GOAT APP legit?

My recent sell on Goat got rejected as replica??!! I bought them last year from flight club. They sent me a paypal invoice of 37 bucks for verification and shipping to get my shoes back. I don't know who to call, GOAT or flight club

That's tough, maybe flight club sell you fakes, you may have to just pay the $37, because that was last year you bought them from FC

That's tough, maybe flight club sell you fakes, you may have to just pay the $37, because that was last year you bought them from FC

I already paid them to return my shoes. I really don't have other option. I don't know what to do at this point. I contacted flight club and they haven't emailed me back. If they are legit, can I get my 37 bucks back from GOAT?

Its been 9 days and I haven't received my shoe yet? is that normal?

I have sold 20+ kicks on the app and last Wednesday was the first time that I purchased a shoe from them.  Was 8/24....today 8/29 I got the "your shoes are in transit to Goat'  So much for having to ship out in 72 hours.....

I have sold 20+ kicks on the app and last Wednesday was the first time that I purchased a shoe from them.  Was 8/24....today 8/29 I got the "your shoes are in transit to Goat'  So much for having to ship out in 72 hours.....
Sometimes the USPS office is slow in scanning and processing and other times, the seller claims they dropped them off at USPS on the app within the 72 hour time frame but actually drops them off like 4 days later and as long as USPS scans and has them on the way to the GOAT warehouse in Culver City within 2 days of receiving, the seller is okay and order won't be cancelled. I've done that once. Otherwise, I usually ship within 24-48 hours. 

Last edited:
I just want to make sure I dont waste money. GOAT is 100% legit. I should buy as many pair of shoes as I want from there correct?

Have had a good experience selling on GOAT but today got an e-mail saying the shoes I shipped were not new condition. What I don't understand about that is that I bought them directly from Nike store and listed right away. I'm waiting to see what they come back with. They being GOAT.

Have had a good experience selling on GOAT but today got an e-mail saying the shoes I shipped were not new condition. What I don't understand about that is that I bought them directly from Nike store and listed right away. I'm waiting to see what they come back with. They being GOAT.
More than likely they were a returned shoe that Nike resold. Either the sole had obvious wear or the shoe looked "worn." Other possibility is that the shoe was a display model or just tried on many times. GOAT said they same thing to me on one of the Black mesh monochrome NMD's I sold because there were some very minor dirt/black marks on the all white sole. The store I purchased them from sent them to me like that. I ended up having GOAT resell them on my behalf as used. Took like a $30 loss but now I triple check all my purchases. 

Last edited:
More than likely they were a returned shoe that Nike resold. Either the sole had obvious wear or the shoe looked "worn." Other possibility is that the shoe was a display model or just tried on many times. GOAT said they same thing to me on of the Black mesh monochrome NMD's I sold because there were some very minor dirt/black marks on the all white sole. 

I'm guessing they charged you for the return shipping and such?

I'm guessing they charged you for the return shipping and such?
Nah, I had GOAT resell it as used. If you want it back to return to Nike or something, then yeah, they will probably charge for return shipping. 

Last edited:
Nah, I had GOAT resell it as used. If you want it back to return to Nike or something, then yeah, they will probably charge for return shipping. 

Gotcha. I'm still waiting to see. I asked them to send pics of the defects, etc.

I sold a pair of shoes on Friday, had the tracking number and dropped them off at the PO Monday at 8:00am. The PO checked them in at the END of the day, not in the am like when I dropped them off. GOAT cancelled my order and stated now I had to pay 15% fee on my next sale. I don't have the shoes and now I don't have the money in my account. Awaiting to hear from GOAT now. The shoes are supposed to be delivered to them for verification on Wednesday the 31st (tomorrow).

I sold a pair of shoes on Friday, had the tracking number and dropped them off at the PO Monday at 8:00am. The PO checked them in at the END of the day, not in the am like when I dropped them off. GOAT cancelled my order and stated now I had to pay 15% fee on my next sale. I don't have the shoes and now I don't have the money in my account. Awaiting to hear from GOAT now. The shoes are supposed to be delivered to them for verification on Wednesday the 31st (tomorrow).

when did you confirm the sale on friday? perhaps cause it past the 72 hour timeframe they want you to drop the shoes off?

Be interesting to know the business operations of Goat. I have to imagine they are just swamped constantly with shoes coming and going. Be interested to know what sort of employee count they have on hand.

Interesting reads for sure. So far I have really enjoyed this app. Never used StockX and probably will not because I am not a reseller and currently goat is working great for me

when did you confirm the sale on friday? perhaps cause it past the 72 hour timeframe they want you to drop the shoes off?

Confirmed early afternoon Friday, dropped off at Post Office early Monday morning. Shoes were not scanned by USPS till late afternoon. I cannot control that. Everyone knows USPS indent nearly as efficient or we'll run as UPS or Fedex.

Also keep in mind my local post office for my zip code is not open Saturday and of course not on Sunday. I do not believe they will scan in a package anytime after close of business Friday until the following Monday morning.

Confirmed early afternoon Friday, dropped off at Post Office early Monday morning. Shoes were not scanned by USPS till late afternoon. I cannot control that. Everyone knows USPS indent nearly as efficient or we'll run as UPS or Fedex.

Also keep in mind my local post office for my zip code is not open Saturday and of course not on Sunday. I do not believe they will scan in a package anytime after close of business Friday until the following Monday morning.
Happened to me once since I confirmed on Friday night and I forgot it was holiday on Monday plus mall USPS was closed Sunday. Buyer had option to cancel after 72 hrs but didn't. My seller rating is over 200 (they are more forgiving) so now I just say I dropped it off to meet 72 hour deadline. As long as USPS hoods it for less than 2 days, my sales went through.

Last edited:
Happened to me once since I confirmed on Friday night and I forgot it was holiday on Monday plus mall USPS was closed Sunday. Buyer had option to cancel after 72 hrs but didn't. My seller rating is over 200 (they are more forgiving) so now I just say I dropped it off to meet 72 hour deadline. As long as USPS hoods it for less than 2 days, my sales went through.

So you just emailed them and said you dropped them off in the correct time frame? I've had 4 sales, this particular one was my 5th. I emailed them explaining my situation in detail. Hope they side in my favor. This app is so much easier and less of a headache than eBay.

So you just emailed them and said you dropped them off in the correct time frame? I've had 4 sales, this particular one was my 5th. I emailed them explaining my situation in detail. Hope they side in my favor. This app is so much easier and less of a headache than eBay.

Nah, I just mark as shipped on app. After a sale goes through, you have 24 hours to confirm. Then, you request shipping label. After that, you have option to mark as ahipped. Normally, I wait to mark it as shipped until I drop it off. In a few instances, I just marked as shipped prior to actually dropping them off in order to avoid cancellation for not meeting 72 hr requirement.

Nah, I just mark as shipped on app. After a sale goes through, you have 24 hours to confirm. Then, you request shipping label. After that, you have option to mark as ahipped. Normally, I wait to mark it as shipped until I drop it off. In a few instances, I just marked as shipped prior to actually dropping them off in order to avoid cancellation for not meeting 72 hr requirement.

Ah yes, I forgot to mark them as shipped. Come to think of it, I don't believe I ever marked them as shipped on the previous sales. Heck anyone could mark them as shipped and then take more than 3 days to ship. I just hope this doesn't hang me up and they disregard it as a simple mistake. I was dropped to 88 points. 15% commission is taxing!

Back
Top Bottom