I began to do was post all my items for sale, some at very high prices on purpose just so that if i decide to sell at a qualifying offer all I do is lower the price to meet the buyers offer and not wait till an offer is available to avoid this "reviewing" time. I dont know if this makes any sense. :smile:
Goat is annoying with that ****, that's what I like about stockx, you accept an offer and you know instantly whether it's sold or not, none of that waiting game ****

so which is more legit?

stockx or goat?

i've bought on stockx but never on goat... are they basically the same?

Last edited:
so which is more legit?

stockx or goat?

i've bought on stockx but never on goat... are they basically the same?
Both are legit. Both are basically middleman who authenticates your sneakers first before they ship to you.

Last edited:

Had my first bad experience with GOAT today, decided to sell an item accepting a buyer's highest offer. Took a day for them to review and approve the pictures, but never got any notification that a sale was processing. I'm just sitting here waiting to ship my shoes, and all I see now is that they are approved as a new listing and not as "sold".

Been talking to customer service but they've been very vague and doesn't seem to understand my situation.

Anyone else go through this?
Had this happen to me before. What I was told a couple of months ago was basically if you send your sale request to the highest offer but you just posted the item for sale, meaning your photos are just being reviewed,  the sale has not been completed. Meaning that while your shoes are being approved for sale, the buyer can retract his offer (they don't know about your acceptance because your shoes are still technically "not for sale" ) or another seller who has his shoes already approved for sale can lower his price to meet the highest offer before your pictures are approved, leaving you with the shoes up for sale but without the original buyer. What I began to do was post all my items for sale, some at very high prices on purpose just so that if i decide to sell at a qualifying offer all I do is lower the price to meet the buyers offer and not wait till an offer is available to avoid this "reviewing" time. I dont know if this makes any sense. 
smile.gif
Yeah man I totally  get it, so basically what happened then is:

-Buyer posts up an offer

-Seller sees offer, puts up his shoes for sale clicking "sell now at this price" thinking that it's a pending sale

-Meanwhile, seller's shoes are pending review and buyer notices that shoes become available at the same price as his offer

-Buyer removes bid, either due to second thoughts or some other shady reason

-Seller is left with an approved post/listing rather than an actual sale. Is unaware the there is no sale due to no notifications 

-GOAT customer service gives vague replies, so it's hard to figure out what exactly happened

I'll make sure to never start or sell at the lowest price from now on. 

goat is checking the buyer's payment info to make sure it's good. unfortunately their system sucks and sometimes your listing will just be up in limbo and ur shoes will never sell. theyll just be pending.

I absolutely hate goat right now! If anyone remembers I bought a pair of chicago 1s and the toe box was so messed up... I ended ordering a second pair chicago 1s and the same thing happen just that this time it was the other shoe. The same day I return them like I dropped them off at the ups. Goat apologized because the flaw was so noticeable and refunded me the full $420 once they go the shoe. So the first time I payed $390. They told me sell the shoe for $390 and they wont keep any profits from it. When my shoe sold I got the full $390. It took another few weeks for someone to accept my new offer. I ended up paying $30 more and the total was $420. The day I got the shoes I dropped them back off at the ups. because the toe box was messed up again! Two times this happened. Not once but twice. Now I have a offer for $410 on goat for the chicago 1 and no one is accepting it. I told them let me cash out so I can purchase them sole supremacy. They wont let me. First of all I shop at goat to save money. IF I have to pay anywhere close to $450 I could've just got them from sole supremacy 5 months ago. This is a 4/5 month going issue. IM so mad right now. I refuse to pay more then $420 at the same time I didn't want to pay more then $400 but I did because I really want this shoe. Sole supremacy has them for $450 and their shipping time is so much faster. Why wont the let me cash out. Ive been talking to this lady name Julie and she is so mean. Im getting so mad. I'm at the point where I told them Id rather go try stockx  instead of receiving flawed shoes from goat. Im not going to pay anywhere close to $450 thats bs.  

