Golf Thread - PGA Championship *Scottie Scheffler Arrested*

I really don’t care one way or another. I was anti-LIV because it fractured golf and ultimately, the fan was the main loser.

I don’t give a **** about an athletes pockets but I have a huge problem when dudes like Brooks, Phil and Bryson are justifying the move by saying it’s for the “better of the game”. Just say you were in it for the money like HV3 did

Slap in the face to Rory and Tiger. Trot them out week in and week out as your puppets just for this crap

LIV didn’t necessarily win, it will likely cease to exist as we know it. The Saudi’s got their seat at the table like they always wanted so they can continue their sports washing.

But the REAL winners are the fans. I’m just glad I can see Brooks, DJ, Rory, Rahm and Scheffler tee it up in the same events outside the majors.

Also real funny to see random sports pundits come out of the woodwork to state their opinion on this whole thing :lol: like they really cared about pro golf this entire time.

Also funny seeing these LIV backers act like they “won”. Like have y’all actually WATCHED LIV? The product is terrible :lol:

Good, **** Rory. Annoying entitled prick.
How? Rory’s like one of the most beloved :lol: if you’re calling him entitled, than call Tiger, JT, Spieth, Rahm etc all entitled. Rory is just the dude the tour asked to be the face of the war against LIV. They all have the exact same view point

Rory only has himself to blame. Out there tap dancing for his commissioner only to get used is hilarious to me. LIV quality wasn’t high but the top guys made bank and weren’t doing da buss it challenge like Rory.

LIV golf was a complete failure

The Saudis probably saw it was never gonna break through and decided to just buy the Euro and PGA Tour.

LIV golf was a complete failure

The Saudis probably saw it was never gonna break through and decided to just buy the Euro and PGA Tour.
Saudis didn’t “buy” those tours tho. The PGA and Euro tour merged with the Saudi fund as a principal “investor”. PGA still has majority voting rights. There was no mention of LIV in the document. The LIV name will likely die as well

Saudis never intended for LIV to be successful. They had billions in their pocket and wanted to bleed the PGA dry in court. All they wanted was a seat at the table. They’re taking over the global sports (soccer, golf, F1). The strong showing from LIV guys at the Masters and obviously Brooks winning at Oak Hill likely helped force the issue

Semantics, wouldn’t necessarily call that “buying”. Saudis don’t “own” the PGA tour still

The non-profit 501(c) still exists as is. That controls pensions, operations, etc. The Saudis have zero stake in this part
The new, for-profit entity is the true merger of all three “tours”. The PGA and Euro schedules will likely remain unchanged. They likely add the team events into the fall off-season. A large % investment money comes from the Saudis but they don’t “own it” . It’s the same concept as shareholders in a company from what I’ve been told.

Big big note: the PGA still holds a majority voting rights.

It’s spicy in an nt golf thread 🔥🔥🔥
I use all my free time either golfing or consuming golf related content. This is arguably one of the biggest sporting events of the last several decades. It’s crazy interesting and nuanced

I’m just glad the FANS won in the end

Saudis didn’t “buy” those tours tho. The PGA and Euro tour merged with the Saudi fund as a principal “investor”. PGA still has majority voting rights. There was no mention of LIV in the document. The LIV name will likely die as well

Saudis never intended for LIV to be successful. They had billions in their pocket and wanted to bleed the PGA dry in court. All they wanted was a seat at the table. They’re taking over the global sports (soccer, golf, F1). The strong showing from LIV guys at the Masters and obviously Brooks winning at Oak Hill likely helped force the issue
Dude the effectively own the PGA if the deals go through

They spent billions, they will have control in the end.

I can't read the Saudis minds but LIV was clearly struggling to gain relevance. If LIV did happen to gain relevance, I doubt this deal goes through, or if it does the Saudis won't have to come out the pocket as much

Dude the effectively own the PGA if the deals go through

They spent billions, they will have control in the end.