I absolutely hate goat right now! If anyone remembers I bought a pair of chicago 1s and the toe box was so messed up... I ended ordering a second pair chicago 1s and the same thing happen just that this time it was the other shoe. The same day I return them like I dropped them off at the ups. Goat apologized because the flaw was so noticeable and refunded me the full $420 once they go the shoe. So the first time I payed $390. They told me sell the shoe for $390 and they wont keep any profits from it. When my shoe sold I got the full $390. It took another few weeks for someone to accept my new offer. I ended up paying $30 more and the total was $420. The day I got the shoes I dropped them back off at the ups. because the toe box was messed up again! Two times this happened. Not once but twice. Now I have a offer for $410 on goat for the chicago 1 and no one is accepting it. I told them let me cash out so I can purchase them sole supremacy. They wont let me. First of all I shop at goat to save money. IF I have to pay anywhere close to $450 I could've just got them from sole supremacy 5 months ago. This is a 4/5 month going issue. IM so mad right now. I refuse to pay more then $420 at the same time I didn't want to pay more then $400 but I did because I really want this shoe. Sole supremacy has them for $450 and their shipping time is so much faster. Why wont the let me cash out. Ive been talking to this lady name Julie and she is so mean. Im getting so mad. I'm at the point where I told them Id rather go try stockx  instead of receiving flawed shoes from goat. Im not going to pay anywhere close to $450 thats bs.  
Goat dont care once their platform got to popular they will screw people over. thats why I use stockx their customer service is way better than goats.

Im so sad and upset right now. This is a 4 month almost 5 month issue. The only reason I shop at goat is to save money. Not pay more. They send me flawed shoes not once but TWICE. Each time they said this shoe was mass produced. I just found out sole supremacy has $20 off for memorial day. I can get the chicago 1s for $430. It takes weeks for someone to accept my offer. No one is accepting my offer and I dont want to wait weeks or another month before someone accepts my offer. I want to buy them from another company so I can get my shoes in 3 to 4 days. I wont have to wait 10 to 14 days for goat shipping. Like I said no one is accepting my offer for $410 its been a week. I already told goat I'm not going to pay more then $420. First time I payed $390 and I was like okay im saving $60. Second time I payed $420 and I was like okay im still saving $30 and you know what 420 is kind of a trippy number. I can get them for $430 right now from sole supremacy. Sole supremacy has never send me a jordan 1 where the toebox was messed up. I got the aj1 wings and the toe box is perfect. I got the new love and the toe box is perfect. For whatever reason goat sends me chicago 1s with the toe box being so messed up. It looks terrible I dont want people to look at my foot and say hey thats a b grade shoe. If goat is reading this then make things right. At fist i asked nicely and told them why I want to cash. Im at the point where im about to boycott goat. IM so mad. This is a 4 month issue. Im done waiting I want my shoe this week. 

Im so sad and upset right now. This is a 4 month almost 5 month issue. The only reason I shop at goat is to save money. Not pay more. They send me flawed shoes not once but TWICE. Each time they said this shoe was mass produced. I just found out sole supremacy has $20 off for memorial day. I can get the chicago 1s for $430. It takes weeks for someone to accept my offer. No one is accepting my offer and I dont want to wait weeks or another month before someone accepts my offer. I want to buy them from another company so I can get my shoes in 3 to 4 days. I wont have to wait 10 to 14 days for goat shipping. Like I said no one is accepting my offer for $410 its been a week. I already told goat I'm not going to pay more then $420. First time I payed $390 and I was like okay im saving $60. Second time I payed $420 and I was like okay im still saving $30 and you know what 420 is kind of a trippy number. I can get them for $430 right now from sole supremacy. Sole supremacy has never send me a jordan 1 where the toebox was messed up. I got the aj1 wings and the toe box is perfect. I got the new love and the toe box is perfect. For whatever reason goat sends me chicago 1s with the toe box being so messed up. It looks terrible I dont want people to look at my foot and say hey thats a b grade shoe. If goat is reading this then make things right. At fist i asked nicely and told them why I want to cash. Im at the point where im about to boycott goat. IM so mad. This is a 4 month issue. Im done waiting I want my shoe this week. 
Stop crying dude. 

Small flaws okay I understand. But the toe box being not centered is a huge flaw. Some dude said stop crying. Its my money. My $420. If you were in my situation you would feel the same way. 

This is called is Goat APP legit right? Im posting my experience. If you own this site and you want to ban me then do it. Im posting my experience. Goat has send me not once but twice flawed shoes in a row.  The guy that said Im crying I want you to post your chicago 1s with the toe box messed up. 

Goat dont care once their platform got to popular they will screw people over. thats why I use stockx their customer service is way better than goats.
I just made my second purchase from stockx. first time was good. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Small flaws okay I understand. But the toe box being not centered is a huge flaw. Some dude said stop crying. Its my money. My $420. If you were in my situation you would feel the same way. 

That's why I stay away from buying shoes without seeing them first, I'm too damn picky. Once the apps have that options I'll be a happy man.

Does anyone know if you can cash out only part of your credits on GOAT or does it always take the whole amount?

That's why I stay away from buying shoes without seeing them first, I'm too damn picky. Once the apps have that options I'll be a happy man.
I feel you man. Im done with goat. Its so time consuming. Id rather pay more and not worry about the 2 week shipping or getting flawed shoes. Ive sold more then 10 pair of shoes. If any of my shoes have a flaws im required to post in in the description. They never email me, they just send me flawed shoes. they look b grade and fake. Idk why they do this to me. They should at least give me a heads up saying "hey these chicago 1s have huge flaws are you okay with this". Instead they just ship them out to me.  I want to get the same exact shoe from another company but they wont let me cash out. Thats bs. Its my money and I need it now. 

Its like going out to eat. If they mess up your order once you might give them another chance. If they mess it up twice your not going to go back for the third time. The only reason I shop a goat is for better prices. Doesn't mean they should sell flawed shoes. I could've got the chicago 1s for $450. I didn't want to spend more then $400 so I got them from goat for $390. I posted the pics here you can see them. The second time I put a bid in for $390 no one accepted it. Then 400 no one accepted it. Eventually $410 and someone accepted it. Plus $10 shipping thats $420. Still $30 cheaper so I was like thats still a win. The second pair had the same exact flaw. Two times. Goat apologized because even they knew the flaw was soo noticeable. Now no one is accepting my offer for $410. Im not going to pay more. Im not idc what happens im not going to give goat more of my money. I have $420 in goat credits that I want to cash out so I can buy the same shoe from a different company. The other company shipping time is only 3-4 days. Normally 3 days. Goat shipping time is 11 to 14 days for me. Depends where you live. No one is accepting my offer. So many days and weeks are going by. Im tired of waiting. I want my shoe this week.  If goat is reading this you know I'm right. You guys send me flawed show not once but twice in a row. This is a 4 month issue almost 5. Im tired of waiting. I also asked for a apology from Julie. If she doesn't apologize to me Im never going to sell my shoes on goat. Ill sell my shoes on stockx/craiglist/ebay. But never goat. Ive put so much money in they pockets and they are rude. I wish I hadn't even downloaded this app. More hassle than its worth. 

That's not a flaw

If it happened twice in a row... it's clearly happened to many pairs. I remember you posting it before which IMO it wasn't anything crazy but hen you pay resell you want absolute perfect pair especially at $400

Have you ever thought to buy on eBay? You see pictures of all the products

Most Jordan's come with flaws, if you order two pairs of the same shoe with the same issue TWICE maybe you need to lower your standards on what to expect from made in China shoes

I have many shoes I payed Resale for. I have so many 1s in my collection. Their toe box is nice. If you go to Chicago 1 images Only 1 has the toe box messed up all the others is centered. Few of my friends have the Chicago 1s and their toe box is nice and centered. I told goat if they never want me to buy or sell at goat again I'm okay with that. I'm fed up. I just want my money so I can move on. Why can't they let me have my money. There's kyries I wanted and I was willing to buy them from goat but after this experience I don't want to. I'll buy from other companies. Idc if it costs me more. I don't get why they won't just let me move on. I want my $420 and I'll never mess with goat again. I've gotten few shoes from goat that have been good but I've also gotten shoes from goat that have been bad. I can show you proof. I'm telling goat I'm willing to move on. I have such a good seller rating like my number is high and eventually I wanted to hit 250 but Idc about that. Just to prove my point I'm willing to move on from goat. I will delete my app all that.

That's not a flaw

If it happened twice in a row... it's clearly happened to many pairs. I remember you posting it before which IMO it wasn't anything crazy but hen you pay resell you want absolute perfect pair especially at $400

Have you ever thought to buy on eBay? You see pictures of all the products

Most Jordan's come with flaws, if you order two pairs of the same shoe with the same issue TWICE maybe you need to lower your standards on what to expect from made in China shoes
Go to the chicago 1 images for new and used. Almost every chicago 1 the toe box is centered. I have shoes worth more then the chicago 1s. Don't make it seem like I want every shoe perfect. I understand that every shoe is not perfect. I dont think any shoe is. The way the toe box looks is unacceptable to me. I go to the store and pick up any pair of 1s or you can buy a pair of 1s and the toe box will be nice and centered. Maybe you are a stronger man then me meaning you dont care if people come up to you and when they see your shoes they question hey man are they b grade? I care. I got at least 4 shoes worth more then the chicago 1s. I dont care if Im spending $200 or $400 or $500 or $600 I dont want my toe box to be messed up that bad. 

Back
Top Bottom