I can't read the Saudis minds but LIV was clearly struggling to gain relevance. If LIV did happen to gain relevance, I doubt this deal goes through, or if it does the Saudis won't have to come out the pocket as much
LIV was never going to gain relevance. Paying hundreds of millions up front wasn’t a sustainable business model. There was no way on earth that the revenue earned would have paid that back.

The plan was to always get the seat at the table by any means necessary. This was the path of least resistance. Saudis didn’t give a crap if LIV succeeded or not. They wanted a seat at the GLOBAL golf table.

Rory is a 🤡
Then so is Tiger, JT, and the rest of the tour :lol: can’t single Rory out just because he was the talking head. Tiger was saying these EXACT same stuff Rory was saying. Except Tiger was at home nursing his back a majority of the time.

And y’all gotta remember, the PGA dudes didn’t care that folks left for LIV. They cared that LIV was suing them. Bryson and Phil were suing the very tour they left because they couldn’t play…..in said tour. ironic isn’t it?

Then so is Tiger, JT, and the rest of the tour :lol: can’t single Rory out just because he was the talking head. Tiger was saying these EXACT same stuff Rory was saying. Except Tiger was at home nursing his back a majority of the time.

And y’all gotta remember, the PGA dudes didn’t care that folks left for LIV. They cared that LIV was suing them. Bryson and Phil were suing the very tour they left because they couldn’t play…..in said tour. ironic isn’t it?
Tiger can do whatever he wants. He’s above golf.

Rory just a bootlicker that hasn’t won a major in almost a decade.

Tiger can do whatever he wants. He’s above golf.

Rory just a bootlicker that hasn’t won a major in almost a decade.
Brother, come on :lol: you’re better than that. At least provide a better rebuttal than saying “Tiger can do whatever he wants”. We gonna forget about the mistresses now? Gonna forget about the accident that broke his leg because dude was speeding on prescription drugs? Give me a break.

But Rory has been arguably the best golfer in the last decade? No one has had more sustained success than he has (maybe outside DJ). Best driver of the golf ball ever, best ball striker ever via strokes gained. Multiple time FedEx cup winner. Hardly a bootlicker.

Tigers a damn nerd :lol: weird *** voice. But he’s the sole reason that golfers can even get paid $300mil in 2023

Brooks is HIM tho. That’s the real alpha right now. That’s a bad bad bad man

Tiger a bozo

I haven't had respect for dude since this dropped...

As a golf fan and a serial cheater at the time, I couldn't believe one of my childhood heroes was moving around that reckless. First time I heard it I was like...
wtf-basketball.gif

Tiger’s biggest down fall was being friends with MJ and Charles. Two scumbags that moved recklessly and in Jordan’s case was protected by the media. Also thought it was hilarious how Tiger so wanted to be accepted by White America but Fuzzy let him know what it was about.

Tiger couldn’t keep it in his pants and lost years of his career because of it. 🤡 status

Tiger was asking chicks about golden showers calling it a “morbid curiosity” :lol: and saying he didn’t know if he could do it because he would get stage fright

Then he would go force marines to teach him boot camp and then make them pay for their own lunch :lol: dude is just weird

Tiger’s biggest down fall was being friends with MJ and Charles. Two scumbags that moved recklessly and in Jordan’s case was protected by the media. Also thought it was hilarious how Tiger so wanted to be accepted by White America but Fuzzy let him know what it was about.

Tiger couldn’t keep it in his pants and lost years of his career because of it. 🤡 status
That whole elitist womanizer clique of tiger. Jordan. Jeter…. They was besties for a reason

I'm wondering if some other group of investors with deep pockets will come in and try to create another competing league on the platform that they are not Saudi funded??? There have been guys before the Saudi's that had kicked around the idea... Bezos with his Amazon platform for broadcasting??? I understand the "oil/blood money" is more than any group can pool but PGA was doing fine in making money for years without Saudi money... This was just another money grab by the heads of the PGA which was a big complaint of players over the years... Tiger and Rory were already venturing out with their own little golf situation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom